[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness in a new place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hi /lgbt/.
Haven't really lurked this board too much, but I've been on 4chan since before it was a board itself, so forgive my ignorance if this board has a culture or unofficial rules.

I recently moved to Scottsdale AZ, and I'm having a hard time finding friends. Since this is a red state, I'd like to have more lgbt friends. I'm also looking to date, but I need to go out and experience the city more.

I have grindr, okc, a4a, and a bunch of other local apps to try to meet people, but I've only met one or two off of those, so I was wondering if anyone on this board is in the area or has any advice to give to somebody like me?

A bit about me: I'm 23, male, full time working and making pretty good money, have my own 2 bedroom luxury apartment. Love cooking, drinking, anime, video games, metal music, RPDR, and have 2 cats. I'm also pretty good looking, I just don't want to post a pic of myself because it might seem like a "rate me" thread.

Anyway, just thought I'd give this a shot.

TLDR: New to Phoenix, looking for LGBT friends and/or dates.
>>
I'd hang out with you but I'm nowhere near there. Good luck senpai.
>>
>>7441362
I sometimes spend winter down there at my parents condo. I'd def suggest not using hookup apps. Get yourself involved in a local community/group make friends the good old fashioned way and have at it. Chances are you'll find someone just like you who's looking for a connection.
>>
>>7441729
I've been trying to check out groups on Meetup but nothing really interesting is on there. :/
>>
>>7441362
Have you thought about taking some classes at Arizona State University? There's bound to be gay and bi and trans folk there! Also very hot girls.
>>
>>7442226
I work until 6 daily other than Thurs/Fri, so that's not really an option for me. I have considered it. Online classes would fit into my schedule but not that. :[
>>
>>7442194
Try looking into niche communities that fit your interests. You're still young, so there will be plenty of options. Go to metal shows and be gregarious with strangers. You'll have to be more proactive so if you get anyone's number you'll have to be the more aggressive in inviting people out to shit. You'll have to penetrate someone else's friend group. They'll need to be your "in". Hate to say it but you'll need to put a lot of effort into socializing and getting your personality seen. That's how you make new friends. Can't feel lazy and not hit someone up for a week. Gotta git yourself out there. Go to smaller shows at smaller places. That's an easy way to make buds. Use dating apps to date, use your hobbies and interests to make friends.
>>
>>7441362
Good luck bump
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.