[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tricked into transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4446.jpg (373KB, 1040x1538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4446.jpg
373KB, 1040x1538px
Has anyone else on /lgbt/ read this book? The basic premise is the transition of early transitioner (began presenting and transitioning at 3) Nicole Maines. However, most of the evidence directed toward her supposedly "recognizing her gender" at an early age seem to be based on social constructed views of gender projected onto her by her parents (I'll post examples and excerpts below) who coaxed her into presenting female based on her "feminine interests". By the time Nicole begins seeing gender therapists at much later age her parents have already inducted her into presenting as a girl.

So what I was wondering is if you think it's possible to be "induced" into experiencing dysphoria and transitioning? Is gender really mailable and socializable to that extent?
>>
File: IMG_4408.jpg (1MB, 2245x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4408.jpg
1MB, 2245x3264px
Example one.
>>
File: this thread again.jpg (39KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
this thread again.jpg
39KB, 460x500px
Kill yourself, spammer.
>>
>>7393364
hi cara
i strongly recommend you read the book 'the man who would be queen' by j. michael bailey (yes, that j. michael bailey)
one of the sections at the beginning about the nature vs nurture aspect of gender should be really interesting to you
gender's innateness has been shown in many, many more cases than the reimer one
also, as you'll note from other aspects of the book, pre-transition nicole was certainly a very feminine boy who would have grown up to be at least gay and probably trans even if she didn't transition, and since its publication it's been found hsts women and feminine gay men are essentially the same evolutionary morph, and trans women are the PREFERRED morph -- so rather than being a gay boy pushed into transitioning, she's a girl who wasn't pushed into being a gay boy
>>
>>7393685
i strongly recommend you read the following article, it's short:
https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/nature-vs-nuture/
it expands on how feminine androphilic natal males are an evolutionary category and the default, preferred form of that category is trans women -- so feminine gay men are evolutionary failures who didn't achieve transsexualism due to social factors
the same applies for masculine gynephilic natal females, but they don't need to be encouraged to transition in the same sense as their distaff counterpart. while 'true gay men' who transition like blaire are rarities, 'true butch lesbians' transition all the time and are just doing so more and more often. this is because ftms have truer and more severe dysphoria than mtfs, a fact that has been proven in transsexualism research, and as a result the majority of 'butch lesbians' are dysphoric whereas most 'feminine gay men' aren't.
>>
idk. When I was in 6th grade the girl two doors down and I hung out every day. She would put make up on me and dress me up as a girl. It was fun and erotic. We played this game for years. I fit into all her clothes and panties. She never told anyone at the middle school or later the high school. Unheard of now days. I first did this for her pleasure but later it was for my pleasure---she knew. She made me look beautiful.
>>
>>7393794
>Are only socially constructed as female
why should that mean anything?
not only are several of these 'socially constructed' behaviours consistent amongst cultures and even species, even if you must argue they're constructs there's evidence to suggest innate gender atypicality is actually towards what is constructed -- that is, a feminine androphilic natal male will by way of her neurology gravitate to whatever is feminine in her culture, regardless of what that technically is
>In the book he show an unequal penchant for "masculine" and "feminine" activities and presentation -- leaning heavily on the masculine. A large portion of the opening is devoted to talking about how he engages in aggressive and "masculine" activities that outweigh the feminine clothing he had a penchant for.
parents of trans people, especially transkids, tend to highlight the behaviours that confirmed to their natal sex in an attempt at convincing themselves they're 'not really trans' -- and even after coming around as much as nicole's parents do this subconscious tendency remains
nicole's childhood mixed masculinity and femininity, and her parents focused for dear life on the masculinity
>>
>>7393764
nah, that's just made up mumbo jumbo, made up by some bitter old drag queen, it has no validity whatsoever, sorry.

gays are into men, they're not failed trannys, they don't want to be wimminz dipship :)
>>
>>7393652
>trans women are the preferred morph
it's a lot easier to be gay than trans
>>
>>7393880
dunno ? do they ? lots of them seem fairly macho & into themselves, doubt many of them would want to be actual woomans.
>>
>>7393685
I read "my ellis nuts" for a second
>>
>>7393857
have you read any of the studies linked in it? provide studies contradicting them. if you can't, you're out of your depth.
gay men have very similar, possibly indistinguishable brains from trans women on neuroimaging
>>7393889
yes, in white western culture
hence why you see so many young feminine straight trans women in thailand, singapore, latin america, and -- dare i say it -- iran
>>
>>7393948
isn't iran imposing it on gays to undergo trannification SRS processes cause it's either that or death by lynching
>>
>>7393948
not just culturally, but medically
trans women are gender dysphoric and depressed, and require a multitude of medical procedures to alleviate this
feminine gay men can just be themselves

how is being trans the advantage? both won't reproduce, both will be discriminated against, trans women are worse off mentally, financially, and physically
>>
>>7393957
that's a popular claim supported by a lot of media targeting iran's trans community, but the data doesn't necessarily bear it out
iran has the same transition rate as thailand, which is much higher than the majority of the world, but accounting for the relative number of homosexuals in the west (2-5%, possibly higher) to the relative number of transsexuals in the west (0.2% at most), iran's transsexual count is closer to the western transsexual count than the western homosexual count
the pressures in iran for fanms and mgnfs (i am not going to write those terms out any more) to transition are only about as strong as the pressures in southeast asia or latin america (where most but not all will transition), and gender-conforming gays generally just flee for the west
>>
>>7393948
bullshit, I've read the blog, the drag queen who wrote it picks & chooses stuff from here & there then manufactures a whole conspiracy theory around it, you're the one making the extraordinary claims (none of which are supported by any scientific research) so it's up to you to prove it, it's not up to me to disprove it
>>
>>7393948
>>7393975
also want to point out, feminine gay men and trannies may have similar brains - probably from prenatal estrogen exposure -
but the key difference is dysphoria
>>
>>7393982
couldn't it be because gays don't really out themselves there? i wouldn't think living in an islamic theocratic state is ideal for gays, honestly. maybe that influences percentages and relative numbers of homosexuals over there.
>>
>>7393764
lol sillyolme is an angry hon, you quote her like shes some kind of authority
>>
>>7393975
'third gender' categories -- most of which are 'mtfs before medical transition' and some of which are 'ftms before medical transition', but none are the actual 'third gender' that trendscum kids in the west claim -- predate, to the best of anyone's ability to tell, social acceptance of gender-non-conforming homosexuality and are the 'original' evolutionary morph of fanms and mgnfs
severely dysphoric transsexuals seem to be an outlier on the mtf side, though are the most common ftm presentation -- most trans people throughout all of human history have faced more social issues than physical ones
the evolutionary purpose of fanms is to serve as an aunt or substitute parent for children, as you will see in the article i linked you and the studies quoted in it, and fanms who live as women are consistently in almost all societies less discriminated against than those who live as men (trans women who are discriminated against are usually not fanms, but were masculine before transitioning and don't pass, though fanms are most at direct risk of violence due to their generally dangerous lifestyles)
>>
>>7393991
then explain people like blaire white who are exceedingly feminine gay men, transition mtf without having severe dysphoria, and adjust well to the female gender role and live better lives as women than men
>>7393997
that's definitely true, but i don't see how it contradicts my statements
>>7393988
>>7393998
>attacking the source
>>
>>7394011
i was thinking that if all the gays in iran outed themselves probably the tranny percentage would skyrocket into oblivion. how much is the homosexual reported percentage in iran? you didn't specify how different it was from the west nor how it compares to the tranny percentage
>>
>>7394003
>severely dysphoria transsexuals seem to be an outlier on the mtf side
wut
literally only met one mtf who wasn't severely dysphoric and he was tumblr trash

>though are most common ftm presentation
met 3 ftms who weren't severely dysphoric and were tumblr trash

i don't get how that's relevant anyways, but you seem biased
>>
>>7394011
the source of the pseudoscience - an angry old queen - what's not to attack ?
>>
>>7394011
>people like blaire white who are exceedingly feminine gay men
lol
>>
>>7394018
though iranian homosexuality is relatively closeted, a 2014 survey found 17%(!!) of the youth population reported homosexuality, far more than in the west (though the western percentage when you factor in bisexuality is higher):
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21611117-official-report-blows-lid-secret-world-sex-throwing?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/throwingoffthecovers
i can't find a specific number for transsexualism's prevalence in iran, but they perform the second highest number of sexual reassignment surgeries in the world, behind only thailand
i strongly suspect most of the homosexual-identified 17% are gender-conforming and are not fanms or mgnfs
>>
>>7394012
Like I told you numerous times before, you're no good at this.
>>
>>7394011
>live better lives as women than men
no severe dysphoria ≠ won't like living as a woman
>>
>>7394037
what even is a fanms\mgnfs, i have no idea
>>
>>7394023
i'm talking about the research, trans women experience milder dysphoria than trans men
and if we look at 'desistence' rates -- the old canard pulled out by people trying to argue early transition is wrong -- we can see support for my theory
the majority of feminine boys grow up to identify themselves as gay men, but let's look at the ones that identify themselves that way vs the ones that transition. blanchard found the ones who transitioned fit a specific profile -- this research was in the 80s and 90s before one could easily transition prepubertally or pubertally (prepubertal transition began in the early 90s, but obviously wasn't common). the fanms who transitioned were the particularly feminine-looking ones, who even after being ruined by male puberty could pass for female. that was the ONLY factor distinguishing transitioners from nontransitioners. not childhood levels of dysphoria, not current behavioural femininity, but physical femininity. now we have puberty blockers so fewer children need to grow up ruined...and what do we see? desistence rates are dropping rapidly. fanms and mgnfs transition less because they have terrible lives pre-transition but more because they have BETTER lives post-transition. now that ALL of them can have better lives post-transition, there's no reason to live as gay men or butch lesbians.
you really haven't read the literature, haven't you?
>>
>>7393364
all these sock puppets, stop talking to yourself asshole.
>>
>>7394054
[f]eminine [a]ndrophilic [n]atal [m]ale
[m]asculine [g]ynephilic [n]atal [f]emale
>>
>>7394053
you know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>7394066
oh well, that explains it, isn't it just like that other amab\afab label
>>
>>7393998
>lol sillyolme is an angry hon
Actually she's not a hon as she transitioned in her teens and has lived as a woman ever since. Something most trans even today don't get to do.
>>
>>7394076
no
'amab' and 'afab' are just tumblr for 'natal male' and 'natal female', used by people who overwhelmingly AREN'T fanms or mgnfs -- most are natal females who are pretty typical straight girls, some of who experience gender dysphoria that evolved from autoandrophilia, some of who are just along for the ride
fanms and mgnfs are specific outliers in terms of sexed behaviour that generally assume a 'third gender' social role or just cross over into the other category, but western culture during the 90s and 00s accepted them (with great difficulty and discrimination) as a subset of their birth sex, and the members of that age cohort are rather troubled by the fact that the 10s is returning them to their traditional cross-sex status
>>
>>7394058
no i havent read it because the information you're giving directly contradicts my extensive personal experience

didn't come to this thread to debate with a delusional ezmode transitioner
being trans sucks for 99% of people, it's not a desirable option
>>
>>7394083
and yet he still can't pass hence the bitterness :)
>>
>>7394085
>ezmode
k e k
i know what you're expressing here but i came out just barely young enough that the rest of my age cohort has a much smoother time than me, and in the wrong country
of course transsexualism isn't a desirable option *in the west during the late 20th and early 21st centuries*, that's a historical outlier
and of course a lot of people who transition in that time period are severely dysphoric -- we're historical outliers! and if you knew anything about lesbian communities, you'd know extreme sex dysphoria is a common trait amongst the mgnfs who live as butch lesbians just as it is amongst those who live as trans men, that's WHY so many butches are terrified they're going 'extinct' -- that social category just doesn't need to exist anymore!
>>
>>7393975
>how is being trans the advantage? both won't reproduce, both will be discriminated against, trans women are worse off mentally, financially, and physically
Yeah if you're a hon like most of the trans mtf's here.
>>7393988
>bullshit, I've read the blog, the drag queen who wrote it...
>drag queen
lel if you mean the trans WOMAN who wrtites the silly me blogs no she is not a drag queen see >>7394083 post.

I think you're just jealous she is more passable and successful and not to mention more trans then you will ever be because you started to late and are a hon.
>>
File: hon LLC.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
hon LLC.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>7394100
>and yet he still can't pass hence the bitterness :)
I think you're projecting hon.
>>
>>7394125
>I think you're just jealous she is more passable and successful and not to mention more trans then you will ever be because you started to late and are a hon
Jelly of what ? dude looks like a lady, besides I have no horse in this race, straight white male here kek :)
>>
>>7394125
>>7394129
Don't mind the bitter agp transbians, they always get mad when topic's like this get brought up. Ignore the honneys.
>>
>>7394129
nah, sillyolme looks like an old man in drag sorry
>>
>>7394142
Nah she looks like an old lady, sorry if your pervert agp transbian mind thinks all women even the +65 year olds should be beauty queens.
>>
>>7394285
>old lady
nope, you're a bitter old man, in drag, sorry :(

now go back & write some more nonsense on that blog of yours, then post it as proof of whatever bs you're trying to push on people here.
>>
>>7394315
>nope, you're a bitter old man, in drag, sorry :(
You need to stop projecting so much bitter transbian hon anon. :p
>>
>>7394340
you're the one who's projecting, projecting you're hon-ness hon anon.

now go away & write some more blog so you can copypasta post walls of text & have conversations with yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 903x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 903x1024px
>>7393364
I win
>>
>>7394142
>>7394285
>>7394315
>>7394340
>>7394392
i was hoping something interesting would happen when i was out but i guess i was overestimating /t/ again
>>
>>7394625
/t/ is fot torrents anon
>>
>>7397245
no
>>
>>7397245
>58 replies
>14 posters
>>
>>7393843
her face looks extrremely wide in this gif. Male scale wide, not female. Shes trying to hide it with her bangs but its shining through
>>
>>7393364
can someone explain to me who caraposter is and what is their deal? I am kind of new here. In the where do you live thread caraposter said they live near me
>>
>>7399521
Repressed hon or possibly just a chaser who went to school with Nicole Maines and stalked her.
>>
File: skullautist.jpg (154KB, 520x768px) Image search: [Google]
skullautist.jpg
154KB, 520x768px
>>7399432
face looks normal female width in the gif anon :)
>>
>>7399557
so desperate & pathetic :)
>>
>>7399557
idk maybe
>>
>>7399729
he only wants your head for his skull collection ya know.
>>
>>7399660
who? I graduated UMO
>>
>>7399746
im a cis male
>>
>>7399557
>>7399729
i want to see how this plays out
also cara i'll probably add you on snapchat at some point but i gotta warn you i never use it
>>
>>7399746
Wtf? Is this actually what Caraposter looks like or did they steal this pic from someplace?
>>
>>7399799
that's nicole maines in cosplay, cara's a mousefaced asian who's still in boymode
>>7399807
dammit, i was looking forward to the news report
>>
>>7393652
>PREFERRED morph
Someone call Ridley Scott--xenomorph dickgirls NOW.
>>
>>7399824
everybody knows you're a 52 year old man cara
>>
>>7393364
of course it's possible for a child to be convinced that he's something he isn't, do you have zero understanding of human development? have you ever been a child?
>>
>>7400059
please see
>>102682425
>>
>>7400120
oops, wrong thread !

sry
>>
>>7400043
my parents convinced me I was a boy, but I'll show them :^)
>>
>>7393764
>that essay
>"Kinship Selection Hypothesis"
kek
>>
>>7393764
>this is because ftms have truer and more severe dysphoria than mtfs

Fucking lol. The excessive autism and nitpicking on this board prove otherwise, trans women are just girls who got fucked over by some genetic abnormality, and since they're women they can't stop obsessing over it even if they've physically moved past it.

Men don't care as much about how they look, so FtMs are way less hysterical about it.
>>
File: BlMQbrHCAAAZTWc.jpg large.jpg (49KB, 589x772px) Image search: [Google]
BlMQbrHCAAAZTWc.jpg large.jpg
49KB, 589x772px
>>7393364
this is why I don't like forcing transition onto kids before they're individuals.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.