[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /lgbt/'s thoughts on Christianity and its adherents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

Pls be sincere
>>
They will generally love you, pray for you, think your sex life is sinful but hate the sin not the sinner.. Usually the worst they will do is not want to bake a gay cake for you. Muslims will chop your head off with a chainsaw, light you on fire and throw you off a building. The right has Christians, the left wants to import countless Muslims, who reproduce at an alarming rate.

Basically the worst you can say about Christians nowadays is that they are a lesser evil. Better to be mildly inconvenienced by finding someone else to bake your cake than to be hunted down and murdered in the street like a dog.
>>
>>7316441
Do you think Christians should have the right to refuse service to gay people?
>>
>>7316467
Yall act like Christianity is the only religion. I'm sure if those fags went to a Jewish/Mormon/LDS/Catholic bakery they woulda done the same damn thing. Stop marginalizing Christians.
>>
>>7316483
Three of those you listed still count as Christians, Einstein and it doesn't even address my question.
>>
>>7316494
No, they are different from Christianity. Different beliefs =/= Same Religion.
>>
>>7316506
>he's one of those Baptists
back to /pol/, shoo,shoo.
Was the Bakery even a Protestant thing? I thought it was Catholic.
>>
>>7316494
And for your question, in order for it not to be discrimination it would have to be applied for all people who want their service. Like no shirts no service. No money no service.
>>
>>7316515
Not even remotely religious boo. Nice try.
>>
>>7316506
Do you realize that Catholicism and LDS fall under the subsets of Christianity, right?
>>
>>7316527
You can say that Christianity and Islam are both abrahamic faiths but are they alike? Fuck. No.
>>
>>7316519
>in order for it not to be discrimination it would have to be applied for all people who want their service.

What?
>>
>>7316535
"The answer is that you can refuse to serve someone even if they’re in a protected group, but the refusal can’t be arbitrary and you can’t apply it to just one group of people.

To avoid being arbitrary, there must be a reason for refusing service and you must be consistent. There could be a dress code to maintain a sense of decorum, or fire code restrictions on how many people can be in your place of business at one time, or a policy related to the health and safety of your customers and employees. But you can’t just randomly refuse service to someone because you don’t like the way they look or dress.

Second, you must apply your policy to everyone. For example, you can’t turn away a black person who’s not wearing a tie and then let in a tieless white man. You also can’t have a policy that sounds like it applies to everyone but really just excludes one particular group of people. So, for example, a policy against wearing headscarves in a restaurant would probably be discriminatory against Muslims."
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-right-to-refuse-service-can-a-business-refuse-service-to-someone-because-of-appearance
>>
>>7316550
Okay, so I've taken you're against religious people being allowed to refuse service based on their beliefs?
>>
>>7316574
Yes however I don't see it as a big issue.
>>
Religion is no longer needed on developed countries at leaat. I don't want to sound like an edgy teenager but god is dead, and christians killed him. No one loves by christians values any more because they are just too outdated. The Vatican is changing interpretations of the Bible every few weeks to try to keep up with the real world but it's just not possible anymore.

Christianity is just like an old dog that kept company to the human race for a long time, was useful once, but now it's just ready to be put to rest
>>
>>7316467
Yes.
>>
>>7316686
Why? Are you LGBT?
>>
>>7316710
1. Because if someone is offering a service of their own free will you don't have any legitimate excuse or authority to force them to offer you that service. People should be able to make their own choices in all areas of life. You should be able to date who you want, talk to who you want, ignore who you want, practice any or no religion, sell from who you want, buy from who you want, etc.
>>
>>7316740
2. Yes.
>>
I'm suspicious of Christians like I am suspicious of all religious people. By saying you are Christian you are claiming some pretty wild bullshit beliefs and preposterous worldviews that are incompatible with mine.

Either you believe what's in your books, which is ludicrous, or you don't, but pretend to be religious anyways (for convenience I guess).

Either way, stay away from me.
>>
>>7316774
>Stay away from me! I just want to be left alone!
>But don't you dare not bake gay cakes for me!
>>
>>7316789

I don't want bigot cakes anyways.
>>
>>7316794
Great! I wish more gays thought like you.
>>
>>7316397
I love Christian Bale's early work the best.
>>
>>7316800

My gay dollars work anywhere. But I would absolutely publicly shame religious homophobes who refused to serve me on religious grounds. Religious bias should not be protected.
>>
>>7316740
What would you if someone refused service to you for being LGBT?
>>
>>7316617
>Religion is no longer needed on developed countries at leaat

I wouldn't say religion as a whole is dead but organized religion is certainly dying or simply outdated. However, I think the average person is always going to need some sense of spirituality or religion in their lives. I don't know if I believe in god, but I do believe humans have a need to reach out, understand, or try to connect with what is beyond the physical world. At the very least, they need some kind of higher order or system.
>>
>>7316820
I would go somewhere else. Most companies in most parts of the US prioritize their need to make a profit, they don't really give a shit who is paying them as long as their money is green. Bigoted businesses limit their customer base and so they would generally be less successful.
>>
>>7316853
>I think the average person is always going to need some sense of spirituality or religion in their lives.

Really? Why? Do you feel this need yourself? I don't.
>>
File: Jeanne_d'Arc_-_Panthéon_II.jpg (2MB, 1230x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne_d'Arc_-_Panthéon_II.jpg
2MB, 1230x1668px
I'm a bi MtF. I recently converted to Christianity. I grew up with hardline atheist parents, who literally had Dawkins on the coffee table. They mocked religion openly throughout my childhood. I grew up a militant atheist, but now I'm a pretty laid-back Christian. It's comforting, but I'm in the awkward position of not fitting in in any church. The ones that exist are either too liberal and loosey-goosey with it or too conservative and fundy with it. I just read the New Testament a lot and look at other records of Jesus's life, and I don't really recognize most of the Old Test. . I believe everyone except the most wicked (like Hitler and Jeffery Dahmer) go to the Kingdom of Heaven after they die, for God saves our everlasting souls from wandering the void aimlessly or being dragged into the pit of Hell by demonic entities that are further-corrupted forms of wicked souls that went to Hell. But yeah, your average Joe or Jane, regardless of their religious beliefs, is going to Heaven in my opinion, not just those who keep their Faith. I try to pray every day because it's comforting, although sometimes during depressive episodes when I lay in bed for days or when I'm really dysphoric, my faith is shaken and I neglect my prayers. But I do my best to keep my connection with God open. Like the Puritans, I think every soul on Earth has a personal connection with God and that we all can feel Him if we embrace our faith. I say "Him" mostly for convenience, though, because I think God is beyond genders and probably beyond mortal comprehension in his true form, just like angels. I mostly keep my beliefs and my faith to myself, though, because I think proselytizing or evangelism are wrong and that people should be free to do as they please so long as they don't hurt others. When God created the universe and let it evolve from there, there were no laws or codes. When humans evolved, we were just animals who were wild and free. Liberty is the closest thing we have to God now.
>>
>>7316866
this....I respect those who want not to serve, because its not just "being mean", its REFUSING MONEY, to do so....though sometimes this is to make money, like keeping fags out of bars.
>>
File: 1474646232098.jpg (143KB, 1600x669px) Image search: [Google]
1474646232098.jpg
143KB, 1600x669px
>>7316883
I'm not that poster (I'm >>7317121), but some people need spirituality in their lives to keep it together. Some don't, and that's okay too. Religion is okay if it's not hurting people, in my opinion. You are right that a lot of the old texts and scriptures of various religions are outdated in today's times. Anybody who takes the Old Testament seriously and actually lives by it freaks me out, honestly, but I think they should be allowed to believe as they please. If we kept Neo-Nazi idiots from speaking, then nobody would be truly free. As for the religious businesses denying cakes or whatever issue, they should be able to, because they should be allowed to make whatever legal choices they choose with their business. I can respect if someone doesn't want to serve me for who I am, even though I will resent it. It's really their loss, honestly, because my money is as good as anybody's else's.
>>
They're typically crazy and it's good to be wary of them.
But as long as they aren't trying to convert me or shove their religion in my face, and as long as they aren't against LGBT rights, then I don't really have a problem with their nonsense.
>>
You guys are being a bit ridiculous with your religious = crazy thing. The majority of the world is religious, is the majority of the world crazy? Craziness is not just any old irrationality, it's maladaptive beliefs. Religion is the opposite, people hold on to those beliefs to adapt to and fit in to a cohesive group, reinforce values, have friends and fellowship, have a greater purpose outside of their own self-interest, etc.
>>
I honestly wish I could have religion in my life, but just can't believe. I also don't have the time to read any holy texts. A little sad.
>>
>>7316866
>>7317160
>>7317207

I bet if any of you fags were actually refused service for being a homo you'd go nuts.
>>
>>7317292
time to post on 4chan, but not read the bible? bs
>>
>>7317277
>The majority of the world is religious, is the majority of the world crazy

It's not exactly as if the majority of the world is lgbt friendly lol
>>
>>7317292
>I also don't have the time to read any holy texts

You're not missing much.
>>
File: 1472440449988.gif (494KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472440449988.gif
494KB, 480x270px
>>7317324
I would shit on them. I would tell others that they refused service to me. That would be entirely within my rights just as them refusing service should be within theirs.
>>
>>7317328
Reading holy books requires effort and thought. Shitposting is effortless and thoughtless.
>>
>>7317356
so is being a tard.

nothing good is effortless.
>>
>>7317361
4chan is fun. The Bible isn't. My retarded time on 4chan is the only time I have to unwind. If I replaced that with Bible reading I'd be very unhappy.
>>
>>7317372
You can't really say this if you've never tried...take 15 minutes tonight, read through proverbs...good stuff. very easy stuff to jump into too.
>>
>>7317324
Most places aren't even gonna know you're gay in the first place unless you're a limp wristed swishing lisping fairy who feels the need to make a spectacle of yourself. The wedding cake thing is one of the few things that they would know you're gay from and I'm pretty sure it's easy to find a pro-gay bakery if you want to.
>>
>>7317330
That's true. I don't defend the anti-gay thing but it probably came about in most religions because they were focused on increasing their in-groups population for survival and since gay pairings didn't produce children they were seen as a liability. In the Bible for example pretty much any form of sex/masturbation that doesn't result in jizz going in a vagoo was deemed sinful. Of course we know now that gay people have no choice about their orientation and they can contribute in other ways than having children, and also the earth is overpopulated. So hopefully religion will eventually adapt to that new information.
>>
>>7317414
nevermind aids, anal polyps, anal cancer, hepititus, rectal damage, fecal consumption from anal licking, ect....
>>
>>7317414
Religious based shirt design company. Customer wants "666, upside down cross, Satan, etc" on it. The company deserves the right to say no I'm not comfortable with that and deny service.
>>
>>7316397
literally a cishet invention contrary to and opposing of my existence.
>>
>>7317861
LOL
is this board containment for tumblrs
>>
>>7317954
It's completely true though.
>>
>>7317954
>it's le Tumblr maymay argument

Go back to the Christfag General on /pol
>>
>>7317861
not your existence faggot, just your bad habit.
>>
File: 133829_re.jpg (152KB, 1312x713px) Image search: [Google]
133829_re.jpg
152KB, 1312x713px
>>7316467
damn straight bud, im a gay Canadian btw
>>
>>7316467
they should have the right to refuse service to anyone they want for whatever reason they want, they're the ones baking the fucking cake
>>
>>7319818
>just your bad habit.
>just wanting to live a peaceful quiet life is a bad habit
alright.
>>
File: f9a76aaf9a5f942d8c9f2f0848c0e69b.jpg (288KB, 1425x967px) Image search: [Google]
f9a76aaf9a5f942d8c9f2f0848c0e69b.jpg
288KB, 1425x967px
>>7317121
God bless you
>>
File: Religion-vs-cult.jpg (25KB, 457x395px) Image search: [Google]
Religion-vs-cult.jpg
25KB, 457x395px
>>7316397
religion is a brainwashing tool
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.