[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work LGBTQ group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

Hi /LGBT/, the only transgender individual at work left our LGBTQ group because she refuses to take part in a group that promotes intersectionality in the workplace.

What are some arguments I can use to get her back, she thinks it's about driving people apart rather than bringing then together, how can she disagree with pointing out peoples privilege?

So yeah, anyone k ow what I can say s to her, of court shes white....
>>
>>7279303
>What I can say to her, of course she's white...

I dislike my iPhones keyboard
>>
No one? We really need her to rejoin as the managers won't like it if the only transgender lady refuses to be cooperative

:(
>>
File: IMG_8077.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8077.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>
>>7279303
>SJWs driving real oppressed people away with their PC bullshit
not the first time, OP.
>>
File: safeschools-thumb-300x232-18526.jpg (106KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
safeschools-thumb-300x232-18526.jpg
106KB, 300x232px
>>7279494
Where not trying touch her away though, we think it's important to educate people on how intersectionality affects people like her.

She even got the shits when we put forward that we should distribute safe schools materials in the workplace.

I was just hoping people here had experienced this before and what they did to effectively educate the LGBTQ people around them about these issues.
>>
What the fuck is intersectionality?
>>
>>7279554
being black and trans -- real grim reaper shit
>>
>>7279303
>>7279316
>>7279412
Hello sir or madam,

I believe you have come to the wrong place. Please return from whence you came, which I may hazard a guess is reddit or tumblr. As for your question, playing the blame game for social ills simply might not be your coworker's cup of tea, however much that pastime might appeal to you. I apologize if I have assumed wrongly in that regard, I simply inferred as much from your confusion as to why anyone would find such an activity repugnant as well as your enthusiasm in emphasizing race as a factor. In any case, please cease your posting and promptly leave.

However, if in fact you are a troll, you have bested me by playing the old "I was merely pretending to be retarded." Well done.
>>
File: images(6).jpg (51KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
51KB, 639x480px
>>7279554
It's 2016, it's not hard to educate yourself.

If your LGBTQ you should already know it.

http://www.equality-network.org/our-work/intersectional/
>>
File: 1447476234150.png (129KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1447476234150.png
129KB, 308x308px
>>7279303
>>
>>7279584
I don't understand, we aren't blaming people we are just point out who has been unfairly promoted socially.

She has pointed out that she has never experienced discrimination in the work place and thinks it's unfair to go looking for it, I have catalogued over 20 instances of people abusing their privilege in the workplace. People where venue mean to her initially bit she shares it off as people just need time, it's sad that she doesn't know her rights!

Also so what if I have a Tumblr, I was told to come here if I wanted to stay anonymous, she's good with the internet and I'm afraid she will find this post, she's a network administratior where I am.
>>
>>7279633
>I was told to come here if I wanted to stay anonymous

If you are indeed sincere, I am sorry to inform you that whoever redirected you here did so in jest, most likely because you were an annoyance to them and they wanted to wash their hands of you. Goodbye.
>>
>>7279442
>>7279600
What's with the fish?
>>
>>7279657
So it's not anonymous?

Please it's anonymous isn't it, isn't this where the hackers hang out?
>>
File: 1459699976580.webm (1014KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1459699976580.webm
1014KB, 1280x544px
>>7279659
>>
File: IMG_8078.jpg (87KB, 622x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8078.jpg
87KB, 622x466px
>>7279659
>What's with the fish?
>the fish
>FISH
>...FISH
>>
>>7279797
I don't get it
>>
>>7279541
you don't know our issues better than we do. go fuck yourself
>>
File: LGBTClimateinPhysicsReport_2.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
LGBTClimateinPhysicsReport_2.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
>>7279896
Im sorry I do t think that's exactly fair, I am doing a graduate degree as Parton my employment, I elected to to gender studies as part of that. I have had a wide education in all the issues that are affecting the LGBTQ community.

We learnt it's important to educate and help people understand the systems of oppression they face in day to day life. As well as fighting tries systems of oppression by applying intersectionality in our day to day lives

That's why I started my works LGBTQ group and got the transgender lady to attend, to show people that their bigoted views are no longer accepted.

If you don't understand that I am doing it for people like you than I guess it's worse than my gender studies professor was letting on.

This is really depressing.
>>
Maybe your behaviour is too aggressive and it isn't just what you are saying but how you are saying it that is driving LGBT people away from your group. If you can't make an LGBT group comfortable for LGBT people then you should look at your goals and how you aim to achieve them as well as what and how you are currently doing could be improved.
>>
>>7279303
That's really funny OP, hahaha. Or at least i sure as hell hope that's just a bait because idea of /pol/ being right again kind of terrifies me.
>>
I'm
>>7279998

>>7279974

>If you don't understand that I am doing it for people like you than I guess it's worse than my gender studies professor was letting on.

saying this makes you sound like you think you know better than LGBT people about LGBT issues. If you give off that impression in person too then that could also be why you are driving LGBT people away.
>>
>>7279974
Cis people like you who obsess over this gender nonsense do nothing at all to help actual trans people. You only do harm. You do NOT know how it feels to actually be oppressed, so you have no place in "educating" the very people who are marginalized in our society.
>>
>>7279633
Yeah, how dare they abuse their privilege with heinous acts such as mansplaining.
>>
>>7279974
>tfw gay and not oppressed by any means
:)
>>
File: genderunicornsmall1.jpg (198KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
genderunicornsmall1.jpg
198KB, 900x678px
>>7280007

Well maybe that's why we need to be so aggressive, because you are not aggressive enough, we need to fight and stop the CIS white hetro normative agenda in workplaces, government and schools.

The world is run for CIS white hetro men, and we need to show the world urgently that they are not that majority, people are generally at least a little trans or a little gay, we need to let kids explore themselves and changing as many peoples minds as we can.

>>7280009

Well I am partly trans, my professor explained that gender is a sliding spectrum, and that no one is one one side or the other completely, in my case I am not totally male or female, the Transgedner Lady at work said its not how it works and got the shits again when I showed her my textbook that described it.

These are proven scientific principles in textbooks taught at a graduate level, its not a joke. We use the gender unicorn to represent it.

>>7280006

Isn't pol the one of Donald Trumps hate groups?
>>
>>7280140
Please do 4chan a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>7280140
gender is not a spectrum. Gender studies is not a science. you are NOT trans and you don't represent us.
>>
File: baithammer40k.jpg (60KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
baithammer40k.jpg
60KB, 680x649px
>>7280140
>Well I am partly trans
do you experience dysphoria or not?

>Isn't pol the one of Donald Trumps hate groups?
okay, i'll admit it, you got me
>>
>>7280154
>>7280171
You don't NEED dysphoria to be trans, that is a scientific fact. On top of that everyone’s experience of dysphoria is different.

Everyday feminism has a good article on it
https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/these-5-myths-about-body-dysphoria-in-trans-folks-are-super-common-but-also-super-wrong/

Also gender studies is a social SCIENCE, thus it is a science, just look at Harvard's website

http://www.hup.harvard.edu/results-list.php?hcid=42
>>
>>7280205
>Ultimately, being transgender is not about our bodies, as much as it’s about how strongly we identify with societally created gender categories.
What a load of bullshit. No wonder the only trans person doesn't want to be associated with you
>>
File: 1479810000126.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479810000126.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
>>
>>7280217
If They aren't societally created then what are they, its bee accepted that they are societally created for decades.

>>7280223
I still dont get the fish,
>>
>>7280140
>cis in capitals
bait confirmed
pretty sad, you were almost convincing before that and i'm apparently one of five or so people who can tell the difference between trolls and actual tumblrites
here's some advice, cis isn't an acronym or something, it's a latin term that is the opposite of trans ('on the same side' rather than 'across') and has been used in chemistry for centuries, it is not in capital letters. someone who was a gender studies student would know this.
also, the kind of person you're describing wouldn't identify as 'partly trans'. 'nonbinary girl', 'demigirl', and 'genderfluid' are more realistic possibilities.
6/10, better than almost all trolls but still shit
>>
>>7280269
Ah well, it was close, and hey 6/10 ain't bad considering this was my first troll in years..

I actually did go through this at work recently and I was pretty bored.

>also, the kind of person you're describing wouldn't identify as 'partly trans'. 'nonbinary girl', 'demigirl', and 'genderfluid' are more realistic possibilities.

I know, but keeping it open to interpretation makes it more believable IMO, I was trying to go for the condescending angle.

Still, that was fun.
>>
>>7280286
>I know, but keeping it open to interpretation makes it more believable IMO, I was trying to go for the condescending angle
you also had the wrong language use to be condescending
most trolls are really shit because they don't actually know the culture they're making fun of
i ran a troll blog for a couple years after being deeply involved in that community for several years and still got called out as a troll by enough people to know i was shit at it, and i was easily better than 99.9999999999% of people who try
if you want a really extreme to the point of being able to invoke poe's law example of the attitude here, look at milo stewart -- she should be what you emulate when trolling, but not just her surface attitudes. her whole way of thinking and displaying herself is archetypal of the kind of person you're emulating here, and that's much more important than the politics.
>>
>>7280304
Ah yes Milo, I swear there an older Milo working with me, but she dose not dare call herself trans in my vicinity.

I couldn't do the whole display thing, I think I'd just shoot myself first.
>>
What terrifies me the most is that there are people out there who arent trolling and really believe this shit.
>>
Do you think that she doesn't like feminism because of the way feminism has historically denied the rights of trans women? Do you think she doesn't like intersectionality because intersectionality is a way for white feminism to pretend it cares about other groups but continue to only advocate for white women?
>>
>Cis white male bullshit

How old are you?
>>
I'm enjoying this bait. The setup is cliche but the execution is so sincere that I find it fascinating.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.