[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious questions for a novel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 15041__4533.jpg (93KB, 550x629px) Image search: [Google]
15041__4533.jpg
93KB, 550x629px
Alright good people, I hope you don't mind a writer-wannabe trying to collect some data for a fascinating character inspired by well… lots of things.

I'll appreciate any answer or link to something that would give me a better understanding of this subject.

Anyway, all the questions are related to a male to female transition and my apologies if my questions are rude, it's really not my intention. (Also, English isn't my first language...)

I tried to do some research on my own and found too much questionable/contradicting stuff, so, if this questions seem weird... it's pretty much because of that. (Anecdotical stuff is welcome too)

Concerning the body:
1- Is it correct that the early the transition starts, the better the "results" are?
2- Assuming a well controlled and “perfect” transition without surgery, is it possible to achieve "indiscernible" results? (Think all the female physical characteristics outside of the reproductive organs and mammary glands)
3- Is it correct that the male reproductive organ may suffer from atrophy (or at least a severe erectile dysfunction) after a prolonged period of hormone treatment?
4- Is it correct that hormone treatment comes with serious health hazards that may lower, considerably, the life expectancy of those that are under it? If that's the case, what are the common health issues knows?
5- Is it correct that the current hormone treatments have varying degrees of success on the individual? (In some it may do wonders, in others... not so much)
6- Is it correct that some hormone therapies may have serious, (near) instant health complications on some individuals?

Cont...
>>
>>7279068

Continued...

Concerning the mind:
7- Is it possible to change the sexual orientation of an individual? To be more specific, from homosexual or straight to bisexual?
8- This one is weird as hell and I really don't want to explain it too much because it can give too much, so let's go for this: if a prepubescent individual is "transitioned" (Sorry don't have a better word), do you think it is possible to make them accept their new body? (Assume this person receives competent help to do so)
9- Another weird one, specially since I should be able to answer it, but I really don’t know how valid my own position is: How (un)desirable is for a straight man to have sex with a trasgender individual? Please asume that trasgender individual is an attractive woman.

Concerning History:
10- How old are hormone replacement therapies?
11- Do we have any records of how Transgender individuals were 100+, 200, etc. years ago?
12- Do we know of any ancient methods used by Transgender individuals?
13- Do we know of any famous (suspected or not) transgender individuals?
>>
>>7279068
>1- Is it correct that the early the transition starts, the better the "results" are?
generally, yes. some people just have better genetics than others too.
>2- Assuming a well controlled and “perfect” transition without surgery, is it possible to achieve "indiscernible" results? (Think all the female physical characteristics outside of the reproductive organs and mammary glands)
yes. google kim petras for example
>3- Is it correct that the male reproductive organ may suffer from atrophy (or at least a severe erectile dysfunction) after a prolonged period of hormone treatment?
yeah this is almost certain
>4- Is it correct that hormone treatment comes with serious health hazards that may lower, considerably, the life expectancy of those that are under it? If that's the case, what are the common health issues knows?
not that i know of, although their probably isnt a lot of data out there.
>5- Is it correct that the current hormone treatments have varying degrees of success on the individual? (In some it may do wonders, in others... not so much)
yep. genetics.
>6- Is it correct that some hormone therapies may have serious, (near) instant health complications on some individuals?
not that i've heard of
>>
>>7279119

Thank you for the answers, friend.

Oh well, I think I'll bump this later or try again tomorrow.
>>
Ah, sorry for the blatant bump.

But I would love more help!
>>
8. Do you mean a kid being transitioned despite not being transgender? That won't go well, look up David Reimer for a famous example. Most prominent detransitioners are people who were never trans to begin with, and suffered as a result of transitioning. Doing that will basically put you through what trans people go through when they're unable to transition.

Put very simply, everyone has a brain-sex. Trans people's brain-sex is at odds with their body-sex, which causes gender dysphoria (the distress/depression that is alleviated by transition).
A cis person (ie, a not-trans person) still has that brain-sex, it just aligns properly with their body-sex. So if you change their body-sex, they'll start to suffer similar distress to what trans people are born with, because the brain and body are forcibly unlinked.
>>
>>7284412

Correct: transitioned individual that is not transgender.

I was asking for something I was reading concerning some infamous individuals with a low reputation among the trans communities (or at least some) and the studies of another not well liked but famous psychiatrist.

Anyway, the basic idea is that some individuals may "identify" themselves as transexuals while in reality they do not suffer from gender dysphoria and their motivations for a transition follow different routes than the ones known.

To expand this idea, the character in the novel would be "accommodated" to his new body in this way.

To be honest, this subject seems to be VERY sensitive and debated... and of course, with plenty of misinformation. (However, any additional info is more than welcome!)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.