[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Success chances of a /LGBT/ person.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So, let's say a /lgbt/ person wants to get a dregree in Computer Science.

I've heard that the computer area, in general, got a lot of gays and trans. Is that real?

What are the chances of having success, both at the university and later in the work, while being a feminine fag? What about a transgirl/guy?
>>
if you're not shit at what you're doing then it doesn't really matter
>>
File: giphy-6.gif (1010KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-6.gif
1010KB, 500x375px
>>7500199

Uhm. No. As a CS senior who has been in every sort of CS class imagineable, met many CS people, etc. No, they are just a subset of the general population. Less girls, sure. Some ugly r9k people who become MtF because they can't get sex and hope they can by mutilating their dick. So thay leaves gay men.

The answer is no. Look in the English department. Plus, the boys are much cuter. That's part of the reason it's my double major.
>>
>>7500234
Doesn't the looks and things like that matter nowadays? Like, i heard many cases of people shitting at lgbt people.

However, of course, Computer science and degrees like it doesn't equire too much irl interation, so idk...
>>
>>7500246
This makes a harsher road for lgbt people, as they're still a minority, or it doesn't matter anyway?
>>
>>7500199
I did my undergrad in chemistry and it was about 50/50 male/female and there was a couple gay guys.
Didn't see any trans, but this was like 7 years ago so there was a lot less trans back then.

No idea about how successful people have been, chemistry isn't a great career path to pursue to begin with due to the complete lack thereof an industry to it in North America. I'm sure the foreigners did well enough since chemistry is a booming industry in Asia, not so much in NA and EU though.
>>
>>7500199
If cis women after studying something for years just drop it to become housewives, why should society waste money on subsidizing their study instead of subsidizing an ftm, cis man or trans girl who will actually put their education to use? Tapayer's money shouldn't be wasted where it won't help society.
>>
>>7500199
sup, I'm a tgirl who has a successful (I made more than 100k per year) job as a software engineer. I started doing it when I was pretty young, and I never went to university so I don't have crippling debt.

That said, I'm not out in my workplace. Everyone thinks I'm a weird cis dude. Not sure how it would have been different if I were presenting female. Probably fine since the vast majority of tech people are not prejudiced.
>>
>>7500694
how did you decide on software engineering instead of whoring?

how are you weird for a cis dude?
>>
>>7500701
>how did you decide on software engineering instead of whoring?
because I like building things that are useful to others, it pleases my autism. Plus it pays really well now.

>how are you weird for a cis dude
I have female mannerisms and long feminine hair, I'm sort of always in this state of uncomfortably pretending to be a normal male.
>>
>>7500736
>because I like building things that are useful to others, it pleases my autism. Plus it pays really well now.
kind of wish i learned that instead of being a lazy neet. but being a whore or a housewife helps build things too by supporting men.
>>
>>7500748
This...
I've stayed comfortable with sucking cock and never tried to study for something bigger.

I guess everyone get what they work for.
>>
Computer Science is 80% white men, 20% East Asian and Indian men, with a few girls here and there. LGBT aren't particularly overrepresented, though I'm sure there are a few. I don't think it would hurt you at all to be trans, but it won't help you either. The "crossdressing makes you better at programming" shit they spam on /g/ is just a meme.
>>
>>7500774
despite my success in the industry I'm still a repressed insecure tranny with no sex prospects or friends so it's not like your life immediately will be amazing
>>
>>7500799
It can be my messed up view of life, but you've got the hardest already anon. Now, there's 7billion people in the world, it's not hard to find someone to satisfy your romantic, social or sex life.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.