[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HRT my keratosis pilaris (a life long skin issue)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: bumps-on-arms-pictures-444x333.jpg (20KB, 444x333px) Image search: [Google]
bumps-on-arms-pictures-444x333.jpg
20KB, 444x333px
As long as I can remember I've been embarrassed of the little bumps on the back of my arms. My brother has them and so does my dad.

I'm 5 months into HRT and today I reached down to scratch my arm and realized that they are completely gone.

Why? Can someone explain why this has cured?
>>
>>7377663
Im no doctor, but I hear that acne is hormonal, and caused partly by elevated testosterone. Your condition is obviously similar and was cured by your T-blocker, just as many transwomen report having clearer skin from hrt.
>>
because testosterone is a cancer to skin tbqh
>>
>>7377663
Thanks you're giving me hope! My skin looks bad too and i hope it will get better on hrt
>>
I have this on my upper back and shoulders

According to my googling it's more common in women than men so I doubt HRT has a direct affect on it but who knows

I used to be insecure about it but it's honestly just one of those weird things that people can have, no one's perfect
>>
>>7377663
I had this too and it went away with HRT.
>>
>>7377804
Thanks for posting, interesting to see someone else with the same experience.

>>7377794
True it's more common in women then men but I'm almost positive it's been fixed by HRT. There have been no other life style changes that would impact it.

I tried creams, lotions, vitamins, sunshine, etc to try and get rid of them throughout my life. Now they are just gone. Seems like HRT to me.

>>7377784
<3

>>7377765
Truuu

>>7377744
I was thinking something like this. Oddly enough I've actually gotten more acne on my face since starting HRT but I think its more blocked pores from shaving/makeup.
>>
>>7377831
When did you start hrt? It's not that uncommon for ACNE to burst and intensify prior to healing and fading, not only when treated by hrt.
>>
>>7377955
I started HRT in July.
>>
I honestly want to take HRT for the skin and body hair effects, but I don't want to grow tits or break my dick
>>
>>7377663
I had pretty nasty psoriasis before HRT, it completely disappeared by 5 months
>>
>>7378353

just drink ginger juice and lavender tea at night.
they are both full of pseudo oestrogens but weak herbal versions that won't fuck with you too much.
also eat soy and try pueraria mirifica (never tried it but heard it works too)
>>
>>7377663
I dated someone that had this on there arms and at first It was a tad weird but after about a week I got used to it and it basically became invisible to me.
>>
>>7377663
Oh yeah happened to me too. Fucking bizarre but it makes sone sense. I just thought my skin routine was clearing it up.
>>
I've had that on the back of my arms for as long as I can remember. People think I have some rash. When I get on T we'll if that affects it.
>>
Its a genetic disease carried on the Y chromosome. Now that you're a girl you don't have a Y chromosome, so the disease is gone.
>>
File: latest.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>7378859
>>
>>7378859
This checks out. I'm a doctor.
>>
>>7377663
Doesnt accutane solve it?
Talk to a doctor about it, it's a 2 years long treatment but it did wonders to my acne.
>>
>>7379321
do you have ED now?
>>
>>7378353
retin-a you dumb nigger.
>>
It's not a lifelong condition, it goes away on its own all the time. The number one treatment for it is waiting for it to go away, number two is creams.
>>
>>7379321
Not worth the damage to your skin and liver though.
I was on that stuff when younger and really wish I had never done it. I've basically spent my entire life trying to fix all the damage accutane caused.
>>
I had this for 15 years and it's now completely gone 1 year into HRT
>>
>>7379321
>>7383834
I was also on accutane for a year and while it got rid of my acne on my face and back it didn't touch this shit on my upper arms
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.