[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressed and wanting to be a woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: crestfallen.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crestfallen.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
Long story short, I'm a man, 21 years old, but I really wished I was a woman ; I believe I'd be much happier if that was the case and that my life would be better. However, I'm not sure if I legitimately want that, or if I just want it because I have severe depression. I have huge social anxiety disorder, I can barely go outside, or talk to people, and I feel lonely because I have no one to talk to really. I genuinely hate my life and myself and I'm thinking about HRT. But I don't know if my desires to be a woman (which, if I was, I believe would fix most of my problems) are the product of my depression and other problems, or if they are the product of genuine gender dysphoria. Can anyone help me figure this out or have had or know of similar experiences? I'm terribly lost as to what I should do.
>>
anyone?
>>
>>7369429

Stealth some HRT for a month or so and see if you start feeling any better. If you can't buy any, take some pueraria mirifica and saw palmetto. No where near as good as real HRT but you will feel the effect on mood/anxiety levels/etc.
>>
>>7369730

I should clarify, I am suggesting this would be a way to determine if you have a femenized brain causing gender dysphoria. Saw Palmetto only drops DHT levels, but apparently that can affect reuptake of all androgens, so it has minor effect on testosterone levels. PM on the other hand is a phyto-estrogen which comes from a plant. It isn't as good as real estrogen, but it works in a similar way and has a bunch of other shit in it too which can help a little.

The point is, some form of HRT should help you work out if you have at least a partially femenized brain. If you find that the changes are too real too quick, it is likely you are just experiencing a placebo, but if you find that regular doses are helping and your anxiety/mood problems/etc. are returning after a short break from taking PM/Estrogen then it is likely that you have something going on there.
>>
>>7369754

Can it rule out if I have both (aka both depression and dysphoria)? Also, is it costly, and I decide to stop taken them, is it reversible?
>>
op's life is my life.
I'm also thinking if my need to transition is a real dysphoria, or it's because of the fact that I never had a girlfriend and my need to be a woman is only to feed my brain with something feminine.

inb4 get a gf. I struggle to get out of my parents house. Anxiety makes me cry even when i go for a walk.
>>
>>7372031

Yup. People joke about KHVs, but I'm an actual KHV. I've never even hugged a girl before, nevermind kiss one or had sex with one. It's never going to happen too, because I'm not good enough for that. I just want to be able to like myself and I think my life would be ''fixed'' if I was a woman, and not man.

Sorry about your situation, I hope you get better.
>>
Go see a sex therapist.
>>
>>7372889

I can't go see one at the moment. I don't want my parents to know I have such ideas.
>>
>>7372031
>>7372163
I doubt being KHV would make you trans, I was a KHV and didn't get my first gf until after starting hrt and lo and behold I still fucking hate myself and wish I'd been born a girl.
>>
>>7372889
No. Do not see these Cultural Marxists.
>>
>>7373998

Then who should I go see about these issues?
>>
>>7374465
actual marxists
>>
>>7374538

Would prefer to be an un-indoctrinated woman.
>>
>>7369429
Ah no worries man. All men wish they were women, it's just that they have more real shit going on in their lives to the point where it doesn't bother them. Work on yourself.
>>
>>7374538
>cpusa
>actual marxists
>>
>>7375378
then the actual marxists need to up their SEO game
>>
>>7371857

I guess, brain chemistry is crazy like that... But trust me you will know if it is working. Things will suddenly make a lot more sense.

Not too expensive maybe $100 for a months supply. Supplements are reversible, in fact they barely do anything short term. HRT can be way more permenant. I suggest you lurk in hrtgen and femgen the OP often have a lot of info about moans.
>>
suicide is the only way.
slice them wrists and take us south
>>
>>7375984

Thanks, I'll read up a bit on it.
>>
>>7375378

Marxists lol.
>>
kill urselves AGP scum
>>
File: 1478163903964.png (451KB, 1907x2074px) Image search: [Google]
1478163903964.png
451KB, 1907x2074px
>>7369429
>>
>>7369429
This was literally me last year, after a year on HRT I feel amazing and all my social anxiety is gone. The way I see it if you're uncomfortable as a man you're uncomfortable as a man so be a woman.
>>7372031
Funny I was desperate for a gf pre-hrt, now I have little interest in women. Sometimes you can conflate genuine interest with simply wanting to reinforce your masculinity.
>>
>>7377652

Nice scientific study, I'm sure. I've been wanting to be a woman even before I knew what sex was.
>>
>>7377656
Yea but what if i'll be uncomfortable as a woman too? Should i get ready to commit sudoku before i start HRT?
>>
>>7378152
Then you'll be comfortable with being an uncomfortable woman.
>>
>>7378228

wasn't me. I don't think I'll be uncomfortable as a woman, desu. Maybe I should start by crossdressing to see how I like it?
>>
File: IMG_4258.jpg (131KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4258.jpg
131KB, 500x667px
>>7377652
>any type of sex or fetish outside of the dynamic of pleasuring and appeasing women is beta
>this is what cucks actually believe
This is the tipping point.
>>
>>7378607

Was more of a sub myself.
>>
I wonder if AA+E works for anxiety/depression whether you are actually trans/have a feminine brain or not
I mean it did for me but then I'd been more or less dysphoric my whole life
>>
>>7378901

What's AA+E?
>>
>>7379172
Antiandrogen+estrogen
Couldve said hrt or hormones I guess lol
>>
>>7379191

Makes sense. It seems bizarre it would cure depression though.
>>
>>7373634
One day you're gonna reach the point where all these feelings either go away, or you'll kill yourself because all they do is get stronger. You can wait or go see a therapist now and bite the bullet of embarrassment. Save some money and go behind their back if it'll make you feel better. That's what I'm doing. I'm on their insurance plan and everything.
>>
>>7369429
Ive had similar shit. Hard to tell if you are depressed cause of repressed transgender issues or the other way around.

Did you have any signs of being trans before depression?
>>
>>7369754
>for a month or so and see if you start feeling any better
>determine if you have a femenized brain
Source on this meme? No significant changes happen in 1 month, it IS placebo, you start to feel better only since you know you are doing something you believe will do you good, it gives you hope.
>>
>>7382331

I don't really know. I've wanted to be a woman a bit before, but I never thought much about it ; only recently has it become a strong desire.
>>
>>7382340

Yeah, probably is placebo. I've never seen a source on this. Might be the opposite, since some people claim being moodier.
>>
You know, the thing with depression is, like. Say you move country or whatever to try and feel better. Because maybe you think you'll feel better if you lived somewhere more sunny or something. But it doesn't work, because the thing about true depression is that it comes with you. You can't get away from it.

So try HRT if you want. See if starting down that road helps. But if you're depressed as a clinical illness then it may well not help at all. Because that's the thing with depression.
>>
>>7385709

I can't go to a clinic atm.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.