[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question for trans people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1467703715125.gif (2MB, 303x227px) Image search: [Google]
1467703715125.gif
2MB, 303x227px
Why did you decide to identify as the opposite gender? Was there some kind of epiphany or was it some long squelched feeling/desire?
>>
I didn't decide.
>>
>>7179523
A creeping, horrifying realization with signs since 6 yrs old
>>
>>7179523
never felt a boob in my life. desperate and transitioned, now i constantly cup my boobs in my hands
>>
>>7179693
i love you
>>
>>7179523
Being trans isn't a decision.
>>
>>7179523
I crossdressed from the time I was in kindergarten or younger. Even at that age, I'd go to school dressed as a boy and feel ridiculous for it. And every time my parents would take me shopping for clothes, I thought, "why are we even buying boy clothes, I'm never going to want to wear these."

Obviously clothes =/= gender, but that is a pretty early indication of discomfort with being male. As I aged, I went through phases of trying to be more comfortable with it and others of just hiding it, but there was a constant feeling of knowing that if I continue to age and live as a man, true personal satisfaction would always elude me. Some little sadness very deep down that always came to surface as soon as a I remembered that I was a boy or man.

Now that I'm transitioning there are certainly problems that come along with that, and I know it will be harder to find romantic partners and fulfilling relationships. But that fear -- or knowledge -- that I could have everything and still feel empty? That is gone.
>>
>>7179523
I didn't decide to. I was forced. In fact someone on /b/ said what I had is probably dysphoria, and after that though it was subtle, I always was a tad off and it kinda clicked. It's still new to me. And male hormones seem to have fucked me up lately. Too distracted and intimidated by the people I like. Ffs I like girls I have no need to see myself as anything but male but when I got down to it I have never seen myself as male in the future.
>>
For me, it was life-long feelings followed by a recent, really visceral realisation putting it all together when I recognised those same feelings in a video I randomly stumbled upon of a trans person talking about their own experience, the first time I ever heard someone speak of it for themselves.
I still haven't decided what to do, so I don't outwardly identify as anything yet outside of 4chan (giving the benefit of the doubt that that's what you mean by 'decide', since as others have said, the condition itself isn't a decision).

It's fucking weird though, there were so many moments before that 'official realisation' where I blatantly thought to myself (ftm) "I should have been born a boy, I wish I was a boy, oh shit for a minute I totally forgot I wasn't a boy, gosh it feels great when people mistake me for a boy, moving about the world feels so much more peaceful if I imagine I'm a boy." But I just didn't know there was a word for that, let alone that it could also explain other seemingly unrelated fuckery that's affected me throughout my life. I didn't even realise it was connected to my disgust for my female features - I just thought that was what being female was, with all the 'muh body image' shit bandied about (except I never desired a 'better' female body like regular female insecurity, I just had an intense disgust and shame for my own, and somehow didn't connect that to my constant wistful daydreaming about what it probably feels like to have a penis).

It's crazy how oblivious people can be with shit like this. You see threads every day of shit like "I'm a dude, I love dick and I hate vag, but that doesn't mean I'm gay, does it?" and you just think "what a fucking idiot." But turns out it really is tough to put together sometimes when that's all you've ever felt.
>>
well there was this cute girl i wanted to spy on in the restroom so i decided to start identifying as a women
>>
>>7179523
I've always identified as this gender. It would be more reasonable to ask me why I decided to physically transition, and that is simply because I felt I had the resources and the right environment to finally start the process. What is the point of transitioning to save your life if you don't end up having a life worth living in after?

Things are great now, senpai. Thanks for asking.
>>
>>7179523
I decided to identify as a boy by constant and subtle manipulation by my parents. They did not like that I was a girl and told me that I was not supposed to be that way. I did not have the confidence to resist because of a mountain of other unrelated parental abuse that basically made me emotionally numb and destroyed my self-esteem. After years of therapy I realized that I had been living a lie my whole life and went back to identifying as a girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 936x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 936x492px
Mental Illness: The Thread
>>
>>7179523
It's not a decision. I don't identify as the opposite gender. I'm a man who unfortunately developed a female body instead of a male one in the womb.

>>7181272
why are you even here?
>>
>>7179523
>Why did you decide to identify as the opposite gender?

Because I felt like it.
>>
>>7181097
maybe you only like girls because you always thought you were supposed to
>>
>>7179523
I didn't choose to be trans.
I chose to transition and take my life into my hands.
>>
>>7179523
One morning in April I woke up and decided that this was it: I would be a transgender. Rather than living a comfortable life as my gender of birth (AAB or whatever it's called), I'd rather shoot myself in the foot, th head and the genitals because I like to suffer. I enjoy my dysphoria, I enjoy waking up in the morning in my AAB body and wanting to kms- it's FUN.

I also enjoy awkward situations, everywhere. In restrooms, bedrooms, at parties, in the street, in front of the law- so much fun to be had, you cis people have no idea what you're missing. But the best part is really when you're being made fun of, ridiculed, misgendered, disrespected; when your human rights are thrown out the window because hey you're not a real person amirite ? And after all, you chose this.

/irony
>>
>>7181434
He's here to shitpost.
>>
>>7180692
That's not the question. They're asking when you consciously started identifying as your non-assigned gender. For many (I want to say most) trans people that wasn't something that was always the case.
>>
>>7179523

i identify as a cockatiel, everyone back off OK?
>>
>>7183257
gender dysphoria is a legitimate condition and someone's body and brain not matching is within the realm of possibility. a human ending up with a bird brain is not.
>>
>>7183280

don't call me a bird brain, bigot
>>
>>7182863
the feels
>>
It came and went, Tbqh. The first time I ever truly thought that this is something I wanted to do, I was at school, bored, with no lessons after lunch. So some of my girl friends put makeup on me for kicks and I borrowed their coat, and it was the best feeling in the world. I told my mum after like a week of debating with myself, and she said it was just a phase that everyone goes through, and it was just that I like crossdressing and not wanna be a full on woman. I continued experimenting with crossdressing but it never felt quite right being a guy in girls clothes, and eventually I got depressed and gave up. That depression got worse and worse until I was 20, and I was genuinely contemplating suicide. I tried to think back to when I was happy and try to figure out why, and I realised I was most happiest in the very rare times I was in girl mode. It felt like I was being me. I've always known that I'm quite the effeminate guy, but for some reason it hit me just then and there that I could actually get a sex change and become a woman. Worst case scenario? I've delayed the inevitable. Best case? I stop myself from killing myself.

I've been identifying as a woman since then, but honestly it took a long time for it to become instinctive.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.