[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SECRETLY getting hormones on insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: aesthetic.jpg (142KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.jpg
142KB, 570x570px
Is this even possible in America?

I'm heading off to Uni soon, and I neeeeed to know what this takes. I want to get myself a bicalutamide/estradiol prescription (be nice to have some progesterone on hand, too, in case I ever run across the opportunity to have sex), but I do **not** want my parents to be given ANY indication of what I'm doing.

>14 year old girls can get knocked up and insurance will pay, off-the-record, for the termination of their unborn child
>I, at 19, cannot get something to BLOCK this MOTHERFUCKING TESTOSTERONE from ravaging my body without it pinging on the insurance
>>
>>7419104
Getting the visit to actually get the prescription would be another obstacle for me

I live in Alabama currently (no informed consent clinics); though I could make the trip to Atlanta if I could be 100% sure that:
>insurance would pay for the visit
>I could get my prescription on the first try (I can't make a trip out there for nothing)
>there would be nothing unusual appearing on the insurance statement
>>
>>7419104
Bottom line is this, if you're on your parents insurance then they will know about ANYTHING you do that is health insurance related.

Everytime you plop down that card at an office or pharmacy it makes a claim with the insurance company. The company will either accept or deny the claim, and will then send a letter explaining the clsim and their decision to the policy holder.

If you want to be an inderaged faggot and get tiddy skittles without mommy and daddy finding out then you better do so completely on your dollar.
>>
>>7419171
>Bottom line is this, if you're on your parents insurance then they will know about ANYTHING you do that is health insurance related.
Is there no way for me to leverage HIPA voodoo or something like that? I mean, as it stands currently, I do have to sign various release forms for any healthcare related things because that's "my private information" which they "don't have the right to see". And like I mentioned with the whole "14 year olds can get a stealth abortion" thing.. nothing analagous for titty skittles?
>>
i know planned parenthood helps with pregnancy shit on the low low
and theyre branching out into lgbt service stuff too
so maybe call your local PP and see if they can help you out
>>
>>7419200
I looked that up, and it seems from their central website that they only offer HRT at two locations, and that's only spironolactone

Though, would it be worth it to call and see if it's just unlisted?
>>
>>7419185
Sure kid. Use HIPA voodoo. That will surely stop the insurance company from sending the policy holder a claims statement for the policy they pay hundreds of dollars for each month.
>>
>>7419229
it probably wouldn't hurt to try, in my experience theyre very accommodating and flexible with their services
>>
>>7419200
>>7419229
PP will keep things on the down low if you ask. My FtM boyfriend recently got his hormones there and they asked if him if he was out to his family and what to say if they called his home phone/emergency contact.

I'd call them and see if they can direct you to some place. Even if you have to drive a couple of hours to a clinic, they're very helpful.
>>
>>7419104
So you wanna just steal money from your parents?
>>
>>7420744
No, I want them to be unaware of my usage of their insurance (provided I'm merely taking advantage of a service they're already paying for)

>>7419236
>>7420710
>>7419200
thx, will check them out
>>
>>7419104
Doctors visits will be listed, and maybe the diagnosis. I think it is possible to block the diagnosis from showing, but not that you made a doctors visit claim. Also your doc can list it as endocrine disorder. As for prescriptions on mine, the drug received isn't listed.
>>
File: NLir2l7.jpg (10KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
NLir2l7.jpg
10KB, 271x288px
>>7419104
>mfw pervs are spending my tax dollars on their fetish pills
>>
I don't know what uni you're going to, I know that mine (a large state school) had an LGBT center that lots of resources to free services. You mentioned it's in Alabama though, so you may be fucked.

If not, consider a part-time job and consider looking through the DIY HRT thread? Packages might get intercepted depending on your campus mail staff though, as you'd be in a legal grey area.
>>
>>7421237
ehh, I've heard good things about getting greymarket stuff mailed to Uni; not too worried about that.

>>7421088
aha, good to know

>>7421093
lel
tfw libertarian and I wish this shit were deregulated so I could just go to the drugstore and spend my own money on it with no ado
>>
>>7419185
HIPA is literally worthless

Just came out to my mom. I'm 4 months on hormones. Does your university have a student health plan? I used that and my mom has no idea I'm on hormones still.

Thing is though, coming out was SO much easier than expected. I encourage you to consider trying it that way.
>>
>>7421093
mfw you think this shit is expensive

One smoker costs as much as fifty trannies
>>
>>7421706
I've tried to bring up the subject before

But their stance on trannies is actually pretty aligned with my own
>mentally ill dude in a dress is just a delusional faggot
The difference is that they are completely convinced that hormonal therapy cannot help what's wrong with me, whereas I want to at least give it a shot
>>
>>7419104
>bicalutamide
sorry, friend
as explained previously you can get hormones through planned parenthood, but bica exists solely in the diy realm and is not prescribed in any country for mtf hormone treatment
you'll be prescribed spiro
there's no reason to mix bica and estrogen anyway because the latter's likelihood to kill your dick completely negates the potential of the former to save it, you have the same risk on bica and spiro
>>
>>7428359
>there's no reason to mix bica and estrogen anyway because the latter's likelihood to kill your dick completely negates the potential of the former to save it, you have the same risk on bica and spiro
Spiro has bunch of annoying side effects though.
>>
>>7428359
Estradiol won't PERMANENTLY kill the libido, and like >>7428362 said, I don't want to risk dealing with Spiro if I don't have to

On the remote offchance that I would even want to have a libido for a day, access to progesterone might be nice, but I can always just buy that with my own money since it's "just for fun"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.