[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you recognize gender dysphoria in children? What are the signs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3979.jpg (197KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3979.jpg
197KB, 1024x1365px
How do you recognize gender dysphoria in children? What are the signs?
>>
kids are pretty difficult to gauge, but if you explain to them what girls and boys are, and why they're different, most kids understand and will be vocal about which they'd prefer, if they feel safe, respected and unjudged. then you can work from there if they show signs of being unhappy with their assigned gender, allowing them to present how they want to without interference, and make choices to delay puberty (which has no negative drawbacks) if they think they want more time to decide.
>>
DSM V diagnosis in children
In children –

1. A definite difference between experienced/expressed gender and the one assigned at birth of at least 6 months duration. At least six of the following must be present:

>1. Persistent and strong desire to be of the other sex or insistence that they belong to the other sex
>2. In males a strong preference for cross-dressing and in female children a strong preference for wearing typical masculine clothing and dislike or refusal to wear typical feminine clothing
>3. Fantasising about playing opposite gender roles in make-belief play or activities
>4. Preference for toys, games, or activities typical of the opposite sex.
>5. Rejection of toys, games and activities conforming to one’s own sex. In boys avoidance of rough-and-tumble play and in girls rejection of typically feminine toys and activities
>6. Preference for playmates of the other sex
>7. Dislike for sexual anatomy. Boys may hate their penis and testes and girls dislike urinating sitting.
>8. Desire to acquire the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the opposite sex.

2. The gender dysphoria leads to clinically significant distress and/or social, occupational and other functioning impairment. There may be an increased risk of suffering distress or disability.

The subtypes may be ones with or without defects or defects in sexual development.
>>
>>7250300
How would one differentiate between gender non-conformers and transkids?
>>
>>7250340
1, 7, 8?
>>
>>7250300
>2. In males a strong preference for cross-dressing and in female children a strong preference for wearing typical masculine clothing and dislike or refusal to wear typical feminine clothing

So it's crossdressig in boys but I'm girls it's just wearing jeans?
Oversimplification but still.
>>
>>7250626

Remember, that it has to be 6 of 8 and it has to be enough of a big deal that it's interfering with their normal life, so they're not getting the diagnosis on that alone.
>>
File: pOTuaKE.jpg (162KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
pOTuaKE.jpg
162KB, 780x1040px
>>7248871
>if they feel safe, respected and unjudged
That's a giant "if". I was aware I didn't want to be a boy since forever, but most kids are mistreated by parents, bullied, etc.
>>
File: IMG_2925.jpg (86KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2925.jpg
86KB, 400x533px
>>7250300
And how would you go figuring out if they were actually trutrans or if they were just AGP?
>>
File: mostly caraposter.jpg (2MB, 4288x4264px) Image search: [Google]
mostly caraposter.jpg
2MB, 4288x4264px
>>7251370
check to see if they're narcissicists?
>>
>>7251370

It doesn't actually matter because the AGPs will want to transition if they get to adulthood without treatment anyway. So you may as well do them early too.
>>
File: 1433290584805.png (132KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1433290584805.png
132KB, 554x439px
>>7250300
Guess I'm just a mentally ill fetishist then.
Thank god for that.
>>
>>7250300
this pisses me off. I fought really hard, as a les who doesn't conform with traditional female gender roles whatsoever, to educate tons of people that girls can play with whatever they want and dress however they want, and boys the same. Now, in trying to be SUPER TRANS INCLUSIVE for kids, we're reinforcing those exact gender roles that feminism fought so hard against.
>>
>>7251457
Well I was assuming you were caraposter and was just shitposting
Trutrans = dysphoria, right? The dark side of the coin to AGP. If you accept the AGP/trutrans dichotomy in the first place.

>>7251488
But you need at least one of these >>7250377
to be diagnosed as trans which isn't related to social roles
>>
>>7251498
>>7251488
and >>7250730, they have to be impaired somehow. if they're just a tomboy or girlyboy
and fine with it they won't be diagnosed as dysphoric
>>
File: IMG_2995.jpg (113KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2995.jpg
113KB, 640x640px
>>7251379
My computer got destroyed this week so I have to post from my phone. Also how is that narcissism?

>>7251390
Probably yeah, I was just wondering because pic related (and above pic related) was a famous youngish transitioner who had all the signs that you mentioned above but was ultimately exposed publicly as an AGP who never experienced dysphoria.
>>
>>7251457

This is the one for adolescents and adults:

>A. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender, of at least 6 months’ duration, as manifested by at least two of the following:
>1. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).
>2. A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).
>3. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender.
>4. A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).
>5. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).
>6. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).

>B. The condition is associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of functioning.

>>7251539

>Probably yeah, I was just wondering because pic related (and above pic related) was a famous youngish transitioner who had all the signs that you mentioned above but was ultimately exposed publicly as an AGP who never experienced dysphoria.

What evidence do you have to say that?
>>
>>7251565
I think caraposter is salty that his stalking isn't paying off
>>
>>7250300
2,3,4, and 6 seem like bs
>>
>>7251716

Three doesn't seem all that non-PC to me. There's a difference between a boy who says he wants to play the nurse instead of the doctor and a boy who says he wants to play the mommy and not the daddy. The first is not necessarily the tranny based on that alone, the latter would be able to tick off this criterion.
>>
>>7251488
Same, as a straight girl who fought against gender roles and feels completely comfortable as an adult woman. If I'd been born in the wrong family I'd have been deluded into believing it's possible to change your sex and put on fucking drugs rendering me infertile. All because I liked playing with boys, didn't want tight fitting clothes which drew the unwanted attention of pedos and pleased misogynists, and hated being a girl (because it's associated with things like unwanted sexual attention from big strong adult men when you're like 10, etc.) and in my childlike state of mind thought being a boy was the answer.

>>7251498
They're all either related to social roles or can be the consequence of unwanted social roles (which should be abolished).
>>
File: IMG_4096.png (325KB, 460x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4096.png
325KB, 460x615px
>>7251584
Not really. The entire basis for his transition was literally that he liked to dress up in girl's clothing and play with "girl's toys" at age two (the family touts a video of him as a baby playing with a pink skirt as "proof" of dysphoria). His mother actually Web M.D.'d those """"traits"""" and then went from doctor to doctor until she could find one that would give him a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, so that by 5 he was presenting as a girl full time. She never experienced dysphoria.
>>
>>7251526
A tomboy or girlyboy may become "dysphoric" solely because of the unwanted social pressures placed on them. Kids who would grow out of it are being egged on by adults who want to seem open minded (while upholding traditionalism). Regular noncomforming kids are being deluded.
>>
>>7251734
>Three doesn't seem all that non-PC to me
I wasn't talking about something being PC. I was talking about accuracy.
>There's a difference between a boy who says he wants to play the nurse instead of the doctor and a boy who says he wants to play the mommy and not the daddy
No debate there
>The first is not necessarily the tranny based on that alone, the latter would be able to tick off this criterion.
It seems like it would be more likely that the kid is just curious. Most kids play as the opposite sex from time to time and it would be silly to assume that most kids are trans considering how rare it actually is for someone to be.
>>
>>7251734
And a kid who wants to play a monkey is a monkeykin with a monkeybrain and should socially transition?
>>
>>7251758

Where's the source though? You can also look at her mother shopping around for doctors as her looking for a non-conservashit doctor with a brain and an ounce of understanding. It's not hard to believe a truest-of-the-trutrans would be turned away by some faggot doctor with a stick up his ass saying, "You just can't know at this point," or "It's a deviation caused by bad parenting."

>>7251772

>Most kids play as the opposite sex from time to time and it would be silly to assume that most kids are trans considering how rare it actually is for someone to be.

I think normal cis kids would be excluded from the fact they have to be doing this for 6 months minimum. A few sessions of playing the opposite sex and I imagine you're done for good with that if you're cis.

>>7251774

Humans are never born as baboons.
>>
>>7251774
Nobody is born a furry. It's a leaned behavior.
>>7251798
>I think normal cis kids would be excluded from the fact they have to be doing this for 6 months minimum. A few sessions of playing the opposite sex and I imagine you're done for good with that if you're cis.
Well if they're doing it consistently then you're not talking about sign 3. You're talking about 5
>>
File: IMG_4098.jpg (70KB, 477x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4098.jpg
70KB, 477x669px
>>7251798
This article makes it pretty clear.
http://archive.boston.com/lifestyle/family/articles/2011/12/11/led_by_the_child_who_simply_knew/
>>
>>7251798
>Humans are never born as baboons.
Males are never born as females either. You're either male, female, or intersex. For the rest of your life.
>>
>>7251811
Nobody is born a transsexual either, it's learned behavior resulting from sex roles or mental illness.
>>
>>7251757
>>7251766
(x) doubt.jpg
>>
>>7252048
You have to just believe
>>
>>7251836
>>7251852

You seem to not know every fetus has the -potential- to develop as a male or a female even if they have or lack the Y chromosome. The gender differences seen in the brain are likely the same.
>>
>>7251816
Wowwee... fuck... floored right now, nicole is finished.. will spread the word, thanks cara
>>
>>7248871
>which has no negative drawbacks
I don't think this is true.
>>
>>7251757
>unwanted sexual attention from big strong adult men when you're like 10
Did you live in pedo city? This isn't actually normal when you're ten.
>>
>>7252528

Maybe she had pretty big tits for a 10 year old. Speaking as a Hispanic tranny who grew up around black and Hispanic girls, you can see some pretty big tits on 10 year olds.
>>
>>7252229
And after a few sessions with a competent psych they'd be able to deduce that you just want to be you and not the other sex. Meanwhile actual dysphoric kids could get the help they need.

These are guidelines, it's not an automatic cattle chute into a vat full of hormones.
>>
>>7252528
>>7252584
I've seen radfems reeeeee about stuff like this.
>>
>>7252952
Honestly it probably has a lot to do with the fact that even at an age like 10, the common culture these days is for even young girls to cake on makeup, style themselves and dress like much older girls, on top of puberty starting earlier. I've seen 12 year olds that looked fucking 20. It's not really the men's fault if they don't know, your parents should have taught you not to dress like a slut when you're a literal child.
>>
>>7252419
I have been inspired
Where can I learn more about this?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.