[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on steven universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_nrnh4jv0DF1s5eqb6o1_1280.png (935KB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrnh4jv0DF1s5eqb6o1_1280.png
935KB, 792x1224px
redpill me on steven universe
>>
File: IMG_4042.jpg (55KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4042.jpg
55KB, 500x750px
>>7243547
First good tv show ever... at least in my humble opinion
>>
>>7243584
Basically the show says men are big dumb apes too stupid to do anything, and need to be emotional, while women are warriors

Made by a dike.

emasculinizes kids who watch it.
>>
>>7243665
>makes any attempt the series has of keeping the lesbianism as subtext pointless
explain this bit a bit more?
>>
>>7243547
It's shite.
>>
>>7243547
+Really Gay
+honestly more gay than het characters
+we're talking onscreen lesbian neck kissing gay here.
+steven consigns another gem to the cold bleak emptiness of space after she attempts to murder him for the murder his mother committed, and probably has ptsd or something by now because of the mess his mom left him and the gems inability to deal with it
+possible ftm representation holy shit that never happens
+greg is a genuinely good dad, and the only one of steven's guardians who hasn't put his life in danger multiple times
+takes inspiration from Revolutionary Girl Utena
+garnet
+amethyst
+pearl
+and steven

-many jokes miss terribly
-animation is subpar
-Peridot
-songs are either okay or cringeworthy, with one or two exceptions (which differ by person)
-if you're not good at catching callbacks a lot of stuff isn't going to make sense
-fanbase is homestuck-level terrible
-if you don't like watching flawed characters who do things like attempt to brainwash children's sense of self-worth out of them this show may piss you off
-seriously pearl causes almost as much discourse as vriska
>>
It's alright, as long as you can ignore the obvious lgbt pandering, general stronk independent wymon all men are evil/incompetent vibe then it's entertaining.

If my gf didn't like it so much i wouldn't watch it at all.
>>
File: whut.png (163KB, 351x346px) Image search: [Google]
whut.png
163KB, 351x346px
>>7243786
>It's alright, as long as you can ignore the obvious lgbt pandering, general stronk independent wymon all men are evil/incompetent vibe then it's entertaining.

Cant do it man
>>
Garbage show that sometimes features catchy songs
>>
MLP is better.
>>
>>7243934
This
I summon Barneyfag though
>>
Steven Universe is just like Harry Potter, poorly-made drivel that panders to libtards who want a queer world
>>
>>7243996
But Harry Potter is overwhelmingly heteronormative.
>>
File: 1468472724635.jpg (27KB, 485x392px) Image search: [Google]
1468472724635.jpg
27KB, 485x392px
>>7244010
Dumbledore being a fag and Drarry shipping refute this.
>>
>>7244133
Drarry is hardly an overwhelming part of the fandom compared to any of the het ships and Dumblydore's homosexuality is barely alluded to in canon and had to be confirmed post canon by word of god. Look, there's plenty of reasons to shit on HP, but you're really fucking reaching here
>>
>>7243934
Well MLP is geared towards young girls, not to the more tumblr oriented crowd.
>>
>>7244668
honestly, that's fucking bleak for a kids show
>>
my roommates really like it, personally I think its shit and intended for a much younger audience. i watched six episodes and found them all dreadfully boring. the animation is nothing special. the fanbase is pretty shit too, but im sure you already knew that.

in my opinion if it weren't for being an lgbtqiabbq, independent wymmin and brown people menagerie, it wouldn't have nearly the following it does, and would be rightfully regarded as what it is, an average kids show.
>>
>>7243665
>makes any attempt the series has of keeping the lesbianism as subtext pointless
Maybe because it's not meant to be subtext?
The whole point of SU was to make a show for children that showed LGBT relationships in the same innocent and positive light that hetero relationships get in every other kids show.
That was the primary goal.
>>
>>7243786
>all men are evil
>100% of all villains in the show are female, with the sole exceptions of kevin and sour cream's dad, who collectively appear in a grand total of four episodes with less than 30 minutes of screentime between the both of them
Nice projection I guess
>>
File: 1469537533603.jpg (393KB, 496x702px) Image search: [Google]
1469537533603.jpg
393KB, 496x702px
Steven Universe combines the raw potency of American fanboy autism with the lethal edge of Japanese waifufag autism. If you're going to watch it, make sure you watch it with a buddy, someone you trust, and always, always wear protection.
>>
>>7244668
people said the music in this show was mediocre but that was honestly super well done

im guessing the rest of it isn't as good
>>
>>7250634
>Good Lord, I fucking hate that word
Then don't use it you fool.
>>
>>7244668
Honestly, I prefer Hellfire.
>>
File: ArrestedDevelopment.jpg (80KB, 613x350px) Image search: [Google]
ArrestedDevelopment.jpg
80KB, 613x350px
>>7243584
Kill yourself my man.......or at least watch some quality tv thats actually made for people above the age of 13 before making such a retarded statement. Here, pic related is where you can start, thats the greatest tv show of all time.
>>
Literally a childrens show,and any above the age of 14 who watches it is a joke.
>>
It's a cute show about a kid and all his family and friends. It's unfortunate that the idea of it being very "SJW tumblr" driven permeates its perception so often, while there are LGBT themes in the show, it's all really casual and never really drawn attention to, which is the way it should be. The story starts to pick up during the second half of the first season and spirals into what we have now, and I think it's pretty great. People commonly speak of how the plot of episode one was just about a boy finding his powers in some ice cream and then there's recent episodes like the one where he has to deal with the fact that his mom fucking murdered some people and the Bismuth special. There's some musical bits that pop up very rarely, ranging from forgettable to HOLY SHIT AMAZING (It's Over, Isn't It). The animation in season one is awful honestly, but it gets really better. In general, i really think it's great and worth the time of those who are interested.
With the exception of the first half of season one (not bad, just kinda standard and alright) and the unfortunate side of the fandom, I really don't have much problems with Steven Universe.
>>
>>7251102
>not Bojack Horseman

trashcan.jpeg
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.