[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NPR and jail staff lying twice about a trans teen that died in jail.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 22831734418_6bacdf14be_z.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
22831734418_6bacdf14be_z.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
So I am close to the family of this kid, I know how everything actually went down. The first radio story talked about how the kid was bullied in the prison and an anonymous staff member said his death was a "surprise."

http://mainepublic.org/post/transgender-teen-s-suicide-raises-concerns-about-youth-corrections-center#stream/0

The actual truth was that the teen had been suicidal on and off for years, way before he went to jail, due to trauma suffered as a teen. The jail staff knew full well about this, and he was NOT on suicide watch when he died. He was at first, but they took him off it. The mom told them to put him back on suicide watch, they said to the mom that they were the experts and she should listen to them. Then when the boy was placed in a less secure room, he took his own life.

http://mainepublic.org/post/death-suicidal-transgender-teen-was-preventable-according-his-mother#stream/0

In this second article NPR says that the mom told NPR that the boy burned down his whole house. This is a lie, the mother told them exactly what happened, which is that he set a laundry basket in his room on fire, smoke-damaging his own room beyond repair. The house is fine.

They're changing the story and helping the jail cover up their fuckup. I feel helpless. What the fuck do I do about it?
>>
>>7236384
Nothing.
>>
>>7236384
>In this second article NPR says that the mom told NPR that the boy burned down his whole house. This is a lie, the mother told them exactly what happened, which is that he set a laundry basket in his room on fire, smoke-damaging his own room beyond repair. The house is fine.
Details.. Setting your house on fire is setting your house on fire, whether it spreads or not.
>>
File: IMG_4058.jpg (47KB, 634x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4058.jpg
47KB, 634x518px
>>7236384
Why do there have to be so many trans people in Maine...
>>
>>7236384
>literally just an ayyden
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>7236416
Okay, fine it's weasel words I guess, but it was literally just a laundry basket. Not even the floor or anything.

>>7236423
I do have a lot of trans friends here...Is there really a higher trans rate than other states?
>>
File: IMG_4055.jpg (61KB, 560x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4055.jpg
61KB, 560x423px
>>7236433
There was a ratio of something like 30:1 for cis and trans when I was at UMO. Where are you at?
>>
>>7236384
Stop wringing your hands about someone who was mentally ill even by trans standards?
>>
File: daily reminder.png (21KB, 353x635px) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.png
21KB, 353x635px
>>7236423
>>7236440
You have to go back
>>
>>7236384
>tranny
>criminal
>suicidal

That's a hat-trick

Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>7236440
USM.
>>7236553
He was not criminal. He was mentally ill.
>>
>>7236384

If you want to do something about it, talk to a lawyer, not to 4chan. But I guess you don't.
>>
>>7236761
A lawyer is being talked to about the jail itself, I am more in line with wanting to know what the hell a man can do with the media just spreading lies about this.
>>
>>7236761
Also, in the actual MP3, they state he burned down his house, which is a lie. The house is fine. I was just there.
>>
>>7237257
I wouldn't bring that up with the media, to most people that sounds like a distinction without a difference, since what he did could've just as easily resulted in the whole house burning down. It would just make people less likely to accept your other point, that he should've been on suicide watch.
>>
>>7236384

>>Corrections Commissioner Joseph Fitzpatrick released a vague, two-sentence statement saying a resident at the Long Creek Youth Development Center was involved in an unspecified “incident”

Mtf strogen powered intuition: if the statement was so short and vague, if there's so much "silence" and "vagueness"... it sounds like they have some kind of responsibility.

Sigh... we really need a trans lobby. We cannot stay like this, and LGTB lobbies aren't doing much for us... We need an specific lobby that addresses our problems.
>>
>>7237628
>>7236384
men die, get raped, get tortured in prison all the time. but this is the one case you care about.

if misandrists like yourselves hadn't thrown men under the bus so often, you wouldn't be in the situation where it's one of your own who falls victim to your crap.

t. mtf
>>
>>7239405
I suppose you go after every death in prison? No, that's silly.
I'm not a misandrist. I am a man. I knew Maze personally. That's why I'm talking about his death. Calm down.

>>7237570
That sounds fair. And the second part IS the crux of it. He was on suicide watch, told the counselors he knew how much time he had between room checks to kill himself, and that statement somehow told the counselors that he was trustworthy. So they took him off suicide watch. The mother begged them to put Maze back on it, they told her they know more than her, and then he died exactly as he told them he would. Then they went and lie to the press about it.
>>7237628
>Sigh... we really need a trans lobby.
I agree.
>>
Somehow, the Press Herald article has less lies and bias in it than the NPR one.
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/11/15/transgender-teen-who-died-at-long-creek-denied-mental-health-treatment-mother-says/
>>
>>7240684
NPR is shit, they don't report reliably on anything. hope the new admin ends their taxpayer money.
>>
>>7240730
I used to really like them too. Now I agree with you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.