[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slurs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: gaymeme.jpg (25KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
gaymeme.jpg
25KB, 350x233px
I go to a really liberal school and whenever I call myself or someone else a fag, the entire LGBT community freaks out. I just personally don't think it's that big a deal, but apparently other people do. To me, it's just like other slurs that have been "reclaimed." What you do think? Has anyone had a similar experience?

pic unrelated
>>
I think intention is everything.
>>
>>7329246
I always think the gays that do this are assholes. Fag is pretty much just a slur. I can understand meaning and appropriating the word, I really like the idea of queer as a word, but fag or faggot is something people still use as a slur today.

I'm silently judging you OP but ultimately it doesn't matter.
>>
>>7329316

This kinda, minus the judging.

I don't really have a problem with this, but I still get a little bit of an awkward feeling when gay people use it IRL. I generally avoid it myself, but when other people do it it feels like it kinda still floats in the air for a minute and they're deliberately ignoring that.

But I don't really like "queer" in the current context, either. Maybe it's died down as a buzzword a little bit, but for a while it just turned into a way for cis straight people to dye their hair and identify as a historical slur for the gays and get cheered by errbody.
>>
>>7329246
The word 'faggot' is not going anywhere. It's just too good of a word. It's fun to say, and it rolls off the tongue. If the goal is to eradicate it, we will lose that war, and the spoils of victory will go to our enemies.
>>
>>7329316
I use 'queer' too but plenty of people are bothered by it. I get kind of bothered by 'fag' depending on the cpntext. People disagree on what words are polite. We'll all get along anyway somehow.
>>
Gay guy here. I'm gonna be honest, I say faggot all the time, but I dont like it when others say it. It just makes me uncomfortable, not because it offends me (because I've heard worse), but because it makes me feel like I'm surrounded by people that don't like me and want to hurt me. I'm aware this isnt totally rational, but that's just my two cents. Sometimes, op, it isn't worth it to go on an alt-right crusade just so you can say a couple of syllables. Sure, the sjws that make a huge stink about it are overreacting and I know I can't expect everyone to cater to my feelings, but just consider the silent anxiety you're instilling in people by insisting on behaving in a certain way. Anxiety that you will never have to deal with because you exist as the universally accepted majority.

Everyone just wants to feel safe and accepted. And even outside of this issue, learning how to handle certain situations like this with consideration and appropriate delicacy is a valuable social skill to have. You can't always be a bull in a china shop. People don't work like that.
>>
>>7329316
Spoken like a true fag
>>
I would be ok with someone who's LGBT using that word if I had personally witnessed them crippling for life some straight people for being religious, but every LGBT person I've ever met that used that word falls down and the licks the boots of straight as soon as straight suggest that they might just take away gay rights.

It's less about the word itself, and more about the type of people who use it. Only useless, worthless, evil cowards use it. Someone who's good and decent could say whatever they damn well like.
>>
I use slurs all the time at my school and nobody calls me out because I'm a tranny and I outrank them or something. I wouldn't even care if the slur wasn't "reclaimed". That's a stupid concept and people need to stop literally shaking because of a goddamn word.
>>
>>7330075
Nobody likes that you act straight you dog shit.
>>
>>7330075
What slurs do you use?
>>
>>7330105
Why ask a piece of dog shit a question?
>>
I use the word to describe both myself and others, some of my friends call me a faggot and I'm okay with it because it's in good humour. If someone called me a faggot as a deliberate insult I would take it as such. It's all about context.
>>
>>7329246
>said fag

Most gays or whatever LGBTysoajsoen1819-$/@@ers who get mad at the word fag just being sent into the air, who cares about context, are ugly nasty purple hair fat gay/LGBTers you'd never hang out with anyway. it's literally the only people that get mad at it.
>>
OK I'm bi and I introduce that to people with the phrase "I'm half gay, half normal." The trick is to never give a fuck. Never have at any point in my college career has saying faggot, tranny, dyke, (whatever the fuck slur we have (bi-slut?)) has ever gotten me into an argument. Sure the occasional glare by a big-red here and there but honestly I've come to like them.

The only way to fight this hypersensitivity is to hyper-desensitize. Say faggot, dyke, tranny, spick, nigger, cunt, bitch, chink and words like them as often as possible. Notice how no one on here gets up set if you call them a nigger/faggot? It's not because we all have iron skin, no call a /pol/ack "cuck" a year ago and he'd go apeshit. It's because these words are flung around so much they've lost their meaning here.

So no, I don't have a problem with anyone (gay/bi or normal using those words when not intending to be mean or hateful.
>>
>>7330379
Where do you live?
>>
>>7330379
Cucking yourself to worthless dog shit proves that you don't give a fuck? The fact that straight people are glad you lick their assholes clean and don't argue with you when you cuck yourself to them proves that you've done something good? You fucking retarded worthless dog shit.
>>
>>7330379
People use insults all the time because this is 4chan, it's part of board culture.
>>
>>7330419
Calm down m8 you're going to give yourself an aneurysm.
>>
>>7330462
I've been angry at your kind for decades and it hasn't hurt me yet, I think I'll be fine you dog shit.
>>
>>7330477
Will we ever get rid of Uncle Toms?
>>
File: IMG_8111.gif (26KB, 140x120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8111.gif
26KB, 140x120px
>>7330477
Someone get this fag a dick to suck
>>
>>7330490
Cucks have existed in every group of people in every country in the world at every point in history. No. It's human nature for a large portion of them to be completely worthless.
>>
>>7330477
I'm not even the guy you replied to.
Also despite how little you think being angry harms you, it isn't good for you. Aside from the obvious like high blood pressure and all that, you could use the time you spend getting angry at people online to do literally anything else.

Honestly though, why does it anger you that someone is flippant about their sexuality?
>>
yeah I had someone stop being friends with me because i called people fags

jokes on him I'm gay as fuck

who cares even if you aren't gay it's just a word
>>
>>7330500
I don't give a shit if you're the queen of England. You were acting like dog shit, defending dog shit, so I called you what you are you dog shit.
>>
>>7330535
>I'm not even the guy you replied to.
To say that I was acting like dog shit doesn't make sense as it wasn't me who made that post.
I just wanted to know what about it angers you so much.
>>
>>7330558
I don't give a shit if you exist on three hundred different planes of existence at once. I just hate all people who act like the straight, and so long as you lie and say I shouldn't I'll never give a shit about anything you want.
>>
imo its more the way people say it and the context, tied in with the frequency

if you get offended by somebody using a slur when they're just meming your probably being a faggit
>>
>>7329316
>people don't use queer as a slur

Nigger what?
>>
>>7330419
Kek. You alright there man. You wanna talk about it?. I'm also white and advocating you say nigger. Am I cucking for black people by proxy? And how does taking away the power of hateful people to use specific words "cucking" for them?

Also, thanks for proving my point about thick skin lol.
>>
I call myself a faggot all the time, but I hate the word queer desu

It's the slur of choice over faggot where I live
I hate the tumblr "bi genderqueer translandwhale" and "b-but muh reclamation" crowd
>>
>>7330576
Gay kids are being bullied with the word faggot but you wanna give straight fucks a free pass to use it?
>>
File: tumblr_maz7b4km5H1r3gb3zo1_250.gif (970KB, 215x218px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maz7b4km5H1r3gb3zo1_250.gif
970KB, 215x218px
>>7329246

Here's a song for you that explains it:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kqSpTEfwK7
>>
>>7332882
It cucks itself to the straight. It's probably straight itself. The whole point is to be a worthless pile of shit and evil.
>>
>>7330515
you care when the parents scream it at you while they kick you out
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.