[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: thinker.jpg (123KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.jpg
123KB, 1024x680px
If we isolated what causes gayness and were able to prevent it in utero, would you support this treatment?
>>
>>7324058
Not really anon
>Auguste Rodin's The Thinker will never plow you to completion
why even live?
>>
>>7324069
Why wouldn't you want children to be normal?
>>
I'd rather prevent autism depression anxiety and bipolar.
>>
>>7324072
i dunno dude. I was never anything as a child, there were like signs but i just had a childhood. People just are who they are, i dunno why you wanna fuck with that. Why do you want to cut parts out of LifesRichTapestry.jpg
>>
>>7324077
Read the subject bud. It's a thought experiment I didn't take a position. We actually can't do this and gayness probably isn't 100% genetic.
>>
>>7324080
Fair enough. I just can't think of a single positive to it, and as you say gayness isn't 100% genetics so what would even be the point.
>>
>>7324058
No, because faggotry is only a flaw if you're at risk of extinction
>>
>supporting the extermination of my own kinds
How about no.
Although it would show the hypocrisy of straight people and prove that they're savages and I'm all for proving that.
>>
>>7324058

Yes. Same for trans. There's no real need for it. It's just if someone is like that, they need to be treated courteously, with understanding, and for trans with hormones with no red tape by 14.
>>
>would you go back to a time when men were men and women were women, and people knew who they were supposed to plow
>>
File: 1479840650599.jpg (980KB, 1183x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1479840650599.jpg
980KB, 1183x1180px
>>7325197
>this time ever existed
>>
nah, being gay is pretty great
>>
>>7324058
No, because it limits free will.
>>
>>7324058
No because I think we shouldn't change people's development to suit society's standards of who to sleep with.
>>
>>7324058
Yes. Not that it matters anyway because I doubt straight people are gonna give a shit about the opinion of like 3-5% of the population.
>>
>>7328389
If the assumption of the thought experiment is that the only reason the person is gay in the first place was some hormonal switch in the uterus that you can just turn off, then I'm not sure I would count that as "free will".
>>
>>7324058
Variety is a good thing. I don't want to live in a Gattaca universe full of designer babies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.