[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So,what does LGBT think about contemporary feminism? Not just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1434649169367.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434649169367.gif
32KB, 250x250px
So,what does LGBT think about contemporary feminism? Not just talking about the radfem niche, but instead considering the movement as a whole in the 21st century western world.
>>
>>7367192
Feminism was cool until socia media gave every crazy man hating woman a voice and it became just another meme.
>>
>>7367192

a pointless regression from post-modernism
>>
A real feminism would be appreciated, since there are many places in the world, where women are treated like shit.

Today's "feminism" is caring more about "microaggressions" and "sexism" in video games than women getting raped, stoned and massively oppressed in MUSLIM countries.
>>
A cishet ideology made by cishet women for cishet women, with the pretense that they're helping noncishet women and other lgbt people, but that has been consistently proven as an absolute farce.

And since it is completely irredeemably cishet, it deserves no time or space in lgbt places.
>>
>>7367192
It's a lot better these days in terms of inclusiveness, before it was mostly for white cis-women and now it's much more diverse.
>>
>>7367229

This is the most sarcastic post I have ever read...
>>
I don't care about women or their issues. In first world countries they got it pretty easy so it sounds like a lot of self-indulgent complaining.
>>
>>7367192
>western world

That's the problem, the western world doesn't need it.

Stop putting time/money/effort into dumb shit like "sexism in video games" and "safe spaces" and start focusing on women that are actually being oppressed as we speak.
>>
I'm all for gender equality, but feminism as it currently exists is a movement for radical leftism, so I'm against it.
>>
>>7367192
Right now, just this second, this just happened:

A women had acid thrown in her face because she didn't wear the state approved hat

A woman had rocks thrown at her because she wanted INSERT BASIC NATURAL RIGHT HERE

A lesbian was forcibly raped because she doesn't find men sexually appealing

A transsexual was beat to death because they have a medical condition and are trying to treat it

I don't hear a fucking peep from soft first world feminists about this shot and its why I don't take them seriously. Feminists actually fighting for meaningful change have my respect.

Lick my asshole Sarkeesian.
>>
>>7367192
Basically this >>7367951

I respect feminist who actually fight for women who are under awful circumstances just for being women.

But if you call yourself a feminist and what triggers you the most is that females are not portrayed the way you want in videogames or movies, then you're not only a clown but a shit human being.
>>
Feminists have it wrong since they got women to vote without having to enroll (? The thing where you register as soon as you become an adult, sorry if it's the wrong word English is not my first language) in the military like men do. They can be citizens without it, but if a man doesn't enroll (?) he can't vote or get a job or get basic things he needs to survive.

In that sense I think feminism is fucked up since the beginning, not only recently because radfems and terfs. Also the fact that such a fucked up cult ended up as mainstream in developed countries is scary to me.
>>
>>7367192

Its existence further put me off of women and helped accelerate my decent into permanent homosexuality.
>>
>>7368124
>Feminists have it wrong since they got women to vote without having to enroll (? The thing where you register as soon as you become an adult, sorry if it's the wrong word English is not my first language) in the military like men do. They can be citizens without it, but if a man doesn't enroll (?) he can't vote or get a job or get basic things he needs to survive.
That wasn't really the feminists' fault though, since in the early 20th century having women serve in combat positions was seen by most as outright absurd. And the argument that you have to be draftable to vote is a pretty silly anyway, as men who are physically unfit for military service are still allowed to vote.
>>
>>7368230
Draft, that was the word.
Yes, but being physically fit should not be determining of wether you can vote without being drafted.
>>
>>7368124
Draft being tied to the vote is a myth, in America the draft wasn't officially implemented until the Civil War. The original qualification for voting was property ownership but that was done away with.
>>
>>7368357
Oh well. I guess I have the timeline wrong, I don't really live in America, so I don't really know.

But my point persists. In the present, American women have rights that men don't have. This inequality was pushed by feminists, and it's scary that the government lends an ear to radfems.
>>
Why are people here criticizing feminists that take an issue with the way women are portrayed in our culture? All people here complain about the way LGBT people are represented, too.
>>
>>7368386
>In the present, American women have rights that men don't have

Well, then please elaborate, which rights are those?
>>
>>7368386
>In the present, American women have rights that men don't have.
>unironically believing this
>>
>>7368464
no we dont faggot
>>
>>7368464
>All the people here
citation needed
>>
>>7368464
>All people here complain about the way LGBT people are represented, too.
Most of the complaints are about how the majority of narratives see being LGBT as something weird and alien that transcends the regular human experience, which is both incredibly awkward for an LGBT viewer and inevitably only further contributes to the notion that being non-hetero is an abnormal thing and should be treated as such. It's not necessarily offensive since this sort of "outsider view" isn't directly antagonistic or even mean-spirited, most writers simply don't have the empirical experience and therefore do their best with overly romanticized views of homosexuality and bisexuality, it just shows that there's still an unpleasant distance between how people think being LGBT is and how it really is to be LGBT.

Modern feminism doesn't operate this way. No one around /lgbt/ complains about how the next Red Read Redemption game is homophobic because it doesn't have a homossexual protagonist or how Monty Python is transphobic because it has some crossdressing sketches or how every single artist must specifically cater to their sexuality or otherwise they aren't going to see their film / read their novel / play their game / etc. because they simply don't feel represented. Narrative tropes based on negative social constructs are indeed a problem, but the preoccupation of most 21st century feminists is well beyond fighting those tropes and instead transcends into a pure nitpicking territory where everything can be sociologically decomposed as being inherently muh-soggy-kneesistic.
>>
>>7367209
I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>>7367192

I take issue with some of the ideas being pushed. For example, "teach men not to rape," I think is pushing an incomplete narrative. I think teaching people when they're young about no meaning no and about how to read someone's body language to tell if they are into you or uncomfortable is important and should be instilled in boys AND girls. Women also rape, sexually assault, and sexually harass people and if boys need to be taught no then so do girls.
>>
>>7367192

Put it in the fucking bin.

The basic idea was great, but nowadays it just needs to be put down.

It's like an old dog that keeps pissing itself because it's legs hurt too much for it to make it outside.
>>
>>7369636
Me too.
Which is why feminism should leave at once
>>
>>7368473
>>7368502
Shorter sentences for the same crime (not a "right", but happens)
Get to keep the child in a divorce even if the father is a better option
Get a job and vote without being drafted
Genital integrity when born (no baby circumcisions)
Get to decide parenthood (wether abortion, putting up for adoption or keeping the baby is a decision the father gets no legal say in)
Etc.
>>
>>7367192
>contemporary feminism
Cancer
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.