[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lgbt vegans and vegetarians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: body1.jpg (21KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
body1.jpg
21KB, 500x360px
>tfw no strong muscle vegan daddy bf to enforce you to avoid eating meat cause it's immoral
>>
>>7498298
>vegan
>strong
Pick one
>>
I'm considering starting a vegetarian diet but I'm slightly worried veganism may miss the point. I wholeheartedly fight against animal mistreatment, but there's something utterly ridiculous in refusing to shave sheep or milk a cow. It's necessary. Also, I have serious environmental concerns when it comes to consume locally and responsibly, and I don't think that's an excellent idea to buy some leather-free shoes designed by Stella McCartney that are made with textiles and material shipped from all over the world.
>>
legit question, is cum vegan? technically its an animal product
>>
>>7498561
i think because the animal in consensually giving the product to you it counts in a 'spirit of the law' kind of way. because the 'moral' problem with meat and meat products is that you're taking things from the animals without their consent, the equivalent to either murder or slavery.

so cum is vegan if they're a consenting adult

cum is not vegan if you rape someone or they are a child
>>
>>7498561
Depends on who you ask.
But technically it isn't vegan.

So a gay vegan is someone who doesn't swallow aka a prissy bitch, or a hypocrite.
Vegetarians > shit > vegans.
>>
>>7498584
What if you get raped and you eat your own cum?
>>
>>7498552
Pretty much my views. I love the idea of a more grounded diet rather than a lot of these awfully processed meats. I just think people go so far with everything.
So many think being a vegetarian isn't good enough. You have to be at every protect for animal rights. Then they think that too isn't good enough, so you have to avoid meats at all costs 100% of the time regardless of how well the animal was treated. Then they think that too isn't good enough and you have to go full vegan. And then that's not enough, your entire life has to revolve around collecting rainwater, using solar energy, using your own poop to run your devices, eating only vegetables you grow yourself because muh gmos, etc.

It's just a fucking disaster. All anyone should really do is just watch what they fucking eat. Stop shoving shit into your body that makes you feel awful anyways.
>>
>>7498561
yes
unless you go by some asinine definition that no one believes it is
>>
>>7498670
We should do that. The objection I have to veganism is the firm convinction, endowed and somehow validated with feeling, that anything done to animals is wrong. Is there a need of consentment to have a sheep shorn? This ideology is lacking coherence. We're expected to protect the faun, yet we eat vegetables grown in Spain, New Zealand, China or India. How many are killed due to the endless manœuvring of container ships and bulk carriers? Veganism is founded upon a good intention but has no actual understanding of how the chain of consumption is, and how to have a real, positive outcome on animals.
>>
>>7498584
can you eat food that was grown using animal shit as fertilizer?
>>
>>7498866
it's just a boycott on animal products and factory farming

producing vegetables harms animals but it isn't direct and can theoretically be improved and you aren't raising pests specifically to kill them
>>
>>7498866
Exactly. Great intentions, but such awful executions largely due to this pompous outlook as the foundation of the lifestyle. Seek to understand how the chain actually works and grasp better alternatives. Not everyone has access to acres and acres of free perfectly farmable land to grow vegetables for their entire family and live off that exclusively. So there's zero need to shame people, but that's such a large part of veganism, looking down on others who aren't because they're 'bystanders to animal murder and basically the same as being ok with watching your friend get raped and killed'.
>>
>>7498892
try not eating animal products for a week it's probably not as hard as you think it is

you seem to be talking about some extreme environmentalism that really isn't the same thing
>>
>>7498880
>>7498902
I consider the environmental cost as whole, regardless of whether it is direct or indirect. The problem with veganism is that you precisely aren't looking beyond these dynamics, because a stern, mindless boycott doesn't lead anywhere. You have to question your lifestyle as the outcome of a global system that articulates on countless angles, each raising countless issues and subsequent debates to carry on. This is what veganism isn't addressing.

Do you think it serves the animals to swap a leather-bound jacket with a cloth-woven one? What if the cotton used comes from India or Brazil? What if that required to have several acres of forest burnt down, and a precious biodiversity destroyed? Why if it's shipped to Hong Kong, transported by train to China, then shipped again in the United States, and distributed nationwide with trucks? What if the required fuel has been extracted in Alaska or Siberia? You might indeed save yourself the representation of a slaughtered cattle, in the end.

There's a question to ask when it comes to responsibility. A responsibility when it comes to the chain of production, transportation, distribution, ethics—how well is treated the “worker” who mass-produces organic shirts in Bangladesh?—adn economy of scale. I distinctively remember Stella McCartney bragging about a vegan collection of shoes made with a material that “felt like leather”, yet was the combination of products from all over the world, shipped back to her workshop in New York. This is pure incoherence. A local farmer who ate meat once in a while yet grew his vegetables in his garden and sold it to the community has done a lot more for the animals than all these vegan “stars” who took a private jet three times a year to snowboard in French Alps.
>>
>>7498975
well you can do both if you want to

do you really think eating vegetables is worse than meat because the vegetables might be imported?
what about the emissions from transporting the animals?
>>
>>7498994
This isn't what I'm saying. I'd be glad to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables, provided I could grow everything in my garden. I'm merely pointing out how veganism is lacking perspective. Unless you're paying attention to it, as I do, there's a good chance you don't check where the products you eat come from. There's also a good chance that it has been grown 3,000 to 5,000 miles away, shipped and artificially kept “fresh” with various technologies that don't specifically require chemicals. However, there's little chance that meat is imported, and that's probably the unique advantage meat has nowadays. I'm on your side.
>>
File: vegan.jpg (46KB, 945x158px) Image search: [Google]
vegan.jpg
46KB, 945x158px
>>7498298
>>
File: thingken about cobalamin.jpg (44KB, 675x672px) Image search: [Google]
thingken about cobalamin.jpg
44KB, 675x672px
Considering vitamin B12 is required for blood synthesis where do you vegans get your B12?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.