[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are /lgbt/ trolls the most helpful on the internet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (21KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 450x327px
After all the bait threads are super obvious and mainly aimed at MtFs. Who are arguably the easiest subgroup of the LGBT community to marginalise thanks to the general difficulty involved in passing. It is much harder to pass in general as MtF than FtM. There are plenty of naturally twinky boys, but there aren't really any super manly women. This is the same reason why there isn't a FtM equivalent to a Hon... Sexual identity is essentially a non event nowadays, so the weakest link in the chain are the Transgirls.

Let's assume that is the case, then really the trolls are gifting MtFs the opportunity to practice dealing with belligerent assholes. Let's face it, a good portion of the anxiety felt by transgirls is due to the fear of dealing with these sorts of pricks IRL.

What a great way to confront your fear and learn to support one another as a community. To defend the easiest targets in the community, which in turn instills a sense of belonging and self confidence.

This is why I name the trolls of /lgbt/ the friendliest trolls on the internet. They help their community in ways that no other troll could ever hope to, regardless of their intentions.
>>
>>7473873
Well, this board's trolls have triggered the special snowflakes enough that they left, so we can thank them for that too.
>>
>>7473873
KYS hon, you shouldn't socially transition if you can't pass
>>
>>7473884

Another great example of what I am trying to convey. I'm not the best with language...

I do believe that the trolls here are different... It's easy to argue about ideology without losing your identity, but when gender or sexuality is attacked it is much harder to not take it completely personal... Especially considering that there are plenty of seemingly rational doubts that would be had by cishet with regards to the experiences of transfolk.

For instance, I have heard a lot of people suggest that being Trans merely a desire to be the opposite gender, which is not true at all. Dealing with trolls on /lgbt/ had helped me learn how to explain transgenderism to Normies without going full sperg or getting all special snowflake about it.
>>
>>7473916

I'm not Trans senpai... But thanks for the great example of a troll post.

This thread is really coming together nicely.
>>
>>7473939
No I'm serous, it's unethical and harming everyone if you socially transition without passing
>>
>>7473981

See this is what I am talking about, if I was Trans I would probably feel like my buttons were being pushed, and what could I do about it?

Being Trans isn't a political leaning, it's something that the individual has no choice in, making them an easy target. Just like anon is pointing out, you can easily attempt to derail anything positive in the MtF community by suggesting that someone is a Hon or that their skull is too large or one of the many other memes.

It's fascinating because at the end of the day they don't really seem to have much of a negative effect on the community, which is essentially the purpose of being a troll. When a new way of trolling is developed the community quickly reacts and seeks to shut it down usually by explaining things in a simple well thought out manner. What a great experience, you can't pay for that kind of therapy.

This is a safe space that facilitates emulated social aggression. I mean seriously... What an opportunity. I don't imagine many other forms of anxiety can be experienced and processed in such a positive way online.

This is truly fascinating to me, as I have been following the whole skull size autist stuff for a while now and have seen how the community has reacted and adapted to the meme. There was a lot of negativity to start with as a realisation seemed to settle in that passing was going to be hard for a lot of people. Then suddenly a change of perspective shifting back on the troll, being Trans themselves, essentially shit flinging and projecting their insecurities onto the sub culture in general. What a breakthrough. What a well crafted defence. I seriously don't see this sort of thing happening in public, where Normies are able to get physically and verbally aggressive, which is going to dominate a confrontation with someone who has anxiety.

/lgbt/ trolls are arming their targets with the skills to defend themselves in public, and allowing them to feel and process their anxiety.
>>
>>7473873
Probably, yeah. After my experiences here I've begun working to try to regain entry into uni and to become a licensed clinical gender therapist to continue helping people.
>>
OP is right
I can see the angle they're looking at this from

good explanations OP
>>
>>7473873
ur retarded. the trolls are the trannies themselves being self depricating and outleting their self hatred for being disgusting trannies and or hons. nobody who isnt a tranny actually gives a shit enough about them to troll them on the internet when they could be trolling more rewarding targets on pol, like mexicans, blacks, and every other race that isnt aryan white.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.