[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (80KB, 627x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 627x450px
Is using pronouns beside Him/Her inherently SJW or are there legitimate uses?
>>
Using weird pronouns is punk. It's rebellion against society.
>>
There's a fine line between SJW and actually nonbinary with a ton of overlap.

Part of it is definitely "punk" as a movement, but I know a handful of people that are intersex/nonbinary and use they/them without being SJW/tumblrinas.

I use they/them too, honestly, but I'm a fucking train wreck and shouldn't be used as an example.
>>
>>7501741 same poster

but seriously, if you use Xir/Xe or any of that shit you should really chill the fuck out. They/them is neutral enough and while I'll respect the fuck out of your self autonomy, you should really get the fuck out of my face with invented pronouns to fit your snowflake ass self.

I've never actually met someone who uses that shit, but I know they're out there.
>>
File: misc-jackie-chan-l.png (159KB, 1500x952px) Image search: [Google]
misc-jackie-chan-l.png
159KB, 1500x952px
Why the fuck would you use "Xir" as a pronoun? It sounds like "sir"! Only dumbfuck ethnic people use "sir" as a pronoun, like in place of "you".
>>
>>7501741
Yea, I agree with this. Nonbinary is a legitimate identity but dumb snowflakes fucked it up
>>
File: 1367000836966.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1367000836966.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>7501741
>actually nonbinary
>>
>>7501741
Do people talk about you in the plural form though? Everyone says they/them is valid but I've never heard any one conjugate the singular they properly.

>They goes to the store
>They talks with the clerk
>They buys rice
>>
>>7506206
>They buys rice

correctly conjugated:
>They buy rice
>>
>>7500771
>Is using pronouns beside Him/Her inherently SJW
No.
http://www.english-grammar-revolution.com/list-of-pronouns.html
>>
I know who somone who uses Fae pronouns. They are also totally full of shit. Far too entitled.
They went to the bank to change their name and because (While they were wearing female clothes) the bank asked them if they wanted to change their gender from male they flipped sht and reported the bank to the newspaper and likely cost that clerk their job, who at least had the presence of mind to connect Trans with wanting to change recorded gender.

Personally I think people like this are REALLY holding back the trans movement and giving people a bad representation of transpeople. Especially when they tend to be the loudest ones in the crowd.
>>
>>7506930
I should also add that they describe the incident as the most violent experience of their lives post transition.... Then when a trans person (one who actually goes on this board actually) called them out and said they didn't know the first thing about real violence. (She had had her head kicked in by transphobes etc)
>>
>>7506178
there are unironically medical cases of people born with sex characteristics that are neither entirely male nor entirely female. its very rare, but it exists
>>
>>7506386
That's not how a singular pronoun works in English. You don't say "she buy rice." You say "she buys." So why should "they" be exempt from this rule? Conjugating it correctly would even make it more valid as a gender neutral singular because there would be no room for confusion.
>>
>>7506946
> implying mental trauma hurts any less than physical trauma
Reported
>>
>>7507746
Grammatical form is independent from meaning. The singular they uses the 'plural' form, but that doesn't mean the word actually refers to something plural.
>>
Is the X in Xir pronounced like "Xavier" or like "Fox"?
>>
>>7500771
Using they/them for legitimately intersex and non-binary people is fine. But all the other weird made-up pronouns like xe/xir are just SJW nonsense.
>>
>>7507746
They buy rice is ambiguous in English, in this sense "they" could mean a group or a single person. Context from other sentences or additional information in the sentence is what you would need to communicate what you mean.

That's just how English works and why it's so difficult for foreigners to learn.

Speaking of, what do non-binaries and sjws call themselves in other languages?
>>
>>7510594
I've heard it pronounced 3 ways.

Brasilians pronounce it like 'sh'

xir = sheer

Mexicans pronounce it like 'h'

xir = hear

Americans pronounce it like 'z'

xir = zeer
>>
>>7513360
>what do non-binaries and sjws call themselves in other languages?

there are many different words:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender
>>
theythems are worse than xirs because they actually believe people will take them seriously. People perceive male and female. Do you really want to live a life where you have to tell everyone you meet that you're neither and them not really fucking getting it because you're obviously female?
>>
>>7500771
>Is using pronouns beside Him/Her inherently SJW
Yes

>or are there legitimate uses?
No

The whole thig is about "smashing the heteropatriarchal capitalist white supremacist society". It's not about helping you but using you as a tool to erode civilization so that communism can be done "right" finally.
You are being used.
>>
File: tired_man_sepia.jpg (122KB, 451x473px) Image search: [Google]
tired_man_sepia.jpg
122KB, 451x473px
I don't know OP.
But i do know that i'd rather waste my time memorizing chemical equations or programming languages that i will actually need in my life, than wasting brain cells to remember some hipster pronoun sheets for a minority of people
i'm very unlikely to meet or befriend in my lifetime.
The effort is not worth it.
I'd rather sacrifice my image/reputation in the eyes of a few pronoun hipsters for the sake of tangible knowledge.
I am a human after all. I have my own priorities in life, limited energy and time, and don't have a robotic memory.
Not everyone in this world will respect me and i am perfectly comfortable adding a few transweenies to that equation since i can always find someone else to be friends with.
After all, being hated by one group opens a door of friendship with another, so nothing of value is really lost.
>>
>>7515825
You're truly enlightened by your own intellect
>>
>>7515850
It would be more wisdom than intellect.
I have an average intellect, but it is indeed wise to live life to the fullest without wasting it on trivialities, and trans feelings are a triviality in the bigger picture.
The world is so big, much bigger than trannies.
Wasting time on them is like wasting time on bashing bronies and furries and all other such minorities that only see significance on the Internet because a few popular places collectivize them and label them as what they are for awareness.

Because if the Internet didn't tag them for awareness, you wouldn't even realize their existence even if they brushed their shoulders against you on the street while passing by.
>>
In the case where someone doesn't feel completely like a man or woman, why not just say you don't mind and let people choose what they find natural?
>>
>>7515961
Buddy you could say you identify as a Ninja Turtle and I wouldn't mind. It's when you force me to remember your retarded pronouns that I take issue.
>>
>>7507746
they can't be singular.
don't fuck with grammar
>>
>>7515825
>i do know that i'd rather waste my time memorizing chemical equations or programming languages that i will actually need in my life, than wasting brain cells to remember some hipster pronoun sheets for a minority of people
>i'm very unlikely to meet or befriend in my lifetime.
>The effort is not worth it.
>I'd rather sacrifice my image/reputation in the eyes of a few pronoun hipsters for the sake of tangible knowledge.
This
Literally exactly this
The ludicrous entitlement of expecting other people to memorize your personal identitarian shit is just beyond all human bounds, it's so preposterous it can only be viewed clearly from an observation probe in orbit around Saturn
Even if it were 100% morally justified it simply wouldn't be feasible, but in actual fact it's also a gross imposition
>>
>>7516981
William Shakespeare used they in the singular, as did Geoffrey Chaucer and many other great authors. Don't claim you know better than them.
>>
>>7513309
What the hell does intersex even mean? Hermaphrodite?
>>
>>7515867
>>7515825
kek why can't I hold this fedora
>>
>>7519081
Basically. "Hermaphrodite" is considered a slightly out-of-date term, is all.
>>
>>7515825
>>7515867
You sound like the Buddha of /lgbt/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.