[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the average life expectancy of mtfs if we include suicide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>>
>>7253336
>>
>with suicide
>without suicide
36 after long battle with AIDS
>>
>>7253336
we have no idea
we know agps are more likely to commit suicide and agps generally transition in midlife (not because of birth year memes but because agp has a progressive course and takes time to end in dysphoria)
the average age of agp transition is ~45, so we can expect the average age of suicide is there or a little younger
past that, trans women do not appear to have a greatly increased health risk over cis women, with the only potential increase found being in deep vein thrombosis
so the average trans female lifespan should only be somewhat shorter than the average cis female one
>>
>>7253336
This assertion that women live longer than men is stupid. I mean the only reason why they do live longer is because they never take a risk in life and just "ride it out" while men are constantly sent to wars and killed by other men.

If men were allowed to sit on their asses all day while eating bonbons and "taking it easy" they would probably live as long as women.
>>
>>7253336
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/01/162100680/no-more-lying-law-bolsters-transgender-argentines

>Psychologist Graciela Balestra, who works closely with the transgender community, says it's an especially vulnerable population.

>"Transgender people have an average life expectancy of about 30 to 32 years," Balestra says. "They don't live any longer; I think that statistic alone says so much."

>Balestra says that they are often kicked out of their homes as teenagers and don't complete school, and that some use risky homemade remedies to change their bodies, when hormones and surgeries aren't available.
>>
>>7253587
Just 4 more years before it's finally over. Yay!
>>
>>7253587
Sounds like that's in Argentina, were that's not surprising, due to bigots.
>>
>>7253336
Low. Probably depends on when they transition.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.