[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autogynephilia : is there a "cure" ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: buffalo-bill-340x300.jpg (45KB, 340x300px) Image search: [Google]
buffalo-bill-340x300.jpg
45KB, 340x300px
Are we supposed to indulge in our impulses and fetish ? Or can we somehow redirect our sexual energy towards vanilla sex in order to reproduce?

Has anyone ever tried and what is the current state of the research on the subject?
>>
Transitioning cures it.
>>
Autogynephilia is a trouble of the mind, so there should be a psychological solution to it.

To cure the mind I'd want to act only on a mind-level, not on a physical level.
>>
>>7265061
ive found that a lot of kinks have some sort of tie into repression. for example, fetishizing abuse or ageplay cause youre afraid to be a patriarchal hetero normie instead of a progressive special snowflake ultra-kinsey bi hippie like all your peers. or fetishizing powerplay cause you have severe anxiety and doms make you feel safe.

agp tend to feel shame over being male in some way or shame over liking ~girly~ things and therefore can only get hard if they imagine themselves as women. but it could be more complicated than that.

i guess what im trying to say, is to try to resolve the AGP you need to resolve some other issue in your life instead. but you have to find the root first. do some meditation. learn mindfulness. ask your feelings "why" when they happen.
>>
>>7265061
Weed helped me immensely with my AGP induced dysphoria. I don't have to walk around high all the time, just need to smoke a bowl errryday. Engrossing myself in video games helps too.

Reading TERF or trans skeptical shit and /LGBT helped to scare me away from transition.

I don't truly know if I'd have problems with Vanilla sex. I never have sex or girlfriends. I do notice that I have a low sex drive these days although I'm still quite attracted to women.

>>7267639
The problem with AGP is that it might be exactly what Blanchard says it is, inverted heterosexuality. Although there could be other psychological issues mixed in with it.
>>
>>7268154
Have you ever read "Nevada"?
>>
>>7268154
>The problem with AGP is that it might be exactly what Blanchard says it is, inverted heterosexuality
If we're being honest then lets just agree here and now that even though Blanchard was an asshole he was right in that trans people consist of straight men with a fetish and femme gay men.

The whole trans thing is just subsets of other conditions.
>>
I dont want to express judgment on other people's condition, but, speaking only of myself, I have to say that Blanchard's description of autogynephilia describes me better.

I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body. I feel like a man. But I'm excited at the idea of myself as a woman, in fact it's probably the first sexual fantasy I can remember having at around 13.

I've had girlfriends, had sex with them, no problem getting an erection and keepîng it, but would take forever to come. I think the average sex was an important part of why previous relationships failed. When masturbating to an autogynephile fantasy, I can come in a few minutes.

What I'd like to do is to somehow channel the same arousal that I'm getting from autogynephilia towards normal sex. It is time and energy-consuming to find a good girlfriend and sad when it all fails because of a sexual, psychological problem.
>>
>>7267639
> agp tend to feel shame
you are right that it is linked to shame. if it wasn't taboo or degrading for a man to feminize himself, by epilating or wearing heels or makeup, it would not be arousing, in my opinion.

there is also the idea of being weak and powerless, as a female, and therefore being able to let go (=come) with no responsibility.
>>
>>7268154
> inverted heterosexuality
googled it but did not find anything. care to explain?
>>
>>7272110
What would you like your girlfriend to do? What is a good gorlfriend to you?
>>
>>7265061
yep, there is
>>
>>7272199
probably just means inwardly focused heterosexuality. also see erotic target location error
>>
>>7272199
>be attracted to women
>be slightly autoerotic, like everyone
>autoerotica and gynephilia get mixed up and turn into overwhelming autogynephilia
it's the only agp etiology that makes much sense to me by occam's razor, given other etiologies claim that trans-agp and cis-agp (which are completely indistinguishable until, on average, age 40) are completely different sexualities
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.