[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Results of the US Trans Survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ?format=1500w.png (69KB, 1500x674px) Image search: [Google]
?format=1500w.png
69KB, 1500x674px
After more than a year of waiting, the results of the 2015 US Trans Survey are finally out.

Full report:
http://www.transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/USTS-Full-Report-FINAL.PDF

Executive summary:
http://www.transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/USTS-Executive-Summary-FINAL.PDF

There will also be a release event livestream from 1 pm ET to 2 pm ET.
>>
"Although the intention was to recruit a
sample that was as representative as possible
of transgender people in the U.S., it is important
to note that respondents in this study were not
randomly sampled and the actual population
characteristics of transgender people in the U.S.
are not known. Therefore, it is not appropriate
to generalize the findings in this study to all
transgender people."

lol, that's what it's gonna used for though.
>>
>>7371486

If you look at page 53 of the full report, it does look like the map of respondents closely matched the general population map.
>>
>>7371404

Livestream link:
http://www.transequality.org/USTSlivestream
>>
>>7371404

Even though the HIV/AIDS prevalence rate among the entire country is 0.3%, 1.9% of respondents to the survey had HIV/AIDS. 6.7% of all black respondents had it, and 19% of black trans women had HIV/AIDS. All of this is according to the report.
>>
>>7372365
Y
>>
IMO invariably it's the broken attention whores that gravitate to studies like this. I've noticed the more functional and healthy the trans person, the less likely they are to have anything to do with the organizations and groups from which they recruited the sample.
>>
>>7378538

What do you mean why? According to the report, 12% of respondents are/were prostitutes. 72% of all respondents were white, I believe. So that would seem to indicate blacks were overrepresented among the prostitute subdemographic, Hispanics were as well.

>>7378599

That's true. But then it better represents the cases of those of us that are worst off, which is good because the entire point of the survey is to improve trans people's lives.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-09+at+02.43.07).png (14KB, 404x363px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-09+at+02.43.07).png
14KB, 404x363px
>that huge age discrepancy for non-binary
yup this totally proves that alternative genders are legitimate and not just little girls playing dressup...

>>7378599
true, I wouldn't even identify myself as a trans person in surveys. I'm sure most true trans people aren't being accounted for.
>>
>>7371404
they didn't ask me
>>
>>7378784

There was a thread here telling people to take the survey back when they were still collecting responses. That's how I found out about it and I had been waiting on the results ever since. They got 27,715 responses in total.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.