[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGBT themed books? preferably M/M

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_nfv4ayNwsh1svv61io1_500.jpg (107KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfv4ayNwsh1svv61io1_500.jpg
107KB, 500x341px
I'll be doing a lot of reading next month and I need some suggestions of books about gay love.

I did some research on goodreads but it only gives me generic books with naked guys in the cover.

I want a cute love story about two gay guys.
Can you help me?
>>
the illiad
>>
Talk to /lit/

Anyway whenever someone asks this question I usually just refer them to Mishima because he was a good writer and he was a homo. Specifically Confessions of a Mask is really good
>>
File: G&Twebserie.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
G&Twebserie.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>7198266
>I want a cute love story about two gay guys.
>Can you help me?

https://www.youtube.com/user/GETwebserie

Season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcbhr2Q09k&list=PLjtgS3MlF--kOPlKmGQgpucz6yenjlPGV

Season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utK30alC0Sg&list=PLjtgS3MlF--nulr-W5TZ-AEMRhd8JJ-VH
>>
>>7198300
>the illiad
tried
there's a lot of religious people there
>>
>>7198275
fucking this
>>
My favorite is "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. The book's official summary is

"Aristotle is a lonely, angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a kind know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the boys start spending time together, they discover that they share a deep kind of love—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this love that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be."

>>7198307
>"I need some suggestions of books"
>you post a shitty webseries
>>
>>7198371
looks great anon
>>
>>7198275
The Song of Achilles or something but it feels like homoerotica for women in a way. You see the end coming from miles away but that's the best and worst part.
>>
>>7198546
I mean it's a little strange but "Scarlet and the White Wolf"
Little bit silly but sweet and with some good fantasy, although it definitely gets dark at some points.
>>
File: SonOfAWitchCover.jpg (33KB, 232x350px) Image search: [Google]
SonOfAWitchCover.jpg
33KB, 232x350px
I posted this in the other thread too — apparently there are two gay fiction threads on /lgbt/ yay for intellectualism

the protagonist in this one is bi, and throughout the whole series there are little tidbits of gay stuff (the author is gay).

the whole wicked series is pretty good. This is one that the broadway musical is based on, but the book series is very different and way better. It basically is the story of the wicked witch of the west and the land of Oz from the perspective of the Witch. This is the 2nd one in the series, where the protagonist is actually the witch's son. it has great writing, and there's a lot of compelling political intrigue.

this was actually the book that made me realize i was gay in college.
>>
At swim two boys by Jamie O'Neil.
Quite possibly my favorite and with what
>>7198300 said. Also A separate Peace is a favorite among gays but I found it a little boring and forever taking for the plot to go anywhere.
>>
>>7198815
Oh I forgot about The Picture Of Dorian Gray and Superhero by perry something if your into YA stuff.
>>
Call Me By Your Name by Andre Acimen

Beautiful prose and layers of feels
>>
i don't read gay fiction or watch gay films because it deludes me into thinking i have a chance at cutesy young love when i'm 20, have never had close relationships or friendships with people, never will because i distrust myself and other people, but there's still part of me that craves that kind of affection and will stupidly fall for the escapism every time.

2edgy?
>>
>>7200333
You should read "Moonstone" by Sjon. It's more in your realm of bleak isolation as opposed a lovey enchanted one that OP is looking for.

>>7198771
Great pick!
>>
>>7198300
read the first chapter and a half
now I'm depressed

also checked
>>
>>7200623
>reaffirm bleak isolation by reading about it
>>
The Rules of Attraction

Guy and girl both attracted to the same douchey, lazy popular guy who only cares about getting laid and skipping class to drink and take pills.

It's a good story. Very realistic.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.