[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the Republican Party become more LGBT friendly by electing Trump?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

I've seen many Trump supporters here on /lgbt/ claim this because of his position on LGBT rights and because of the influx of working-class voters he brought to the Party that supposedly don't care as much about LGBT people as the traditional Republican base. Does the rest of /lgbt/ agree with this premise? Will you consider the Republican Party as a valid opinion for you in the future?
>>
File: e845.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
e845.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>7316556
>>
>>7316560
This isn't bait, stupid. I'm curious as to what the rest of /lgbt/ thinks of this.
>>
Obama's administration was working on getting tranny stuff covered by insurance. Trump never would.
>>
>>7316556
He himself is lgbt friendly, arguably with a better record than Clinton had, but the people he is currently surrounding himself with are not.
>>
>>7316556

>>Has the Republican Party become more LGBT friendly by electing Trump?

No.
>>
He's the first president-elect t support gay marriage at the time.
>>
>>7316556
His VP is Mike pence so no
>>
Pence is just so no one will shoot him. VPs do nothing. Trump supports LGBT, but the problem is he's going to want conservative judges on the SC and I doubt there are many that support LGBT.
There's no way Trump cares more about LGBT than getting conservatives on the SC.
>>
>>7316928
Pence as an argument is now a meme. Try harder.
>>
>>7316556
He got Republicans to cheer about protecting LGBT Americans from terrorists. He's taken the hatred that is the result of al-Qaeda and Islamic State's attacks, and turned it into a unifying strategy to build a "new base" for the right focused on national security, social pragmatism and trade protectionism. It looks like a pretty solid formula.
>>
>>7317014
Pence as assassination deterent is the meme. Keep up, senpai.
>>
>>7317235
>He's taken the hatred that is the result of al-Qaeda and Islamic State's attacks, and turned it into a unifying strategy to build a "new base" for the right focused on national security, social pragmatism and trade protectionism. It looks like a pretty solid formula
Right-wing fear-mongering is a time-honored tradition. If you believe ISIS is more of a threat to /lgbt/ people than Americans themselves are, then you're gulping that indoctrination punch
>>
>>7316560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nJ5JwLdU4
Of course Hillary never did anything like this... But what the fuck do I know... AFTER ALL CNN SAID IT'S TRUE THAT HE'S RACIST, TRANSPHOBIC, GAYS, LESBIANS, MISOGYNISTIC, BASICALLY EVERY FUCKING LABEL AND INSULT THE LEFT CAN COME UP WITH WITHOUT ANY PROOF OR BASIS YET HE STILL WON YOU IGNORANT FUCKERS!!!! ALSO:
Hildabeast on gay marriage she lied and flipflopped! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maEvJQBJH4s
>>
>>7317248
It says in their Quran that they have to kill gays.
al-Tirmidhi, Sunan 1:152 - [Muhammad said] Abu Dawud (4448) - "If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death."
Abu Dawud (4462) - The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.".
>but nah it's just made up I totally didn't get this from the Quran their own fucking bible!!!
Stop falling for the propaganda that Muslims are somehow for /lgbt/. They are directly against it and if you think otherwise you are shitting yourself.
>>
File: IMG_0807.jpg (23KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0807.jpg
23KB, 220x293px
>>7316678
>>7316928
>>7317014
It's not just Pence. He also appointed Jeff Sessions, who's voted against pretty much every LGBT protection law passed through court. This hick is going to be our top lawmaker.

And his pick for education secretary, Betsy Devos, supports conversion therapy just like Big Daddy Pence.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>7317689
I am vastly more intelligent and informed than you and probably any poster on this board. Certainly the /pol/ pissers.

You should remove yourself from my presense, as you are unworthy
>>
File: 12256752376.jpg (23KB, 319x321px) Image search: [Google]
12256752376.jpg
23KB, 319x321px
Is that all you have you little bitch?
>>7317748
al-Tirmidhi, Sunan 1:152 - [Muhammad said] "Whoever is found conducting himself in the manner of the people of Lot, kill the doer and the receiver."
Sahih Bukhari (72:774) - "The Prophet cursed effeminate men (those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, 'Turn them out of your houses .' The Prophet turned out such-and-such man, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such woman."
>Meanwhile most Christfags believe if your gay god will judge you
>Meanwhile most Muslims believe if your gay they will kill you
Good. I hope you Muslim huggers all fucking die. I'm sick and tired of you and your PC bullshit that's no more than propaganda to protect peoples feefees.
>>
>>7317793
lol your so brainwashed it's almost sad
>>
>>7318127
lmao the irony
>>
Republicans say they care about LGBT rights so you useful idiots vote for them while they introduce "religious liberty" laws that lets businesses, schools, and hospitals to discriminate against gays and legalize bullying of gay kids in schools.
>>
File: Mike Pence nicknames.jpg (574KB, 1964x3406px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Pence nicknames.jpg
574KB, 1964x3406px
>>7316556
Didn't he get less LGBT voters than Romney did? Plus picking Mike "Electric Fence" Pence as VP doesn't look like he's friendly to the gays. I don't think Trump himself is necessarily anti-gay but he's not pro-gay either and is filling his administration with people who hate LGBT folk even more than most republicans
>>
>>7319644
>>7319209
There's a reason why the national Log Cabin Republicans who endorsed McCain and Romney in 2008 and 2012 respectively, refused to endorse Trump during his 2016 campaign.
>>
>>7317665
Why do Trumpfags add ! to everything they say?
>>
>>7319757
Reminder degenerate fags/trannys like you need to go to shock camps
>>
>>7319800
You first :)
>>
So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the President-Elect has promised to sign the First Amendment Defense Act if it gets passed by Congress. Doesn't that basically legalize lgbt discrimination across the whole US and overwrite any state protections? Because if so I doubt he's lgbt friendly.

>b-but muh religious freedom!
get fucked
>>
>>7316556
My dislike for the GOP was never exclusively about LGBT rights, that was just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

I had some hope that Trump would shake things up and "drain the swamp" but so far judging by his cabinet appointments he's full of shit.
>>
>>7323231
Oh no, no more free money because someone didn't want to bake a cake for a polyamoric man-horse-man wedding! Freedom is dead!
>>
>>7323532
Why do you wanna be discriminated against?
>>
>>7323582
I don't. Using a the law as a hammer to force people to like you isn't the way to not be discriminated against though.
>>
>>7323588
Why don't you want to force Christians do something that goes against their beliefs?
>>
>>7323588
You idiot, stop and fucking think.

This means that, if your boss listens in on a conversation and hears you say "yeah, I'm gay," he can fire you for that and there's nothing you can do about it. This has happened before.

This goes way beyond any stupid fabricated controversy about christian cake bakers. There are still people in this world who think you're an abomination and they will fuck with you arbitrarily if you let them.
>>
>>7323231
A jew shouldn't have to bake nazi cakes you fucking short sided retard.
>>
>>7323643
And you want to work for those people? Fucking dipshit.
>>
>>7323643
You can read the text of the thing you know. It say's nothing like that.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2802
Discrimination is still grounds for a lawsuit, this is a token non-issue measure to just prevent the government from punishing them by changing their taxes, which never happened anyway. It's literally nothing.
>>
>>7316879
>>7317235
>>7316677
If he's picking shithead bigots to run every government position he has the power to appoint then he isn't "LGBT friendly," he was just pretending dummy.

"But he wants to stand up to muslims" isn't a defense. If you're more afraid of goat farmers from the desert than the dozen most powerful individuals in the country you're a fucking idiot.

He held a rainbow flag up once. This is called a lie. Politicians lie to you to get your support. Trump is a politician.
>>
>>7323653
Excuse me Mr. Trust Fund but sometimes I might not have a choice. If your parents didn't buy everything for you you might understand.
>>
>>7323661
This is their first election, they're still learning.
>>
>>7323659
Oh, so it just means the federal government can't take away their tax money if they decide they want to evict me, deny me access to a homeless shelter, or fire me from my job. Reminds me of that time when it was legal to evict black people because of the color of their skin, but no biggie right? Religious freedom is more important.
>>
trump doesn't give a fuck about us. he says some words meant to unify, like when the nightclub shooting happened, but no he's not going to do anything for the LGBT community. quite the opposite.

his supreme court nomination(s) will fuck us over, just like his other lower court appointments will. it's going to be a bleak four years followed by another bleak couple decades or so as we deal with the long-lasting effects of his hard-right appointments.
>>
>>7323659
>Defines "person" as any person regardless of religious affiliation, including corporations and other entities regardless of for-profit or nonprofit status.

So an entire company could decide they don't want to hire gay people, and the government can't take "discriminatory action" against them for it. Sounds like fucking bullshit to me.
>>
>>7317701
Conversion therapy aka brain washing is so fucked up. Something to take up arms against. As the saying goes "give me liberty or give me death."
>>
>>7316556
It's the reverse : Trump became less LGBT friendly because of them.
>>
>>7317248
>>7323661
Clinton and Obama have been supporting al-Qaeda terrorists in Syria against Assad's government for Cold War bullshit reasons. They lied to us about these terrorists, presenting them as democratic freedom fighters. Trump is standing up to radical Islam. If you can't see the importance of that to American LGBT people after Orlando, idk how to explain it to you.
>>
>>7327446
What is Trump's plan to defeat radical Islam?
>>
>>7327461
Haven't you heard? We're teaming up with Ivan and going full 1944 on Mohammeds.
>>
>>7316556
Maybe. He's shown LGBT positive shit, but the conservatives he surrounds himself with don't have spotless track records. Really though I think we'll see, at worst, laws for religious people to enact their beliefs more strongly and have choice on matters without being shut down.

And speaking as a faggot who was raised by parents who didn't reject me but didn't let me go out and club and get all wrapped up in identity politics crap, it's the best solution. You live in 2016 America and the laws of legal court control over us is over, go care about bigger issues than whether or not you can flash mob a mom and pop shot looking for poz. Private enterprises can and should make their own decisions because they are private organizations. I don't have to support them in return, and their business can suffer for it. I don't need to run to GOVERNMENT DADDY YAASSS like a fucking queen to just not care about this mess.

At worst he could do is appoint supreme court justices that repeal Obergefell v. Hodges, and that returns it to a matter of the states. Which in TURN means big losses for whatever midterm or national election that follows because now you've galvanized a bunch of red states' minority voters to regain what they've had defacto for at least two years, since justice appointments would require tipping the balance following the death or retirement of more judges. It would be a phyrric victory, have the states re-decide to go gay marriage again, and then it means nothing. So it's not realistically going to happen.

The sodomy laws are repealed, gay marriage is legal, legal bans are gone, why the fuck would you now demand people accept your paradigm when you just shook off theirs? Be the better man and go find another place to live or work, if you have the skills to do so. And if you don't well who fucking cares.
>>
>>7316677
Anyone who hasn't actually done anything against the LGBT community has a better record than Clinton. By done I mean has attempted to pass something anti-LGBT, physically attacked someone for being LGBT, or anything else that isn't tweeting or talking.
>>
File: 137493728483.gif (3MB, 320x215px) Image search: [Google]
137493728483.gif
3MB, 320x215px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq5YTKmjR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vev-OzHQy94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr7d1sTDNts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isiS-H4mtkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3ho6yZGV8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPd1b9OHOKs
>I'm with them
Surely radical islam is the only threat to lgbt. Surely it isn't islam as a whole.
>>
>>7328247
>Be the better man and go find another place to live or work, if you have the skills to do so

lol fuck off. I want retribution and make their lives worse.
>>
>>7328247
>Private enterprises can and should make their own decisions because they are private organizations

So by your logic if a private organization says they don't want to hire black people, that's their decision and the gov't shouldn't be allowed to tell them no. Interesting.
>>
>>7328892
Race is a protected class anon.
http://us.practicallaw.com/5-501-5857
>>
>>7328247
>Which in TURN means big losses for whatever midterm or national election that follows because now you've galvanized a bunch of red states' minority voters to regain what they've had defacto for at least two years
Yeah, because donald trump totally didn't blow through supposed "blue states and swing states" that were supposed to be tough, yet he mopped them up.
>>
>>7328922
Exactly, so what is so different between being black and being gay? Why can't gay people enjoy the same protections as black people?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.