/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

out of my cage doing not fine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

sup /lgbt/, social advice thread
how do i establish myself in a new group of friends while dodging my social problems?

background: bi female, 5/10, 6/10 on good days. Tossed down the drain the last three years of my life due to depression, never was talking to people or going out. Naturally, social skills have deteriorated completely, and social anxiety that emerged from this does not help. Add to this the fact that I have lousy english. It takes a tremendous amount of effort for me to even force myself to talk to people, let alone join conversations unless people start talking to me first, and the fear of being annoying/not interesting/rude is there as well. All this takes all of they joy out of talking since distress outweighs the payoff. Butttt I'm tired of being alone, so gotta push through it.

Now, any advice on how to do it? A group of friends is all lgbt as well. Especially could use advice on how to read signals, how to hop into convos and be touchy (hugs etc) without crossing the line between outgoing and rude. How far can I go without coming across as a creep? thnx
>>
bum(p)
>>
Get in shape and put some make up on and wear something cool, try going out to the city and just socializing with the people who hang out around their, don't talk to anyone to sketchy

It helps to bring a friend along, try to make at least one

People are usually inviting and willing to talk if you speak respectfully and casually to them

Being alone isn't the worse thing there is, trust me anon
>>
>>7370062
Oh mate I know there are things worse. Ive lived them. Still makes me want to make friends to make things easier for me. Thanks, btw.

Okay but still, any specific advice on socializing? Like, how to tell if I am being annoying? How to join a conversation without being so? How to tell if the people are interested, or willing to carry on, and how to earn their affection so they do want to hang out with me?
>>
>>7369941
>Now, any advice on how to do it?
nope but lurking
i'm in the same situation
>>
>>7369941
Well a lot of the time if you look cool, and like you belong to a certain group, that group will seek you out and invite you in

at least in my experience, i had no friends in highschool but i have a very clear tomboy butch aesthetic and the tomboy group at uni just kind of approached me (its good to be approachable and not look mean)
I'm also into the metal scene as well, so other people that like metal usually come up to me and want to talk

forcing yourself into groups has never really worked for me
>>
>>7370622
There is no magic formula for joining conversation, gauging people's interest in conversation or making people like you. You could ask ten thousand anonymous 4chan users, read twenty books on the subject, and probably be even more socially retarded in the end than you were when you started.

All you can do is practice. The more you talk to people, the more natural conversation becomes for you.

>how to tell if I am being annoying?
Whatever you do, just don't worry about that one. You're going to annoy some people no matter what. You'll only make yourself anxious constantly worrying over who might find you annoying.
>>
>>7370730
Cheers anon. So the looks are important, I suppose.

To everyone else, share stories maybe? How did you get along with your current friends, if any, how did you meet, any particular situations?

>>7370749
Of course there is no magic formula, that's why I'm asking for examples. Say what you want but it's good to have some homework done.
>>
to follow up, a question:
say, a person shows interest in me, but its kinda flirty-touchy-lightweight stuff, which apparently doesn't call for anything serious. Where does the line between multiple hookups and a relationship go? How to tell? How to confront?
>>
pls halp
>>
>>7372230
Once you've already hooked up it should be fine to just say straight up "Do you wanna do this more? Do you want to get more serious?", etc.
>>
wrong board friend
>>>/adv/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.