[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myth: Pimozide and gender dysphoria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: pimozide.png (218KB, 470x246px) Image search: [Google]
pimozide.png
218KB, 470x246px
http://genderanalysis.net/2016/12/myth-pimozide-and-gender-dysphoria-gender-analysis/
>>
>>7493045
This should be made sticky.
>>
>>7493476
No, it shouldn't. I know you cancerous twats treat /lgbt/ as if it were /tttt/, but it really isn't.
>>
>>7493487
It will be soon >:3
>>
>>7493045
Most important thing is the study had an n=0, was Unreplicable and was published in a junk journal

Was basically cold fusion
>>
>>7493655
I'd say that the most important thing was part 5, where she pointed out that we *know* antipsychotics don't work for legit dysphoria:

> Contradicting the claims that pimozide could serve as an alternative to transitioning, trans people who were subjected to inappropriate treatment with antipsychotics continued to experience gender dysphoria and pursue transition.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>ONE schizophrenic guy with AGP was cured of his crossdressing tendencies with an antipsychotic drug
">OMG GUYS WE CURED TRANNYISM! YAY!"
Holy shit, Conservatards are this retarded.
>>
File: amused ape.jpg (1MB, 3528x2449px) Image search: [Google]
amused ape.jpg
1MB, 3528x2449px
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>literally n=1: the "study"
Seriously, you CAN'T make this up.
>>
>>7493819
Unlike trannytards.

>I put on eyeliner and split my pee-pee
>OMG I'M A QT GIRL NAO! YAY!
>>
>>7493834
lol what kind of freak splits their cock? im sure that's something the gays do.
us trannys just flip ours inside out, which is much cooler.
>>
Am I the only one who dislikes the overuse of the word transphobia?
>>
>>7493834
Keep going on about how you trust an anecdote with one person they could never replicate you sad dropout.

You know, clinical studies like those with blockers need thousands to prove its safe and works, and need to replicate results.

Youre basically believing in the Easter bunny.
>>
>>7493872
It is, just call them deluded idiots who think they're smarter than doctors despite being utter failures at life. Note they're all low class.

No, I'm sure being a bag boy didn't prepare you to be a wanabee doctor on YouTube.
>>
>>7493886
You are the one denying science lmao
>>
>>7493886
>shitting on the working class
It's people like you who make me wish the suicide rate among trans people were even higher.
>>
>>7496075
Science doesn't stop at sixth grade biology m8.

>>7496112
Nothing wrong with being working class, just don't act like you're all enlightened and know better than doctors in their own field unless you are at least familiar with the fundamentals of that field.
>>
>>7496223
Remember that time when someone's high-school biology told him that MtFs are as strong as men even after five years on hrt?
>>
>>7496112
I work to get what I have despite the obstacles. I'm not going to let someone with unfounded self importance rule over my life, certainly not when they don't have theirs in order.

Take your commie crap elsewhere and don't tread on mine.
>>
>>7493045
Studies are fucking bullshit made to promote the drugs!

Why the hell would they care about some stuck up pretentious study when they can get information from other directions?

Like an actual, bona fide schizophreniac! If they can have someone like that attest to the healing power of antipsychotics? If they can have someone like that explain what it's like to face-the-fuck-up to the need to self-med in a PROPER way, to actually seek to fix the way you deal with the world, with a normal drug? If someone has first hand experience establishing that life is fucking deranged and hard, and that anti-psychotics make it easier, while living as a woman is fucking going through life all the way down on training wheels!?
>>
>>7493646
YO HOLY SHIT A LION!
get into the car!
>>
File: IMAG0760_1.jpg (618KB, 3046x1843px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0760_1.jpg
618KB, 3046x1843px
>>7497552
I'm barely a year and a half into hrt (mtf) and I struggle with things like moving furniture and carrying boxes
Of course, I was never very strong but I could move an armchair if need be
Now it's like "aww fuck I need that chair over here"
>>
>>7502801
same here.
been on hrt since september 2015 and whenever i go home from grocery shopping, i need to put the bag down every 20 meters.
>>
>>7503264
what the fuck though, even without testosterone in my system which i'll get soon anyway, i can move 3 bags of grocery from the supermarket to my house without having to put them down and it's like 1km. it's not like estrogen makes you into a human boneless blob unless you also have shit health
>>
>>7493819
>doesn't even have followup on the patient
>probably went back to crossdressing after dropping from the huge dose of antipsychotics they were given

fucking kek, 1 study with a sample size of 1.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.