[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me Ive been self medding (mtf) for a year. I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: superthumb.png (42KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.png
42KB, 300x250px
Please help me

Ive been self medding (mtf) for a year. I wanted to do this officially so I let my supplies run low then made an appointment with a nearby clinic that does informed consent. But the appointment they gave me is in late Januarary. This was back at the start of november.

I figured no big deal, I'll go off my meds for a bit and that'll suck but then I'll be able to do this right. Well I feel awful.

I've never been this unstable and it's not calming down. I cry a lot, I'm light headed, I have no energy and maybe it's in my head but I feel like I'm losing all my progress.

I NEED to get back on my meds, ASAP. Please help out guys, what are my options? I have 2 weeks supply of hrt tucked away. If go into this clinic during a walk in session and tell them I've been self medding and ran out, they'd understand I'm committed to this and just need a prescription right?

I can't wait much longer, this is an awful feeling in every way. I really want to just use what I have but I'd need to know I wouldn't have to go off them immediately after again.
>>
>>7346224
There's nothing they can do about self-medding so there's really no reason not to. Even if it doesn't help you progress through the medical system there's no chance of it hindering anything. They're not the police so they can't punish you for doing it, and they are under legal obligation not to tell the police, if they do it violates doctor-patient confidentiality.
>>
>>7346247
Right, that much I figured. If I go in during a walk in though and bring this up, would it expedite things? Surely they'd understand being taken off hrt is really damaging.
>>
>>7346332
It doesn't always speed things up, depends on the doctor.
Overall though it doesn't matter. They can't stop you from doing it. It either helps or it doesn't, but it doesn't hurt.
It's like an alcoholic asking their doctor for a liver test. Your doctor isn't going to force you into rehab, they'll give you the test and send you on your way.

If they don't give you a prescription you could continue to self med and just ask them to do the appropriate blood tests to make sure you're safe and your levels are good. Even if your doctor has a moral obligation to it there's literally nothing they can legally do to stop you.
>>
>>7346391
So my fastest option is to just order more anyway. Okay, I guess I can do that. The interim period is complete bullshit though.

Roughly how damaging is this to me? Both health wise and from a transitioning pov? I feel terrible and my moods are erratic. Should I take my remaining pills asap or wait until the shipment is 2 weeks away? That's all I have left
>>
>>7346449
You're gonna be fine kid.
I went without for 6 months a couple years ago and gained back all progress eventually. Boobs recovered and continued growing and developing.
>>
>>7346449
Damaging as in what sense? Like do you mean how the medication might affect your health, or do you mean how your health might be affected by going off the meds?

Cause depending on how long you were on meds it might actually be more unhealthy to go off them. If say you were at the point that your testicles were atrophied or otherwise couldn't produce testosterone you'd have similar negative health effects to what menopausal women and eunuch's get which is hot flashes, mood swings, osteoporosis, cardiovascular issues, etc.
>>
>>7346485
Eunuch here, osteoporosis is more a "I'm doing this for decades" kind of thing
Also totally combatable.
But I digress
>>
>>7346497
Well it's preventable sure, but to prevent it you take hormones lol
>>
>>7346472
Excellent, thank you that was a big concern. It took a year to get this much, didn't want to lose em just like that.

>>7346485
Roughly a year. Hot flashes, erratic mood and I've been getting winded lately. If age matters I started when I was 19.
>>
>>7346506
Nope. I get proper amounts of vitamin D, calcium, b vitamins and other nutrients, and also engage in regular load bearing exercise. If it becomes an issue in the future (over 5 years, so far so good, and that's when the bulk of bone density loss occurrs) I can always take osteoporosis prevention/reduction medication, not that it's even that big of a deal. Even without it we have higher life expectancy than intact males.
>>
>>7346522
Well you're not going to die anyway. Nobody has ever died from menopause lol
Chances are it's just your hormones rebounding. Unless your testicles are completely atrophied chances are eventually the erraticness will go away once your body resumes making testosterone. You might not feel as happy though if you noticed estrogen improved your mental health, but many of the other things will go away as you get actual hormones in your system.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.