[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite shifts in public opinion, there is still an ‘east-west

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: lgbtrightseuropemap16sep.jpg (128KB, 972x848px) Image search: [Google]
lgbtrightseuropemap16sep.jpg
128KB, 972x848px
>>
:^)
>>
petition to relocate ireland to eastern europe
all in favor?
>>
File: ILGA3.jpg (236KB, 1170x822px) Image search: [Google]
ILGA3.jpg
236KB, 1170x822px
>>7215904
>>7215925
You could at least use an up to date map.
>>
File: 1477960215503.jpg (22KB, 718x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477960215503.jpg
22KB, 718x512px
>>7216094
>germany decreased by 1%
I SURE DO WONDER HOW THAT COULD HAPPEN
>>
>>7216094
>Romania
>23%

ohoho
>>
>Monaco
>10%
>Luxembourg
>28%
>Switzerland
>29%
>Andorra
>21%
What the fuck? These are among the comfier places to live for a fag. No violence, no kebabs. I think Luxembourg PM is even gay and married. You tell me it's better to be in France or Spain? Seriously?
>>
>>7216094
>The Netherlands 66%
>Most rights and protections of any other country but number gets ruined by sandniggers.
>>
>>7216094
>be bi
>primarily homosexual
>have cousin-in-law who is turkish
>want to visit turkey with him someday
>be thinking about it the other day
>can i be openly gay in turkey?
>see this
>NOPE
>>
>>7216094
WTF Poland. Get your shit together!

I'm so glad that I seems to pass (based on the fact that no one ever attacked me)
>>
>>7215904
>>7216094
Russia is a shithole that is considerably hard to escape from.
>>
>>7216457
Yes, you can be. But try not to be flamboyant.

I was living in on of the shittiest and most conservative neighborhoods when I was a child. There was a bearded flaming gay man at his early twenties. He didn't got killed while I was there, least to say. But in our friend group we always talked shit about him while he was around. Made "jokes" like "he must've been raped at a construction site when he was a kid".

Idk, just don't hold hands and kiss openly in public I would say. Even heteros don't do it openly.
>>
>>7215904
>Italy is lower than Romania and Poland
My country never ceases to amaze me with it's bullshit
>>
>>7215904

Ireland and Czech should be higher.
>>
>>7216509
> can i be openly gay in turkey?
> Yes, you can be.
> just don't hold hands and kiss openly in public
So, you have to hide your relationship and affection from people around you. That's literally what it means NOT to be openly gay.
>>
>>7216107
the rise of bigoted right-wing white supremacists
>>
>>7216577
no, it means not to be an annoying attention whore
>Even heteros don't do it

keep your disgusting bullshit in the bedroom i don't care what sexes you are
>>
>>7216094
Malta just chillin' over there.
>>
>>7216610
Hand-holding and a peck on the cheek is hardly fucking attention whoring.
>>
>>7216509
>making conclusions from a sample size of one
>>
>>7216094
>Sweden 65%
I dare you to express your LGBT in Malmo or basically anywhere where migrants settler. You'd be treated far worse than in state-homophobic Russia.
>>
>>7216608
Right-wing doesn't mean that you're bigoted or something like that. I'm Libertarian and I'm bi (Mostly gay).
In fact, in USSR fags were treated FAR worse than in Russia.
>>
>>7216608
Think again, cuck ;^)
>>
>>7216094
Macedonia up to 16% from 13%.
We Europe now.
>>
>>7216094
Estonia up by 1%, we are becoming more european.
>>
You gotta take such maps with a grain of salt.
Countries pretend to be far more accepting than they actually are.
>>
Slavs are hateful bigots, what else is new?
>>
>>7216608
Stupid
>>
>>7216282
the average age in andorra is 50

tax havens tend to have older residents
>>
What the fuck happened to Poland?
>>
>>7217180
Christianity happened to Poland.
>>
>>7217136
As an Irish person, it takes time for legislation to change.
>>
>>7215904
No, there has been no shift in public opinion, that's why laws have not changed.
>>
>>7216519
Ikr anon?
Good thing I'm living in the UK. You should move too
>>
>>7215925
They literally passed gay marriage by referendum
>>
>>7216094
>take percentage
>halve it
Congratulations, that's about how your local population thinks about you, if they're in an exceptionally good mood.
>>
>>7216658
>Right-wing doesn't mean that you're bigoted or something like that
It doesn't mean you aren't bigoted, either. Not all right-wingers are homophobic, but quite a few are.

>In fact, in USSR fags were treated FAR worse than in Russia.
By Russia do you mean today's Russia, or Tsarist Russia?
>>
>>7216475
Kys
>>
>>7217307
I'm just saying that most countries, even in oh so tolerant Europe, are pretty shit.
>>
>>7215904
>6%
what kind of shitty village did they interview.
we dont get stoned here, people view it as a negative thing but dont really care about it to much, i never got into problems with people i know about this.
also gay parades is wrong & the church decides about marriages not adults that act like children wanting every little thing in life.
state marriage/unions are fine and should be a thing in all countries
>>
>>7216633
>implying this takes into account what minorities think about you
>>
>>7218921
not being able to marry is certainly a discrimination of human rights, thus russia is rightfully ranked very low
>>
>>7216608
Immigrants and people that are tired of people like you
>>
>people downplaying how much their country sucks when it comes to lgbt rights
hahaha this is getting sad.
>>
>>7218941
its sad that theres no unions yet, but >6%
this ranking system is really horrible considering that in some places they send them to jail for 10 years + 100 lashes
>>
>>7215904
>UK
>82%
Yet again, "ILGA" doesn't acknowledge trans, and probably not intersex, people.
>>
>>7218969
6% is actually surprisingly high though.
Be glad I didn't make this thing because the UK would score a meager 35%, if I'm feeling generous.
>>
>>7218921
Probably muslim shitholes
>>
>>7216633
It's about rights and equality, not public opinion.
>>
>>7218994
>UK would score a meager 35%
>35%
you have no discrimination except for the few muslims and some old people that wont do anything of harm
>>
>>7219022
>you have no discrimination
>he sincerely believed
Oh boy.
Look man I'm just saying I wouldn't be anywhere as generous in ranking countries as these guys so be glad with whatever number you got.
>>
>>7219038
excluding muslims, what discrimination is there then
>>
>>7219050
>being treated like second class citizens almost everywhere
It depends how you define discrimination of course.
Also I would look at public opinion and not just what laws each country has, which is the primary reason shit would end so low.
>>
>>7215904
With Islam the divide will stay. You'll just have to reverse the colors.
>>
>>7219092
>Eastern Europe
>ever turning remotely green
How severe are your delusions?
>>
>>7219073
i only get this treated like this a few times while you live in uk and get treated like this almost everywhere? i doubt this
>>
>>7219116
Oh trust me I've had quite a few encounters with the average straight person.
I've seen spiders with friendlier attitudes.
>>
>>7218987
trans have a pretty sweet ride here though? I don't know about other countries but most of our shit is available for free on the NHS and there's some pretty extensive thought that was put into the Equality Act of 2010 regarding trans.

I hear that in France you can't even change your name.
>>
>>7219521
Except it's not free in the UK.

Even just getting hormones is horrible in the UK, taking years, and if the person expresses severe anxiety or suicidial thoughts, they're not allowed to go onto hormones until they've fixed those issue (which won't happen, since it's caused by being trans).
Then virtually no treatments are free, even hair removal isn't, as you will have to pay everything beyond 8 sessions.
>>
>>7217102
best of luck when putin cucks trump into letting him retake the baltics
you're gonna need it
>>
File: 1479038254555.jpg (247KB, 1170x822px) Image search: [Google]
1479038254555.jpg
247KB, 1170x822px
>>7216094
fixed
>>
>>7216282
Swissanon here
>no kebabs
Can't confirm. And fuck off fag.
>>
>>7216457
>being a Turkroach

Kys
>>
>being a fag in east europe
>>
>>7216094
>Croatia
>yes

For once I'm proud to be Croatian. Even Bosnians and Serbs have surprisingly high numbers. I guess Bosnians because of Andreja Pejic and Serbs because of... idk probably Belgrade. Belgrade is filled with everything including every kind of LGBT.
>>
>>7215904
>>7216094
What can we do to help the ignorant easterners understand the joy of sucking dick?
>>
>>7216474
I truly truly believe (or live in a bubble and lie to myself) that even though the percentage has decreased the reality is so much different. Our community is huge and I'm sure you know this. It's just that new nationalism movement that kinda worries me.
>>
File: 839.jpg (15KB, 227x205px) Image search: [Google]
839.jpg
15KB, 227x205px
>>7216608
>>
If Russia had stayed Communist do you think they would be green?
>>
>>7229669
No

Commie doesn't equal left-liberal doesn't equal pro lgbt
>>
>>7215904
Rights movements need to happen organically from within the country/culture to be accepted.
The reason why Russia and other Eastern countries are rejecting lgbt rights is because most people there see it as a Western movement being pushed on them. It doesn't matter if we're right or not, the further we keep trying to push it onto countries we don-t understand the more resistance we will meet.
Stop and allow them to develop their own movements!
>>
>>7229672
This so much.

>>7216282
The statistics doesn't exclusively look at how people are treated there. I mean sure, you can live an amazing life in any of the locations on the map, but it doesn't = having all the rights as other nations (who score higher) do.
Which is why we should always understand these things but don't define our lives by them.
>>
>>7229705
I wish this would apply to muslim terrorists. Those fuckers want to be bombed
>>
>>7229705
They see it as a push from the West because they've literally been behind a lot of "rights" movements in the West in attempts to destabilize them, cause internal war, etc. So they see it as an extension of that, but a retaliation.

Which kind of backfired lmao
>>
>>7229705
>most people there see it as a Western movement being pushed on them

This is absolutely true. I remember reading about ~2008 Budapest pride and all the shit that followed from there (they ended up with massive street fights and rocks being thrown at the parade for the duration of it) and one description of the parade that stuck with me was "degenerate western horde marching through Hungary"
>>
>>7230296
But conservatives being deceitful doesn't make their lies true? Those movements are started by gays in those countries who want rights, they stand up to getting hit in the head with rocks, with bats, being imprisoned, being stabbed, being shot with bullets both rubber and real to fight for those rights.

That straight people would tell whatever lie they think up to try and fight against justice is nothing new, and acting like their lies have any legitimacy is evil.
>>
>>7216094
One thing to notice is that while there a bit of an evidence of a religious or geographic divide, I think there's also a strong bit of evidence that countries that were formerly under the Warsaw pact tend to do worse that those outside the Soviet sphere. There are notable examples (namely Hungary, Croatia are high while Italy, Turkey are low), but I think that relationship isn't totally without basis in reality.

My main question would be whether that relationship would be a result of the fact that those countries were often more poor or rural than the western European countries, and that tolerance of homosexuality is less common in poor communities for whatever reason, or weather it is tied to the pivot that the Soviet Union took at the end of Lenin and the beginning of the Stalin era where homosexuality began to be persecuted. The Soviet union and its satellites, due to the restrictions on freedom of expression, didn't experience the same movements in support of gay rights in the 70s and 80s that western Europe did, and I'm wondering if this is the legal legacy of that. I'm sure there are cultural factors too but I wouldn't want to avoid everything else.

Also I have to say, I'm quite impressed with Georgia. At least in legal terms, it seems to be a much more accepting place than it's immediate geographic area. Croatia also stands out as a really cool place.
>>
File: skeleton-in-the-closet.jpg (97KB, 600x946px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-in-the-closet.jpg
97KB, 600x946px
> being actually confident to come out
> see this post
> 28% aaaa that not that bad i mean we are not russia or anything like that
> start searching.jpg
> find that prist start getting votes for changing the constitution so that it specifically state that marriage is between a man and a woman
> FUCK THIS better stay in the closet boiz and gurlls
>>
>>7234464
You Romanian or Polish?
>>
>>7234484
Romanian
>>
>>7234496
I mean, if it's any consolation, the government might be too distracted by taking bribes to even pay attention to that.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.