[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans lives under threat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
Serious question, is being Trans safe? I've seen stats from Huff Post and Buzfeed that claim being Trans is more dangerous then fighting at the Somme and (one of) my Uni's LGBT clubs never shuts up about how unsafe they all feel. This seems to be inconsistent with reality. Am I just out of touch or are they wrong?

Pic kinda unrelated I guess
>>
>>7472962
Only if you were unlucky to not live in a nice country.
>>
>>7472962
>I've seen stats from Huff Post and Buzfeed that claim being Trans is more dangerous then fighting at the Somme
That smells like severely skewered statistics.
>>
File: 1471419688980.png (76KB, 646x483px) Image search: [Google]
1471419688980.png
76KB, 646x483px
It elevates your risk of violence, but it's based on your demographic. I'm a middle class white trans girl. I got badly abused by family, but outside of that my general risk isn't much higher than the average white woman.

Take a poor black trans girl or a Muslim Arab trans girl though, for example, and suddenly the risk compounds really badly. But they add those numbers to "trans violence statistics" to make it seem like this is a problem affecting all trannies.
>>
>>7473011
I know, that's why I asked. I you add it all up Trans people have like a 30% chance of being killed by random violence, 20% chance of being killed by family, 40% chance of suicide and 20% chance of dying in an electroshock conversion camp. Trans people are like Orks, none have ever died of old age.
>>
depends where you live.

if it's in a 2nd or 3rd world shithole then maybe.

if not, you're at risk from incidental violence and attacks
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 189x267px
>>7472962
the biggest threat for Transgender people is themselves.
>>
>>7472962
not if you pass
but people in college lgbt groups don't pass
neither does readers of buzzfeed or huffington post
>>
>>7473045
>trans women have a 110% change of dying violently

Well shit.
>>
>>7472962
transwoman are among the highest risk for suicide
>>
File: 1376874767563.jpg (88KB, 571x600px) Image search: [Google]
1376874767563.jpg
88KB, 571x600px
>>7472962
>41% suicide rate compared to U.S. average of 0.3315%
well there's that plus higher physical and sexual violence rates on top of that.

personal experience:
>9 raped by stepbrother when caught crossdressing (he got away with it)
>14 beat up by brother when he found my stash
>15 beat up at football camp. (which I was forced to attend) Still have jaw clicks & I limp.
>19 stabbed outside of a gay nightclub
>>
>>7473543
only hons tbqh
>>
>>7474558
suicide ATTEMPT rate
>>
>>7474570
nothing of value would be lost
>>
>>7473214
This. May we all become an heros soon.
>>
>>7474558
Maybe you're just not very likable? I mean you could have fit right in at a gay club and you still managed to get yourself stabbed.
>>
>>7473024
this

but i would say that just being trans probably does put you at more risk of violence in general. how much more is what depends on race, location, age, resources etc.
>>
>>7474587
And it was in Sweden, in the 70s, when treatment options were still pretty garbage. Here's the study that produced this oft-parroted statistic:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/
>>
>>7472962
I am a white, trans man in Arizona. I am more afraid of gang members in the city getting in my face if I don't nod my head or make eye contact appropriately (which happened two months ago 25ft from my front door--some latino, tattooed fuck). Never felt unsafe for being trans. Just for being a young male, ironically.
>>
>>7472962
Being trans sucks, but the war-comparison meme is disingenuous.
>>
>>7472962
>how unsafe they all feel.
Keyword being 'feel'.
It's insane to me how these people can rant and rant about how unsafe they 'feel' with no evidence (barring maybe a few cherry picked cases and false flags) and expect to be taken seriously, while in the same breath condemning right wing nutjobs for the exact same spiel about how unsafe they 'feel' in regards to shit like refugees and immigrants. And, y'know, lgbt people.

Let's just everybody kick a bloody football around and shut up about our overthought fee fees for a minute, fuck.
>>
>>7472962
the lives of FTMS and afab femme non-binaries are hardly ever threatened.
But they have periods, so obviously our oppression is equal.
>>
>>7472962
Maybe they feel unsafe because they go to clubs and attract the attention of the wrong people by being retards and faggots. Maybe they are constantly trying to trap people
If you don't hang around bad people and just mind your own business then
Yes I am victim blaming.

>>7475866
Makes me think of that thing when Anita Sarkeesian went to Sweden and she made a journalist scared even though she had never been subjected to any kind of abuse.
>>
>>7475941
>Maybe they are constantly trying to trap people

Wanting to have a good time without telling random-ass people that I'm a tranny is not "trying to trap people", fuck off.
>>
>>7475950
It is. You're still biologicaly a man. Noone cares that you identify as a woman. Hormones and even FFS turn you into a feminised man, not a woman.

Femboys have the right idea when they take hormones to look feminine but identify as men. Because thats what they (and you) are.

You can delude yourself by believing to be a woman. BUT dont expect anyone else to play along. A lot of people would beat the shit out of you, not for being a faggot, but for trying to trick them into sleeping (or groping, kissing, anything really) with a man.

You dont have to even agree with me. IT DOESNT CHANGE A THING. People think like this and you WILL get yourself beat up one if you keep doing this shit.

Because unlike for women. its socialy acceptable for a man to punch another man ;) keep that in mind
>>
>>7472962
> I've seen stats from Huff Post and Buzfeed
>Huff Post
>Buzfeed
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7475961
You're an idiot. None of what you said changes the fact that it would be unreasonable for me to go around telling people that I'm a tranny, because then I really would have a problem. Despite what you may think, safety is important to me, and I'm not gonna compromise it for no reason.

Also, it's not my fucking problem if some guy (or girl) is attracted to me and starts kissing or groping me, how could I possibly control how other people feel?
>>
>>7475950
I'm thinking about people who still have penises.

But even if you are cis, random sex attracts random attention and some of that attention is bad. If you go to the ghetto you can expect things to happen, if you go to clubs you can expect things to happen. If you go to magic tournaments or knitting clubs you don't expect anything to happen because those are safe activities. Any environment that involves drugs or alcohol or criminality is dangerous and if you're in those places then it's normal to feel unsafe.
>>
>>7475979
>You're an idiot. None of what you said changes the fact that it would be unreasonable for me to go around telling people that I'm a tranny

Then dont go to clubs and pull that shit if you dont want to get your man ass beat.

>Also, it's not my fucking problem if some guy (or girl) is attracted to me and starts kissing or groping me, how could I possibly control how other people feel?

Well if someone starts groping you in the club you can just turn around and say in your deepest voice:

"WOAH WOAH WOAH, BRO! What the fuck dude!! No homo man! Fuck off!"

And just walk away. Feel the aura of the rollercoaster of his conflicted and confused emotions.
>>
>>7472962
I live in a non retarded country and I have never been threatened.
>>
>>7474558
Holy guacamole anon, I'm sorry all that shit happened to you. Your family are a pack of inhuman cunts desu.
>>
>>7472962
Murder rate compared with the general population murder rate is higher. I believe it's still a higher rate to be a black male than it is to be trans.

The trans risk for sexually transmitted diseases is astronomically higher but not something out of your control.

Prison and security treatment of trans women is still bad especially for black trans women. You should be fine if you're white since you have more rights.
>>
In Poland
>Never attacked psychically
>Never attacked verbally
>Men are righter nice to me even if they know I'm a trans
>Never head about single murder case on a trans person (It could happen though...)

But I pass so my experience might be unique. I think the reason people are chill about it here is that we never had equivalent to jerry springer show or other freak shows. Some TV stations with western influences tried that but it never took off.

Being gay on the other hand can get you killed here.
>>
>>7475988
Wow not her but you are retarded. I personally can't even do man voice anymore.
>>
File: oh hon.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
oh hon.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>7476067
>I personally can't even do man voice anymore.

Yes because your vocal cords transformed to female trough the use of ancient hon magic.

But no seriously fuck off. Youve done "voice training" and learned how to talk like a high pitched bitch. You deny it but ofc you can still use your normal voice because your biology dictates so. But keep deluding yourself hon.
>>
I thought Germany was safe, but it isn't.
>>
>>7476129
For me it is
>>
I'm afraid of the white man. With the current rise of populists/right wingers/alt rights and so on, we're gonna be their main target for them once they're done with the muslims.

They will encourage us to suicide and the violence against any LGBT members will increase a lot. The influence that /pol/ or r/the_donald on young people have is tremendously and the next generation will only be more extreme and violent.

I think that there will be a second nazi era in the future which is specifically against LGBT and other 'degenerates'.
>>
>be tranny in a dumb buffer country
>get literally spat on by a pack of arabs
>cant do anything because not even pepperspray is allowed here and i'm too frail to take on a whole family of cowards

I love it :~)
>>
>>7472962
>Serious question, is being Trans safe? I've seen stats from Huff Post and Buzzfeed that claim being Trans is more dangerous then fighting at the Somme
>I've seen stats from Huff Post and Buzzfeed that claim being Trans is more dangerous then fighting at the Somme
>I've seen stats from Huff Post and Buzzfeed
>Huff Post and Buzzfeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg
>>
File: 3IZEUDBz.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3IZEUDBz.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>7475988
>Then dont go to clubs and pull that shit if you dont want to get your man ass beat.

I get way too much free shit and validation from doing that to stop now, I'm addicted. I'm not in it for the dick my friend, I'm in it for the drinks, drugs, and dollars. And even if I do get my ass beat one day, I'll probably get money in court because I'm a pretty white girl and it's a hate crime.

>"no homo" defense

The other anon is kinda right about this. If I stop trying, my voice just turns faggy, it would be impossible for me to actually have a deep voice like a cis dude. Also considering my overall appearance, body type, and the way I dress, I wouldn't be able to convince them I'm not a chick with a dick. But most people don't grope there because they're not totally insane, the only time I've been groped nonconsensually it was my ass.
>>
>>7476080
Not those other two anons but I cant talk in a man voice either. I once tried to do a deep man voice but I failed miserably and sounded fake af and got laughed at and told nice try anon you are not amab.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.