[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get over the anxiety surrounding presenting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3686.jpg (50KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3686.jpg
50KB, 250x323px
I'm coming up on 2 years HRT and haven't presented once. The thought of literally everyone staring at me is too overwhelming and I literally shake so much my legs buckle and I can't stand or even speak properly.

I know I pass/can pass. I'm actually pretty cute when I'm presenting. But there's still this inherent fear surrounding it all that I can't get over.

What do I do? It's so exhausting feeling like this.
>>
b-bump
>>
so you pass but you're somehow not presenting? ok
>>
>>7180403
It's hard to explain..boy mode fails a lot.
>>
Present as andro dyke to ease into it desu
>>
>>7180216
just like with any anxiety, anxiolytic meds and behavioral therapy
get used to it with ppl you trust in comfy environment first, make small steps and stuff like that (Im not an expert on the matter, but you get the general idea)
>>
>>7180216
Get the fuck over it faggot
No sympathy for passers
>>
>>7180427
I can't even do it around my friends even though they're super supportive and have outlined numerous times they don't care cause I feel they're secretly weirded out by it or judging me.
>>
>>7180427
I can't even do it around my friends who are super supportive cause I feel like they're secretly super weirded out and uncomfortable with it even though they outline regularly that they support it, encourage it, and literally don't care. Like I'm almost convinced this is something deeper than anxiety because there's no reason I shouldn't be able to at least present around them but I just can't. It's too much for me.
>>7180464
Lol is this a thing now? Non-passing trannies getting upset at passing trannies? We're on the same side senpai whether you like it or not.
>>
>>7180470
>>7180480
4chan is acting up and I double posted oh well
>>
>>7180480
No, we aren't
>>
>>7180534
Elaborate.
>>
>>7180480
if you dont start presenting as female that means you are not a true trans but an imposter, and have to detransition immediately.
>>
>>7180216
Find your style, one that you feel okay with. Sans that, just go window shopping with ideas of where you want to look cute. Fall in love with one article at a time. Read fashion magazines or something. I have an idea of a few things I would wear if I felt sexy. Before my anxiety kicked up a few months ago, when I was in a bad mood I picked up a copy of The Knot. I love wedding dresses.
>>
>>7180541
Passers are effectively cis
>>
>>7180659
Nope still gross men that no straight guy would want
>>
We support the fear of social stigma in order to trade ones own personal comfort so that the next person in line might bear the brunt of breaking through boundaries.

Sincerely,
The Evil Chickens
>>
>>7180951
well obviously, straight men want women. you're not entitled to straight men
being at the point where dating anyone is even a consideration is only for passers. any problems passers have are completely trivial compared to nonpassers
>>
>>7180216
>2 years and not presenting
just do it, you are your own worst enemy, nobody will even give a shit
i take it you don't really have any social dysphoria? i had a great deal of it and just wanted to go full time asap
it's literally just changing the name you use, especially if your boymode already fails and they think you're a girl, just using a girl name just makes things less awkward, at least it did for me
good luck op and godspeed
>>
>>7181192
>thinking people magically pass at 2 years
>>
>>7180216
When I started to fail boymode before hrt (because I was dressing more and more unisex/a bit female), people were staring at me like crazy with wide open eyes every time I was standing in a train or a bus people sitting in front of me were giving me head-to-legs-back-to-head look multiple times.
That's probably because they didn't know wtf I am a girl or a boy. At first I was very nervous about it and my legs would shake but then I got used to it and when I started mones and started to dress female, it completely stopped.
So if you're not gonna just yolo and try to socialize, nobody going to do it for you. You have to get used to it yourself.
Don't lose your time and go.
Wish you a good luck, sis.
>>
>>7180554

>if you dont start presenting as female that means you are not a true trans but an imposter, and have to detransition immediately.

Literally Hon Logic: The Post.
>>
I don't have any advice but I'm really sorry you feel that way OP. I hope things get better for you.
>>
>>7181458
Ill check upon you this week and if you dont start presenting female I will take away all your skittles!
>>
Tbqh, it's sorta just learning to embarrass yourself. Which is a lot easier said than done, I'm afraid.
Like, I hate the sound of my voice as it is, let alone when I use my disgusting girl voice with other ppl- oh, wait no I hate my voice cos it's a guy's voice, nvm. The only way to know is to try it out. Little by little. I started just speaking higher pitch, raising my Adams Apple. I work at McDonald's so I I'd practice my femvoice down the drivethrough headset, and if people didn't question anything I'd chalk it up as a win, cos at least I sounded like a human. Then I'd use it with my friends who I'm out with, and they wouldn't cringe whenever I spoke (after a month or so), so I decided that was a win. Then I'd use it in public, and no one came to tell me that they overheard my disgusting half girl voice and were appalled, so I guess that's a win.

But it's small steps. You don't have to go straight from NEET shut-in to strutting down the street in a dress by yourself. Maybe just start dressing femme when round a friend's house? Then maybe a few times go out somewhere quiet with them and u in your new outfits? Ease into it. I can promise, it won't be as bad as you're expecting.
>>
>>7180216
For me what really helped was watching myself just exist in a giant mirror at my friend's house. I realized that not only was I physically incredibly feminine, but my natural mannerisms had become incredibly feminine even though I wasn't really trying. It made me realize that I didn't really NEED to try and act like a girl because I already had pretty much become one over time. What I really needed to do was just be myself and maybe throw a small extra layer of cute over who I already was and that would be enough. The biggest hurdle was really trying to unlearn the masculine habits I had built up over the years. Remember that girls generally don't try THAT hard to be girls unless they're trying to get a boy to notice them or are in a new social situation. Girls are just normal people who are physically feminine act however they want. If you're truly a feminine person (which I'm assuming you are cause you're transitioning) honestly just don't even think about presenting as a girl, just don't present as a boy.
>>
Is that normal for trans girls? Waiting to present female even though you're on HRT.

I'm ftm so I don't know much about the other side.
>>
>>71845from what I've seen,that's generally how it is. I think for a lot of amab people, the patriarchal idea that gender non conforming guys are shameful and gross really gets internalized by a ton of trans girls. Even if we know we're not guys, there's still that thought in the back of your head that maybe I am just another weird boy and everyone who judges me is right in their judgements. Thus a lot of us want to wait until we physically pass as female before presenting as a girl to avoid both the embarrassment of not being "perfect" in our girl mode as well as avoid the judgements of those we think perceive us as just feminine males.
>>
File: 1474780210635.jpg (48KB, 720x1121px) Image search: [Google]
1474780210635.jpg
48KB, 720x1121px
>>7184533

>Is that normal for trans girls? Waiting to present female even though you're on HRT.

Yes, because it's not 'presenting as female' unless you pass as a female. It's more like 'presenting as a tranny', which isn't fun unless you're a deluded fetishist.
>>
>>7180659
>Passers are effectively cis

>>7181031
>any problems passers have are completely trivial compared to nonpassers
This has got to be a joke.
>>
>>7184991
t. passer
>>
>>7184820
What percent of trans girls can pass within say 6 months of HRT?
>>
>>7185307
I don't know about passing or not, but I started wearing all feminine clothing when I started HRT and I never had anyone act weird, stare, or say anything outside of my home town in the entirety of the year and a half it has been so far. This includes people purposefully avoiding me, which also hasn't happened either.

I still remember going shopping for stuff about 2 weeks in at the closest Target to furnish our apartment and the checkout guy thought that me and my roommate were a couple, and we just let it go with that narrative and had a laugh about it afterwards.
>>
>>7180403
Suck it up then. No one will care or even remember you.
>>
>>7185255
No, not yet.
>>
File: 1450733230098.png (32KB, 850x469px) Image search: [Google]
1450733230098.png
32KB, 850x469px
>>7185307

Source: PhD in tranny spotting
>>
>>7185307
I passed after 3 months
>feels good to be trutrans
I'm also 6 feet tall
>>
>>7185870
you couldn't be more wrong. I have personally seen tons of trannies who started at 12 or 13 (before puberty) and they are still hons. You are incredibly stupid for thinking that starting hormones early will get rid of the Y. You are still XY no matter how soon you start the mones, stupid
>>
>>7185870
telling people they should kill themselves instead of treating their dysphoria just because they might not pass is awful
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.