[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are only two genders. Prove me wrong. If you identify as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: snowflake.png (62KB, 480x580px) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.png
62KB, 480x580px
There are only two genders. Prove me wrong.
If you identify as both, it's not a third gender, it's just both.
If you identify as neither, it's not a third gender, it's just neither.
If you transition from one gender to the other, it's not a third gender, it's just a transition.
To fall outside the male/female/both/neither classification, you would have to identify as some bizarre alien gender that's involved in reproduction yet doesn't carry or fertilize the egg cell, which is conceivable but certainly doesn't correspond to any human biology, so you could identify as a fungus and it would make just as much sense.
>>
>>7245901
Lurk more newfag
>>
File: IMG_4082.jpg (112KB, 476x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4082.jpg
112KB, 476x900px
>>7245901
There are two sexes, yes. Gender however is more of an abstract concept that's based on recognition of self rather than some sort of inherent biological trait. Don't conflate the two.
>>
>>7245927
And I suppose the fact that 99.9999% of people, including almost all trans people, have genders that are synonymous with inherent biological traits is just a happenstance?
>>
>stargender
I consider that one legit, with their weight 'n shit.
>>
File: dolezallol.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dolezallol.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>7245927
If you identify as a black woman but you're biologically a white woman, is that a third gender?
>>
>>7245901
>If you transition from one gender to the other, it's not a third gender, it's just a transition.

That's exactly how I see it, OP. Anyone who claims to have a 'third' gender is just attention whoring.
>>
>>7245901

These degenerates don't get it.

Your ethier: XX or XY.

This is what happens when you let liberal woman become teachers and parents who do not raise their kids.
>>
File: IMG_4081.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4081.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>>7245997
What I meant is that there aren't defined thought traits to "male brains" and "female brains" and thus the idea of switching mentally between male or female (or whatever else) is nonsensical. Kind of the opposite of what you just said.
>>
File: xxy.jpg (466KB, 930x1316px) Image search: [Google]
xxy.jpg
466KB, 930x1316px
>>7245901

Lrn2science
>>
>>7246136
That sounds like an argument for gender not existing, or being so unique to the individual that it's utterly meaningless. Not a third gender.
>>
>>7246198
Right, that's what I meant in my first post.
>>
File: oh my fucking god.jpg (43KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
oh my fucking god.jpg
43KB, 600x363px
>>7245901
Are you genuinely trying to get people to give a shit about Socratic reasoning in the 21st century?

A third gender exists because I say it does. There is literally nothing you can do about it. It's a very simple concept, and you'll just have to deal with it.
>>
File: IMG_0675.jpg (18KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0675.jpg
18KB, 280x180px
>>7246220
Degenerate.
>>
>>7246148
>implying kliensfellters sufferers aren't dudes.
>>
>>7245901
neither and both sound like separate genders to me
>>
>>7246220
>coming to 4chan
>asking as if /tumblr/ is the established and respected philosophy
ok friend-o!
>>
File: isthisguyforreal.png (124KB, 358x272px)
isthisguyforreal.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>7246220
>A third gender exists because I say it does.
>>
>>7246252
Post butt or gtfo

>>7246317
Anon made an example, not to be taken literally. You can't into post-modern logos?
>>
>>7246220
>gender is a social construct
So is murder.
Makes you think, huh?
>>
>>7246329
Yeah but murder describes an action in reality and gender describes how people of a certain sex behave or how the dominant cultures believes they should behave. So gender is a concept which changes by definition by what cultures it is relative to, while murder remains consistent.
>>
You cannot prove that there are two genders, in the same way that you cannot prove there are sixteen types of monkeys. There is a boring way in which there are different groups of monkeys with objectively differing levels of gene correlation, but these categories aren't actually more real than intuitive ones based on observable features. They're useful for different purposes.

Categories aren't facts about the world. They're just... categories, to be used and manipulated for our own purposes.
>>
>>7246329
It really doesn't.
>>
>>7246353
Define gender in a way that doesn't put any proposed third gender on the same level as a person who identifies as a dragon.
Hard mode: define it in a way that doesn't insult people with gender dysphoria by implying they can simply choose not to believe the social construct.
>>
>>7245901
everyone here agrees with you
the guy in >>7245927 and >>7246136 is an infamous shitposter, if you had lurked you would know that but if you had lurked you would know everyone agrees with you
>>7246085
>what is klinefelter's
>what is xyy
>what is trisomy x
>what is xxyy
>what is tetrasomy/pentasomy x, xxxy, and xxxxy
>what is pais/cais
>what is swyer syndrome
>what is de la chapelle syndrome
>what is true hermaphroditism
>>
>>7245927
Gender doesn't even mean anything outside the context of sex. You may as well just say "personality" at that point.
>>
>>7246329
it makes me think I've seen way better strawman arguments lol
>>
File: IMG_0678.jpg (149KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.jpg
149KB, 800x430px
>>7247330
This is what you freaks of nature deserve.
>>
>>7247368
>freaks of nature
if you were born by c-section or had a moderate illness as a child, you are a freak of nature and shouldn't be alive
most people are freaks of nature and that's a damn good thing
>>
>>7247368
Learn your history baka, firing squad is an honorable death as its a form of KIA. Gas and noose were used for traitors and fags

In fact only seppuku is a more honorable form of execution
>>
>>7247368
I can consider you to be a nature freak because you're a retard. But society hasn't purged you. At least, you should have been disenfranchised. Be grateful.
>>
>>7246353
This, the whole "prove me wrong" meme is literally argument from ignorance
>>
>>7247410
Is that a surprise, coming from a Christian?

How long have you lived on this planet? Because this shouldn't be a surprise for you if you're over 5.
>>
>>7247355
You're thinking of a person's sex
which only matters to reproduction
>>7247368
You have no idea what I would do to your corpse
>>
>>7247504
But the concept of gender is based around the biological sexes of humans.
>>
>>7247504
Of course it'd be my corpse... because you're a pussy faggot who would piss it's self if it had to face a man head on.

No run along and stick something in your ass to make it all ok.
>>
>>7247521
no, I was thinking more of what I would do after killing you
you do realize it doesn't take a man to remove your head with a firearm and so on
>>7247517
But its the abstracted concept of non-sex aspects. Its not a mistake or just quirky that we gender things which cannot fit the concept of a sex.
>>
>>7247550
But the concepts are based around biological sex at their core. You have the masculine and the feminine, which are abstracted from the male and the female. If you come up with something entirely separate from either of those concepts, what makes it "gender"?
>>
>>7247563
I don't know what that would be, but it doesn't strike me as something that fits how I would describe gender.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.