[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/acegen/ - Awkward Holiday Questions Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13

>What is asexuality?
Lack of sexual attraction.

>Am I asexual?
Do you experience a lack of sexual attraction as described here http://imgur.com/pdIxHYc ? Congratulations, you're in the club.

>Where can I find my qt3.14 ace bf/gf?
We have a map: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1764048
Because the term of "asexuality" is still quite new and there's a very pretty small population (~1%), there aren't that many sites for only asexuals.

>Do you guys masturbate?
Some do, some don't.

>Is this a brain dysfunction?
As much as homosexuality and bisexuality are. It has been officially accepted by the DSM-5 and is no longer seen as Hypoactive sexual desire disorder.

>I want to learn more/still don't get it
Another FAQ: http://asexualawarenessweek.com/101.html
AVEN (Asexuality Visibility & Education Network): asexuality.org
Science stuff for the nerds: http://www.asexualexplorations.net/home/extantresearch.html
Everything in podcast form: http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/how-asexuality-works.htm
>>
QUESTIONS OF THE THREAD:
>Will there be any family members asking you questions about your love life during the holidays
>Do you plan on coming out?
>What are some tips and suggestions for people who may come out?
>>
>>7433495
shieeeeeeeeet, this quote from a study sounds really close to my experience

>"I don’t put myself into my fantasies," one asexual woman in the study explained to the researchers. "That is thoroughly unappealing to me. Instead, I imagine other people in sexual situations, and focus on their thoughts and feelings for a sort of vicarious arousal. I don’t want to do anything sexual with any of the people I imagine, and by themselves, they don’t turn me on."
>>
>>7433495
Honest question for asexuals...

Do you have "weak" sexual characteristics? For example... small testicles or penis? smaller breasts? flat nipples? for women... less female shape? for guys... less masculine shape?

What I'm asking is whether physical characteristic manifest themselves with asexual people?
>>
>>7434588
I'm male. I have a normal penis (actually got a compliment on it once, about being veiny), normal testicles, normal body in general. Not overly masculine, not feminine, just average.

As far as I can tell, no physical characteristics seem to exist.

>>7433503
Hopefully no family members ask anything because I'm just with my immediate family and my parents both know. My brothers don't know, but they don't need to. I don't know their sexualities.

Suggestions to people thinking about it: if it's relevant to some situation, go ahead. Otherwise, don't. There's no point. Though it may be worthwhile to come out to your friends due to the possibility to network and find other asexuals.
>>
>>7434745
Thanks.

Any females care to answer this? >>7434588
>>
File: wait_what.gif (495KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
wait_what.gif
495KB, 500x358px
>>7434588
>Are you ace because you are physically repulsive and unfuckable?

No
>>
>>7434588
I have HH cup boobs and am not overweight, I'm not unattractive. Just not attracted to other people.
>>
>>7434588
Why do you believe there to be physical characteristics?
>>
>>7434588
You made me google "flat nipples", I didn't knew that was a thing. Also, inverted nipples exist. What.
>>
>>7437888
Yep, they exist. They're terrible for mother's hoping to breastfeed, and sometimes it's bad enough that the only fix is surgery.
>>
>>7436811
>Why do you believe there to be physical characteristics?

Hey, it was an honest question. I wasn't sure whether or not asexuality manifested physical characteristics as I mentioned.

The question comes from being with my wife, who lacks a lot of feminine knowing someone who claims to be asexual. She has less feminine features and was wondering if there was a connection.
>>
>>7438292
Wasn't trying to be accusative, I was just curious.

Yeah, there's no known connection. Just like there isn't much of a connection between homosexuality, bisexuality, or heterosexuality and physical traits (minus the perhaps dubious at best finger length ratio thing), save for obvious stereotypes that quite possibly arise from people following the identity, not the other way around.
>>
>>7434588
I have average/large breasts and extremely wide hips compared to my waist, so no. I would like a more androgynous body, but that's got nothing to do with being asexual.
>>
File: 1466306523660.jpg (615KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466306523660.jpg
615KB, 1280x1600px
>>7433495
Nice thread! I have some suggestions & corrections for the OP!

>>What is asexuality?
A made-up term by snowflacks.

>Am I asexual?
No. "Asexuality" is a made-up term that is not real, not proven by science, not plausible by scientific standards, and has no basis in reality.

>>Where can I find my qt3.14 ace bf/gf?
Having a girlfriend or boyfriend proves you are a sexual being. If you had no sexual attraction, then "friend" would suffice. To call someone your girlfriend or boyfriend mandates specifically sexual attraction.

>>Do you guys masturbate?
Once again proving that asexuality does not exist.

>>Is this a brain dysfunction?
Yes, it is a brain dysfunction of people whose parents didn't love them so they employ attention-seeking tactics like making up a unique classification for their sexuality so they can seem special.

>>I want to learn more/still don't get it
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods
>>
So, is the ñero-de-mierda in the map still around? Wanna talk or something?
>>
>>7439462
>all the blue light in that picture
The inner astronomer in my just wants to say... dear god that is atrocious. RIP night sky viewing in that area. So much light pollution, holy fucking shit why

Oh, also:
>>Do you guys masturbate?
>Once again proving that asexuality does not exist.
By this logic, if a bisexual person doesn't masturbate, do bisexual people not exist? Same for heterosexual and homosexual people as well.
>>
>>7440249
>RIP night sky viewing in that area. So much light pollution, holy fucking shit why
because fuck stars that's why.

Also, don't talk to that person.
>>
>>7440261
B-but stars are amazing
Do you lack the ability to feel awe and amazement?
>>
>>7440282
I meant that that statement was probably their thinking. A lot of people don't really care about stars enough to lessen light pollution.
>>
>>7440295
But the ability to view the night sky and the Milky Way, the galaxy to which we belong, is a human birthright ;-;
>>
>>7440299
Again, a lot of people don't care. You care, but people who make this shit don't.
>>
Shouldn't a topicless hangout discussion thread be on /r9k/ or something?
>>
>>7440313
They should probably be hanged tbqh

>>7440320
>implying we're topicless
clearly you didn't read the OP before shitposting
>>
>>7440321
I did read the op, and I'm not shitposting

This is a thread for asexual people to talk to each other, but there is no actual topic, it's just a place for a certain group of people to hang out
>>
File: WaQuATY.gif (478KB, 283x200px) Image search: [Google]
WaQuATY.gif
478KB, 283x200px
>>7440331
Wait, what do you think the question of thread thing is about, then?
>>
>>7440342
>Will there be any family members asking you questions about your love life during the holidays

This is an /r9k/ topic

Why would you come out for not being something? If someone asks you on the spot if you're gay or straight, you can just say I'm not really interested in anyone. That's it.
>>
>>7440372
I feel like I'm lying. I know it's not really a lie, it's just not telling the true, but I feel guilty anyway.
>>
>>7440372
>If someone asks you on the spot if you're gay or straight, you can just say I'm not really interested in anyone. That's it.

Many people suggest this but it doesn't really work out for various situations. Some times it's relatives pushing dates and such. Others have prying questions that are asked to them. It's also bad that some people can't really be that blunt and strong when it comes to standing your ground so a suggestion like that would still end with someone coming out as asexual unfortunately.

Also, someone could come out for being ace due to such prying questions and hope that it would be silenced or lessened. It could also just be for the fact that they want to open themselves to others about something that they have discovered about them.

I guess you could probably equate this to being colorblind or not being able to smell and the person has been pretending the entire time to be abled.
>>
>>7440530
Except that's retarded because you can just say you're colorblind and people will get it, and if they don't believe you then who gives a fuck

Being gay or lesbian has a direct impact in your life in a huge number of ways. You won't be denied housing for not having an interest in sex. You won't be denied a job for not being interested in sex. You won't be killed or thrown from a building for not being interested in sex. The complaints asexuals have about being asexual (ugh, my aunt just wont stop trying to set me up with someone, doesn't she GET it) are incredibly petty and minor
>>
>>7440541
Have we ever really claimed that our issues are as great as those of gays and lesbians? No, we have not. We, in this general, have noted multiple times that our issues are lesser. Just because they are lesser does not mean that they do not exist. We have every right to talk about them, to work to rid ourselves of our problems.
>>
>>7440541
Why are you treating this like a competition?
Also, did we just bingo?
>>
>>7440541
Before I go into this, I just want to say that the large majority of asexuals believe that there is barely any systemic oppression for being ace except for consumation laws and countries where you are killed for not having sex.

Forgive me for the cutting up of your post but it will make it easier for me to answer your questions and statements better.

>if they don't believe you then who gives a fuck
I think you should understand that belief is a very important thing. If one does not believe an lgbt individual, that can cause them to suffer to the point of death as you well know and have stated in your post.

Lack of belief causes assault, misdiagnoses, rape, murder, and other things I don't even want to wish on my enemies

There have been many instances where a person who do not believe an ace individual has resulted in rape, assault, harassment, and corrective therapy. People have been removed from jobs and churches due to their asexuality not matching up with the communities beliefs. Unfortunately, due to the term and community of asexuality still growing, there still isn't actual new reports and will often be filed under another category so I can't get hard evidence so I apologize and can only give you first hand accounts.
>>
>>7440617
Except this is a board for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender discussion.

I'm not saying your issues are not real, I'm saying they do not belong here. /r9k/ is the perfect board to vent frustration about being ostracized about lack of interest in sex or relationships, or family harassment.
>>
>>7440624
Most of the time, non ace lgbt people will often treat our complaints as somehow equaling us talking about "oppression" for some reason. We know we're not being oppressed. At most, it's prejudice.

>>7440630
But asexual people do have an interest for being in relationships and this thread isn't about just venting frustrations. That's like saying the ftm and mtf threads are only about talking about dysphoric feelings when it's about a variety of things.
>>
>>7440649
Transgender people have the benefit of being transgender, which falls into what /lgbt/ is about. Even if a lot of time the discussion veers off topic, it's still the designated place to talk about transgender topics

Lack of interest in sex doesn't make you a gay, lesbian, bisexual ,or transgender person. This general belongs on r9k, or b, or anywhere else

>and this thread isn't about just venting frustration
Right, it's just a place for people who are loosely connected by one character trait to talk to each other and shoot the shit about whatever. It's off topic to the board
>>
>>7440630
>>7440649 here again. Sorry about the double posting but what would you say about lgbt aces? Would they stay here or...? Because if you say "they go into the resigning thread" that sure ain't gonna happen. Try saying you're ace and bi and suddenly everyone starts using green text.
>>
>>7440664
Asexuality and bisexuality contradict each other. If you think otherwise, explain yourself, I would sincerely like to understand
>>
>>7440669
Oh sorry, it kind of goes into the split attraction theory that many ace people use to explain their attraction since they can't really base it on sexual attraction.

It's split between romantic and sexual attraction. Romance attraction usually meaning "desire to have a romantic relationship" and sexual attraction as "desire to have sexual contact".

If one needed to further explain themselves about their attraction towards certain genders you could say something like:
"I'm a biromantic asexual"
"I'm a heteroromantic asexual"
"Hey, I'm a homoromantic asexual"

I know it sounds like "tumblr speak" but it was kind of needed because people would often go "Yeah, I'm gay but like... not really? But I am? But I don't want to have sex?". It helps when talking to possible partners and dealing with other situations that involve a lot of communication about yourself.
>>
>>7440684
Wanting close, intimate, nonsexual relationships with men and women does not make you bi.
>>
>>7440688
Not that anon but gosh, bi is short a way of saying both. Bi-romantic ace would mean you are okay with having a romantic relationship with either gender.
>>
>>7440630
Anon, why do you care so much about this general? Think about this as a containment thread if you want, this way we avoid having like five threads at the same time with the same questions like before
>>
>>7440696
Oh wait, did they think I meant "bisexual" when I said "bi"? I actually meant "biromantic" but just used "bi"

Shit, I should have added that. I misread their post.

>>7440701
Oh yes, dear god, sometimes there's still a "am i ace" thread now and then but I bet it was terrible before the general popped up.
>>
>>7440696
What is even the fucking point of that label

Obviously if you lack sexual attraction, you're only compatible with other people who also lack sexual attraction, regardless of relationship preference. All you have to do is say "i'm asexual" and everyone will fucking understand, there is no issue there

>>7440701
Because it doesn't belong on this board. There's no point to having certain topics limited to certain boards if you can just post anything wherever you want

Make this thread on r9k, make a asexual discord, do whatever, just dont post blatantly off topic threads on this board for no reason.
>>
>>7440708
>Obviously if you lack sexual attraction, you're only compatible with other people who also lack sexual attraction, regardless of relationship preference. All you have to do is say "i'm asexual" and everyone will fucking understand, there is no issue there

Oh honey, no. No no no. That's not how it works at all.

Ace and non ace relationships exist. And plus, there's still the fact that if you're gay and ace, you won't compatible with someone of the opposite sex. That'd be close to a closeted gay person marrying someone of the opposite sex.
>>
>>7440721
I know they exist, just like straight people are in relationships with gay people or people have cuck relationships and all sorts of things. Obviously an ace and non ace relatoinship is incredibly unfair to the non ace person and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

That said, that still doesn't make this thread in any way related to gay, bisexual, lesbian, or transgender discussion. This thread is for people who lack sexual attraction, not for people who have attraction to the opposite sex or identify as the opposite sex. It doesn't belong on this board, you could make this thread on any other board and it would be just as off topic.
>>
>>7440732
If you really want to yell at topics, go yell at the Web Comic General for not posting on /co/
>>
>>7440732
>Obviously an ace and non ace relatoinship is incredibly unfair to the non ace person and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

It's not unfair if you communicate like a decent human being and understand the needs of others. Some aces are okay with having sex and that can be okay for some people. And some non aces are okay with not having sex.
>>
>>7440745
>And some non aces are okay with not having sex.

>some people are ok with not eating and breathing too
>>
>>7440749
Wait, do you seriously think that everyone actually needs sex? You do realize that there's religious folk and spinsters and other groups that don't have sex right?

You won't die if you don't have sex, mate. Why do you think nofap causes people to activate their mutant dna and develop superpowers?
>>
>>7440757
The medical and scientific communities have proved with overwhelming evidence that lack of sex for those with sex drives increases health risks, depression risk, and suicide and is the driving force behind many deaths and assaults

Lots of people choose to not have sex but to assume that for all of those people it has no effect on their health and mental state is retarded. A lot of religious people are drawn to that lifestyle BECAUSE they're asexual

Obviously love can lead to someone sacrificing something they need (sex in this case), but that doesn't make it the healthy or optimal choice.

Get this shit off the board already
>>
>>7440773
Could you share those investigations, please? I'm very interested
>>
>>7433503
There always are, luckily its very easy to downplay with "Nope, not yet! Its hard to find one when working so much" and it completely shifts the topic to work related things
Never. Even if/when I get into a relationship, I'd rather have my family just assume its normal instead of opening the box on explaining asex.
>>
>>7440773
Sorry but can I get some sources on the idea that lack of sex can possible kill?

>>7440807
Same, mate.
>>
>>7433503
I don't mind their questions. I think sometimes people don't really know what to talk about with me because I'm kinda reserved so they go to that sort of general topics. It's fine, I normally just brush it of by saying it's not one of my priorities right now.

I have a problem with coming out, I feel the word "asexual" sounds intimidating for people that have never heard it, way to much like an illness or something. I explain the concept without getting into too much detail, never use the word, and most of the time they seem to get it.
>>
>>7443729
Do your parents/friends/relatives think you're a heavily closeted gay, late bloomer, too focused on studying?
I swear my mom thinks that I have multiple opposite sex partners, had my heart broken or somehow else hid from her that I fuck around, when in fact I'm a (kissed) virgin and couldn't be happier with that.
>>
>>7443767
A lot of people often jump to that since they don't really know asexuality could be a possible scenario.
>>
>>7443767
>heavily closeted gay
I don't think so.
>late bloomer
Probably, yeah.
>too focused on studying
Not at all, I dropped out of high school almost four years ago.

My mother once asked me if I had been raped. A couple of friends asked me that too. I'm not even sex repulsed, why do they immediately go there? Have you ever been asked that?
>>
>>7445938
>Have you ever been asked that?
No, but I always just shut down any talk about relationships. To friends I give bullshit relationship advice with a disclaimer that it's bullshit. Relatives get the old news that there is nothing noteworthy in my private life.
I got no energy to explain my snowflakeness to everyone.
I told two best friends, the girl said she knew a guy who also claimed he was ace, the guy said 'oh ok, what's that? thanks for the link, I'll read it later' and since then it is rarely ever brought up.
My mom worries though and is suspicious of all my male friends (I'm a girl).
My family all but planned a wedding for me and the aforementioned male best friend because we were near inseparable for a couple of years.
>>
Does anyone else get worried about the possibility of being alone?

I'm sex repulsed and I know that's a deal breaker for many people in my area of attraction and it worries me.
>>
>>7446358

https://www.quora.com/Are-intelligent-people-more-likely-to-be-alone

http://www.learning-mind.com/why-smart-people-are-better-off-alone/
>>
>>7446377
>being that guy
Do you go on AVEN or something?
>>
>>7446358
Of course we worry about being alone forever. I just surround myself with friends as best I can and try not to get too attached to some of them

>>7446495
Shh, let the trolls be trolls.
>>
>>7447976
I've been in this gen for quite awhile and I don't think that's a troll. It's maybe drifting into Poe's Law but I've seen some people talk like that before.
>>
>>7448567
I've been here for a couple years, so quite a while as well. I'm not certain they're a troll, but they seem troll-like
>>
>>7447976
>and try not to get too attached
This. This so much.
>>
>>7447976
>tfw all your friends are getting in relationships or getting married and you can't hang out with them anymore without feeling like an awkward loser/third wheel.
They reassure me by saying I'll find someone too but I don't think they realise how difficult that is when you're fundamentally incompatible with like 99% of the population.
>>
>>7440617
>We have every right to talk about them, to work to rid ourselves of our problems.

Holy shit you are whiny little pussies. Just tell your nosey aunt to go fuck herself. She's probably "asexual" too kek.
>>
>>7440664
What about gay clowns? Lesbian nihilists? Bisexual artists? Trans female extroverts?

There are lgbt in every "niche" doesn't mean it needs a thread and needs to be in the lgbt
>>
Holy crap, when did you guys get a new OP! This is so concise, I love it. I guess these are the sort of things that happen when I'm not active for a couple months.
>>
>>7440741
They're posting about lgbt comics and they're interesting

Your biggest crime is that your threads are consistently a boring navel gazing tumblr shitfest
>>
>>7451615
This is like the second thread with it so it's new.
>>
>>7451620
Oh, gotcha. Have people been pretty good at keeping up the threads? I picked up the torch for a while, but me and another anon were pretty reluctant at being the regular OP. I worry that they left like I did.
>>
>>7451624
Am the other anon. Don't worry.
People and the trolls. The trolls help a lot. It's funny how they work against their own cause. I'm almost convinced that actually they're members of this general, but that just a hypothesis. Who knows. Maybe not. Doesn't make much sense either way.
>>
File: BTPP3W9.gif (473KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
BTPP3W9.gif
473KB, 400x270px
>>7451615
yay someone likes it
>>
>>7451703
Multiple people like it
>>
>>7440541
I would rather be anything other than asexual. Literally who cares about "muhhhh opressshun" if you can do whatever the fuck you want with your love in your privacy.

As an asexual you lack the fucking ability to connect with others on the deepest level.
>>
Hugging and cuddling. What's everyone's stance.

I'm personally very hands off since I had to erase that from my system as I grew up.
>>
>>7434588
i have a$$ but not tits(white girls get one or the other) I am not overweight or underweight, which by US standards makes me fit :)
>>
>>7455683
I'm okay with everything up to kissing, but thats the cutoff. Nothing beyond lip kisses.
>>
Tell us your ace stories now (with greentext ofc)
>>
>>7456110
I have a bunch unfortunately. Give me a topic/genre and I'll be able to talk about my cringefest of a life
>>
>>7456125
Spooky
>>
I'm interested too
>>
>>7456144
Let me tell you about the time where I got felt up by a horny dude in high school
>be me in senior year
>17
>clueless, kissless virgin
>sit next to dude in a class
>he made me laugh with his jokes
>one day we pass notes as he asks if I'm single
>asks if I've had a boyfriend before
>asks if I've kissed anyone before
>reply to all of these because I thought it was okay. We were learning about eachother and I had no problem talking about my desert of a love life
>I felt comfortable around him
>asks how I feel about fingering
>body goes cold. brain is confused and angry.
>reply with a "hell no"
>he backpedals and asks if we could be a thing
>still felt comfortable around him and thought he was fun to hang around
>said yes. He seemed to understand my limits and didn't push.
>After school, he tells me to follow him
>I'm confused but still follow
>Head to the stairwells
>they're empty since barely anyone is in the building
>he asks again if I've ever been kissed
>I laugh and say I haven't done that with a dude since I was eight so it didn't really count
>he forcibly kisses me
>I'm confused
>Is this what kissing is like? I see it all the time in the movies and I think it happens like this. I think I can deal with this?
>he moves his hands onto my ass
>fully stunned
>Okay, he can touch my butt this time...
>He puts a hand on my crotch and tries to
>I can't even react and just look down at his hand in shock. I feel no pleasure. I feel fear and disgust sweeping it's way into my stomach. It feels like a parasite is crawling on my skin.
>Is this what people do? Is this how people get off?
>>
>>7456312

>He says he won't hurt me
>He says I'm nervous
>I'm fucking stuttering now since I'm so flustered and confused
>Manage to say that of course I am because of this situation
>I try to leave
>He grabs my arm and asks if I've seen "one"
>One?
>He moves my hand onto his pants and makes me feel his dick through the fabric
>I pull my hand away but he still has a grip on my arm
>I feel like I'm in a nightmare. I want this to end.
>I sputter out a yes while I look away. If I close my eyes, I'll feel better. I can think better.
>He get surprised and asks whose
>I spit out a "HAVEN'T YOU SEEN PORN?"
>"What? You've seen porn?"
>I'm probably visibly shaking at that point. I don't know if it's fear or energy from forcing myself to speak
>He lets go of my arm and says we should go now
>says I shouldn't talk about our relationship to other classmates
>I was edging on a 5/10 back then and that would break his cred
>we head to a classroom where a sports meeting is happening
>tells me to wait out in the hallway
>I wait for about 10 minutes and leave
>break up with him the next day

If it wasn't for my family teaching me right, I would have thought it was okay and stayed with him. It's very frightening how people never really taught us about consent and what a healthy relationship was. I actually believed for a moment that this is what a normal relationship because I had nothing to base it on.
>>
>>7455683
>>7455701
Hugging and cuddling=yesohmygodyes
Kissing, I've no clue.

>>7455695
This is 4chan, you don't need to censor.
Also
>not using the smile with the caret nose

>>7456110
>at party (got invited, free entry for me because my friend was the host, figured why not), went with friends
>somehow end up cuddling with one friend on the couch
>friend was drunk and high
>had come out to friend earlier that night for reasons quite relevant at the time, can't remember what they were though
>we end up just cuddling and talking for about an hour, I think primarily about like relationships and such
>at points she randomly just stuck her hands down the back of my shirt for some reason and started feeling all over my back
I think it was because she was high but I can't help but think she thought that I would be okay with that because I somehow might not perceive it as her feeling me up or something

I'm not certain that isn't what she was doing

I ended up sleeping over at her place a couple times later, the back feeling thing happened the first of those two times as well. She was high both times though.

I honestly don't know what to think about what happened
>>
>>7456312
>>7456318
He's probably raped someone by now.
People like this exist in the world and that's sad.
>>
>>7456386
he had a rape charge iirc
didn't know about it until after that happened
>>
>>7456397
And yet, by the ideas some people have around here, he has a better understanding of human emotion and morality than you do.
>>
>>7456466
Nah, people usually aren't including criminals when they talk about the best or general characteristics of a group
>>
>>7456478
Yeah I guess that's true. I feel it's still relevant though because they act like they have the moral high ground or that they're perfect and we're broken, as if the opposite end is a perfect representation of humanity in any way.

Although come to think of it, it is. We're a fucked up people. We do little but ultimately cause pain.
>>
>>7456494
>they act like they have the moral high ground or that they're perfect and we're broken, as if the opposite end is a perfect representation of humanity in any way.
unfortunately, that happens everywhere. It even happens in the ace community when people try to say something about them being pure and evolved and have been freed from the restraints of sexual need.

It's quite silly imo.

Also, yeah, we're not normal but we don't really cause pain if there's communication between partners and proper consent.
>>
>>7456513
Hahahahaha fuck the aces that think like that. I'm almost certain at least half of them are the "I'm ace but I still feel sexual attraction" type. Knowing the communities such people are typically in this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Honestly the ideas people have on this matter are more likely to cause pain than we ourselves are.
>>
>>7456528
oh fuck yeah, there's been a bunch of people that have been raped, sexually assaulted, removed from religious buildings, and committed suicide because of all the drama about this shit.
>>
>>7456534
imho the suicides from this shit are good. I don't mean to come off sociopathic but that is natural selection at work.
>>
>>7456544
Ehhhhh not really sociopathic but more of stupid vibe. I'm not really sure where people killing themselves over other people telling them to kill themselves would develop the race in anyway. Plus sometimes it's just the idea that people think they're broken and should not exist.

All we would end up with is a bunch of people telling each other to kill themselves. Plus we're asexual so there's a lower chance of us having kids anyway. A lot of us want to adopt, iirc from a previous thread question.

So then you would have people telling each other to kill themselves and them not killing themselves and then more orphans that don't get adopted. Sounds pretty shit. Don't really see a good development.
>>
>>7456601
>being this autistic

wew lad
>>
>>7456618
Mate, if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm not saying my theories are facts. I'm fucking wrong all the time due to my shit memory.
>>
>>7456621

are you stoned or drunk?
because it seems like you are.
>>
>>7456662
I'm neither. Anyway, please correct me. I don't care if my feefees get hurt. I'd rather know better for later.
>>
>>7456669
I agree with you. And don't worry, that anon probably just got mad because he was trying to be all edgy feeling "sociopathic" and you went on and called him stupid
>>
File: s8p32R4gO1qafrh6_500.jpg (93KB, 499x283px) Image search: [Google]
s8p32R4gO1qafrh6_500.jpg
93KB, 499x283px
>>7456779
I'm not worried at all. I just genuinely wanted to know if I was wrong. Life's about learning, mang.
>>
>>7456669

Not that guy but he was obviously making a joke about people killing themselves would remove the aberration from the population but not thinking it through, the way you did, to where asexuals don't reproduce yet they still exist so it isn't some gene or something that causes it, or asexuals would have died out long ago. When you pointed that out, he called you autistic which is the easy insult to make to anyone who actually thinks.
>>
>>7456318
Okay, so, now it's me the one who's trying not to come off as sociophatic but I'm having problems understanding consent. How do you know he wasn't just taking the "first step" that guys are always pressured to take? It's kind of a grey area because you didn't say "yes" but also didn't say "no". You say you were confortable around each other, maybe he trusted you would be honest and tell him if you wanted to go on or to stop? I don't know, I don't get this at all...
>>
>>7456806
Oh shit, thanks. I couldn't tell that was a joke because I've seen people say that stuff seriously. Also, I think there's been research on that idea of the evolutionary success due to non reproducing pairs or something but it's mostly theories at this point
>>
>>7456819
You're not coming off as a sociopath.

I don't actually know if he was pressured to take the first step but it doesn't really matter to me. What mattered to me is the fact that no one told me that I could say "no" and what a healthy relationship was. No one told me that all of those things were possible red flags.

Also, I'm not sure if "first step" means "force a kiss on them, grab them by the pussy, do not let them leave, and then proceed to forcibly place their hand on your junk." That's some fucking cosmopolitan-tier dating tips.
>>
File: KillStronger-Nietzsche.jpg (201KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
KillStronger-Nietzsche.jpg
201KB, 600x540px
>>7456852

the tragedy of life is that we have to figure things out on our own. it would be nice if there were someone who would give us all the answers before life tests us but the reality is that parents and teachers can only do so much and very often they haven't learned the lessons yet themselves, and so they can't warn you.

bad things happen to good people all the time.

the best we can do is to move forward and don't let the past define us.

a guy groped you.
it shouldn't have happened but it did.

you had to learn the hard way, but at least you learned some red flags.

focus on the good news which is that you were able to stop it from progressing and you weren't physically damaged.
>>
>>7456852
Yeah, you're right... but, I mean, I get how completely inappropriate it is for someone to just do that, but I think it depends on the context, in this case it wasn't out of nowhere, he thought you were interested in him... he took you to a private place, kissed you, touched your ass, and you didn't pushed him off or anything so he just kept going... I'm not trying to invalidate your experience, really, I'm sorry that that happened to you, but I also don't see him as a predator, maybe he was just a horny teenager that didn't know you were ace...
>>
File: 1422173226815.png (181KB, 512x548px) Image search: [Google]
1422173226815.png
181KB, 512x548px
>>7456921
Nigga, you're really late with that talk. I've gotten over it and I don't really care about it anymore. I maybe stopped caring after the two months afterward. I just wrote it like that so everyone would understand how I was feeling during that moment. They wanted it to be "spooky" so I gave them the deets.

When I started it the story, I just described it as "a dude felt me up in high school". It's in the past. It was gross but I don't really care. Shit happens.

All I do now is make sure people know about consent and try to explain what a healthy sexual relationship is to people as best as I can with my asexual brain and all the shit I could read on it. Oh, and I make sure I call people out and tell everyone to avoid people that raped someone.

>>7456946
oh no, I didn't know I was ace until like a year ago. This shit happened about 4 years ago? Also, I did push him off and tried to leave. But then the dude just grabbed my arm after I got a few steps. Shit wasn't cash.

And you aren't invalidating my experience. I understand you're simply trying to figure out what happened. Dude was horny teen and didn't know that walking away = you have failed no redo. I didn't understand consent and didn't realize I could put my foot down and say no. We both didn't know what was healthy sexual relationship/encounter. So yeah, the sex ed needs to be fixed a bit.
>>
You Can only be male or female You can not be transgender GOD GAVE US TO GENDER NOT TO CHANGE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
>>7456987
>>7456991
wrong thread. you tried though
>>
File: ciFh0za.jpg (120KB, 1800x827px) Image search: [Google]
ciFh0za.jpg
120KB, 1800x827px
>>
>>7456980
Oh, okay. I'm glad it's in the past then, and thanks for the explaining
Merry christmas, anon
>>
File: 529734b7.jpg (96KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
529734b7.jpg
96KB, 540x532px
>>7457015
you too anon
>>
>>7456601
First off, I'm the guy you replied to, not wew lad guy.

What I meant was that there are a lot of people that consider suicide because they suffer cognitive dissonance over this all because tumblr has forced them into believing that they're some way that they aren't. That and people hating them for "who they are" and you have suicides. If not for bullshit that they were overeager to believe applied to them, they'd be living and perhaps having children. This takes them out of the gene pool and strengthens it.

In the case of actual asexuals committing suicide, though many may not have had children either way they might have siblings who may. By committing suicide they seriously affect the lives of their siblings. Having your brother or sister kill themselves can seriously, seriously fuck someone up. They may not pursue having children (not saying all, but any at all is something) or may end up having to wait a while in order to process what happened and then they find themselves having waited too long and then they can't.

I don't think people kill themselves over just people telling them to kill themselves, maybe over feeling broken. With asexuality there are a lot of people that have convinced themselves that they're ace when they are definitely not, causing cognitive dissonance as I mentioned earlier. This can cause them to feel broken, and they may commit suicide.
Yes, we probably do lose some actual asexuals who feel the same way.

In general, even if suicides mean someone who probably wouldn't have reproduced anyway no longer can, its effect on those around them has the potential to decrease the potential for reproduction.
>>
>>7456779
Nah that's someone else entirely. I think they just came here to shitpost. I was voicing my feelings on the matter of suicide, on which I have some views most people don't have.. Honestly I have some views reminiscent of eugenics as well, buy that's for another day. I just fear that sometimes they come off as sociopathic (or psychopathic? I can never tell the difference. Or neither, I misuse words sometimes. Like everyone, I have flaws aplenty)

If someone can convince me otherwise they're free to but until then I remain convinced that humans have tinkered with natural selection in a terrible way. I don't believe that anyone should be killed for who they are, but perhaps some, such as those disabled because of genetic diseases, or those that may be carriers of horrible genetic diseases that would produce people who would just be a drain on society to keep living, should not be allowed to reproduce, for the betterment of our species.

>>7456806
If there's a genetic aspect to sexual attraction, which is, to the best of my knowledge, still debated in academia, then even those members of the population who wouldn't reproduce have an impact regarding their genes. Their existence may support the lives of siblings who may reproduce and probably carry many of their genes. There are some interesting theories (technically it would probably be more accurate to call them hypotheses) out there about this. I don't know any names though, I'm afraid.
But yes, I have thought it through. Maybe more than you. Maybe not, I don't know. I'm posting this at 6am for some reason.

>>7456832
Non-reproducing people can help support close relatives who do. It's the basis of altruistic behaviors. You can help your genes survive, even if you die before you pass them on, by helping relatives who share many of your genes to survive and pass them on successfully.

Anyone is free to debate me in my opinions here. Even though it's mostly irrelevant to the general, rational argument is good.
>>
>>7457001
This drawing is so wrong. The swastika armband goes on the left arm. I'm not a nazi or anything but come on now. I understand artistic license but I cannot overlook that. Take your shitposting elsewhere, mate.
>>
Here cometh the Day of the Questioning. Prepare yourselves... Family is coming...
>>
Hey /acegen/!

I got a bunch of chocolate for Christmas. Do you like chocolate?
>>
I just finished reading 14 Nights and it's amazing, thanks anon that recommended it
Merry Christmas acegen!
>>
>>7461966
I like chocolate. I also got a bunch of chocolate.

>>7464344
Merry Christmas!
>>
File: Mediocre.png (397KB, 610x252px) Image search: [Google]
Mediocre.png
397KB, 610x252px
>>7456997

>HOMO FAGGOTS

Redundant.

>BURN IN FUCKING HELL

More likely to freeze in Niflheim.

>REPENT

Is YHWH that needy that he requires his cultists to constantly reaffirm their love for him?
>>
>>7461966
Before I answer I have an important question, what kind of chocolate?
>>
>>7465801
Any kind of chocolate.
>>
>>7461966

I got a bag of chocolate coins and a block of rocky road.

I used to like white chocolate, but it tastes like shit to me now unless it's the REALLY good stuff.
>>
File: 1417495014081.jpg (84KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
1417495014081.jpg
84KB, 500x653px
Who here member this?
>>
>>7470837
I've seen this picture a number of times, but now I guess I'm missing the backstory.
...Story?
>>
>>7457001
cringe
>>
Hey guys, what if we set up an IRC channel?

>>7470837
I member this (I believe)

>>7471095
Last year's holiday edition

>>7471142
I do believe that's the point.
>>
>>7471750
The 141... filename points far further than last year.
But sure, I wasn't in this thread a year ago.
>>
>>7434588
I'm male, don't have a *particularly* masculine body, but it's not really feminine either, and it seems mainly due to lack of exercise rather than anything related to my orientation. I've never measured the size of my penis, but I estimate it to be maybe 3 inches - though my sense of scale is probably way off, because the idea that the average penis is 5 inches just seems ridiculous to me, I don't understand how someone could have a penis that big and not have it be easily seen through their pants.
>>
>>7439462
>A made-up term by snowflacks.
Literally all terms are made up.

>No. "Asexuality" is a made-up term that is not real, not proven by science, not plausible by scientific standards, and has no basis in reality.
How is asexuality "not plausible by scientific standards"? There hasn't been much research on asexuality, but there is at least evidence (for starters, Kinsey's research) that asexuality exists, and really nothing to suggest otherwise (other than the "special snowflake attention whore" meme, which isn't a scientifically credible theory).

>Having a girlfriend or boyfriend proves you are a sexual being. If you had no sexual attraction, then "friend" would suffice. To call someone your girlfriend or boyfriend mandates specifically sexual attraction.
False. If that were the case, there would be no need for such a concept as "friends with benefits", as it would be identical to an ordinary boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

>Once again proving that asexuality does not exist.
Once again, false. The biological sex drive is distinct from sexual attraction. If a straight man was stranded on an island without any women - even if he was born there and had never seen in a woman in his whole life, or even knew they existed - he would still desire sexual release, even though there is no one around that he is attracted to. Also, for practical purposes, weird fetishes that don't involve other people (like being turned on by furniture for example) pretty much fall under asexuality by default, at least if you want to have four basic sexual orientations that cover everyone.
>>
>>7439462
>Yes, it is a brain dysfunction of people whose parents didn't love them so they employ attention-seeking tactics like making up a unique classification for their sexuality so they can seem special.
You have sources to back this up, I'm sure? My parents loved me plenty, maybe my mother more than my father (though that would be more likely to make me gay/trans than ace, according to the memes), but sex always seemed pointless and disgusting to me, about the same way I'd expect you to feel about sticking a pencil up your nose. There's maybe like one person who I've come out to non-anonymously, so as an "attention-seeking" tactic it's utterly retarded.

>>7440320
/acegen/ is no more "topicless" than say mtfg, femgen, or gaygen.

>>7440372
>This is an /r9k/ topic
So when gaygen uses a similar topic, you think they should go to r9k too?

>Why would you come out for not being something? If someone asks you on the spot if you're gay or straight, you can just say I'm not really interested in anyone. That's it.
Which is pretty much the same thing as coming out.

>>7440541
So here we go with the oppression olympics again. And by your logic, a gay man who lives in a liberal area where they have basically zero chance of being discriminated against, has LESS of a right to come out than an asexual woman in Africa who is at risk of being ``correctively" raped for it. Coming out isn't about discrimination or being in danger, it's about being true to yourself and not pretending to be something you're not.

>>7440749
What kind of nonsense is this? "Not eating and breathing" isn't a sexual orientation, or anything comparable, it's called "dying before your birth certificate can be printed out". Non-ace people won't die from not having sex, and even though they do, by definition, experience sexual attraction, they can still have plenty of legitimate reasons for choosing not to have sex.
>>
>>7457500
Not to mention these days half the time it's the white cishet normies who claim to be ``oppressed" by being required to get consent before sex, being told not to misgender people or use racial slurs or whatever.
>>
>>7457500

But how would you know that he was a nazi if you couldn't see the armband on the side that is holding the gun? Benevolent Overlord Google is inconclusive regarding if the Nazis hated left-handers.
>>
>>7471762
I think it was last year's. And they could've saved it earlier than that and used that as the OP image.

>>7472429
My penis is about 6 inches. When I have an erection it is definitely visible through my pants. There's no hiding that shit.

>>7475493
Different pose to allow for the armband to be seen on the left arm. Simple. Although the swastika would point the other way. Alternatively, the rest of the uniform may be enough.

>>7472502
In other words, when people run out of things to complain about they generate their own problems and allow artificial issues to fester until sides flip, allowing for further complaining.
>>
File: snowflakes_PNG7545.png (194KB, 2480x2480px) Image search: [Google]
snowflakes_PNG7545.png
194KB, 2480x2480px
>>
>>7477720
Seasonal
>>
>>7477720
>>7478115
Festive
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.