[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a.k.a. non binary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Why are non MTF/FTM transgender people seen as fakers and special snowflakes? Even the ones who genuinely want to transition to look androgynous?
>>
>>7148191
I think it's because people don't know that the ones who genuinely want to transition to look androgynous exist? Like, feminists have strongly policed the language trans people are allowed to use to describe ourselves in PC circles, so enbies will mostly talk feminist crap.
>>
because pic related
>>
>>7148208
most enbies hate that kind of shit, the two i know of hate how the tumblr sjw crowd is representing who they are
>>
I'm one of those special snowflakes myself, to give my reply context

I think it's because there's this tumblr movement where people are politically "non-binary," they're all, "smash the patriarchy!! smash the gender binary!!"

On 4chan there's more respect for cultural norms, and the division between sexes is an important and rigidly enforced one. that's why mtfs and ftms get shit for transitioning in the first place, also why our passgens are so bitter

Moreover, the political nbs accuse ftms and mtfs of "buying into the binary," as if theur transitions are a forced response to "oppression" instead of something they want to do for themselves to improve their lives.

They generalize that image of the political tumblr nb to all people who want to transition towards androgyny. also the androgynous are seen as not "fully trans," they're seen as delusional turbodykes or flaming faggots
>>
>>7148415
ur reply doesn't give context into why ur a special snowflake my man
>>
>>7148191
The medical basis of being trans is that there are certain sexually dimorphic portions of the brain, but in the case of MtFs and FtMs they develop as those of the opposite sex. That is to say, the cause for it is internal, and thus would not change regardless of any sort of cultural norms.

From what I've seen of non-binary types, most of them seem to identify as such primarily for social reasons- they feel that others treat them a certain way due to their biological sex, and they're unhappy about it; the cause is external. I don't deny that some of them may feel unhappy about their bodies, but in their case it again usually seems to come back to social reasons- someone who was born female and identifies themselves as non-binary might dislike their breasts because they don't like people staring at them or something like that, while an FtM would dislike having breasts because they feel completely unnatural, their body just doesn't match up with the "blueprints" in the brain, so to speak (technically I suppose it would be the reverse, but we don't really have the medical means to change the brain and there would be ethical issues with that sort of thing even if we could). Hypothetically, if we lived in a society with perfect gender equality, such of these people would have no reason to call themselves non-binary or whatever.
There also seem to be some who identify as such primarily for ideological reasons- feminists who think that "gender is a social construct" and therefore treat it as a sort of fashion statement or a reason to claim victim status. Others may fit the criteria of being a regular MtF or FtM but don't identify themselves as such for semantic reasons- they don't think current methods of changing one's gender medically are really "good enough" to truly call themselves the opposite sex, so they choose some sort of non-binary label instead, even though if they had some way to biologically 100% become the opposite sex they totally would.
(cont)
>>
>>7148511
That said, I do acknowledge that its theoretically possible for someone's brain to develop in a sort of "in-between" state similar to how MtFs and FtMs' brains develop as the opposite sex.
I could respect someone who feels like they should have an androgynous body purely for internal reasons, but I can't say I've personally met such a person thus far, and they would appear to be in the minority compared to the obnoxious transtrender non-binary types.
>>
>>7148511
>might dislike their breasts because they don't like people staring at them or something like that

In my experience the people who aren't sjw tumblr types that identify as non binary "don't dislike their breasts because of stares", instead it's more akin to the type of dysphoria trans men experience with their breasts. As in they don't like seeing it there and their body doesn't match up with what they have in their minds. A close friend of mine and NBs i have talked to don't seem to experience genitalia dysphoria though (although they have expressed a desire to go on hrt to get a more gender neutral look), which is proabably why they opt for the 'non binary' label instead of the ftm/mtf one.
>>
>>7148570
I might also add that i once asked this friend if they would still feel this way if we lived in a society with gender equality and no gender norms and they replied yes, because it's not about how the world views you but changing your body to match how you see yourself internally.

Thought i would just put this out there.
>>
>>7148649
>changing your body to match how you see yourself internally.

personally i would describe it as changing your body to relive the constant discomfort you feel when you look in the mirror but i guess that description works too
>>
>>7148498
familia, are you being deliberately obtuse or are you just that stupid?
>>
>>7148511
I'm non-binary, and I have lots of physical dysphoria and negligible social dysphoria*. My large torso and shoulders make me want to kill myself, and I feel disgusting whenever I see my face in the mirror. I don't really have that much of an issue in terms of how I'm treated. If I was physiologically female, I'd probably be distressed about my height and my hips, and present in a super-butch manner.

* I have a theory that I don't have social dysphoria because I'm a huge nerd, and nerd is a sort of "tertiary gender role lite". Like, nobody expects nerds to be super masculine. I'm not sure about that, though.
>>
>>7148570
I'm a female and I'd rather have male genitalia but my breasts don't concern me.
>>
>>7150828
The futa raids on /d/ succeeded in the end.
>>
>>7148191
Cause majority of them are attention whoring vapid cunts? Drag Queens as prime example if nonbinary btw.
There are waaay more nonbinary people who just dont make a shitshow out of it. I've seen numbers like 2% of population
>>
>>7148415
>politically "non-binary," they're all, "smash the patriarchy!! smash the gender binary!!"
well noted, they exploit disorder that ruins people lives for their political bullshit
>>
>>7148511
>Others may fit the criteria of being a regular MtF or FtM but don't identify themselves as such for semantic reasons- they don't think current methods of changing one's gender medically are really "good enough" to truly call themselves the opposite sex, so they choose some sort of non-binary label instead, even though if they had some way to biologically 100% become the opposite sex they totally would.

this desu. It's too late, so I'm just gonna try to feel okay about myself, accept my circumstances and move on.
>>
>>7148191
This desu

fuck gender

but I don't want to be an attentionwhore speshul snowflake societal cancer

I will always use whichever bathroom people wouldn't freak out if I used

I hate with every fiber of my being everything testosterone has done, does, and has yet to do to both my body and my mind. at least estrogen's cosmetic effects are not disgusting

I am PROBABLY (to be honest with myself) "trans"—except I know that crossdressing, genital mutilation, and trying(mostly the failing) to disguise myself as a female will only lead to inevitable suicide and decreased odds of carrying on my genes

and so I suppose "nonbinary" is where I fall. But that sounds like even more of a Special Snowflake societal-cancer nuisance than being trans.

And so I will just be a guy. Hopefully someday soon a guy on androgen blockers and estrogen analogs. But nothing I do will change my Y chromosomes, and benis removal = an hero w/ no kids (statistically)
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11537322/

just gonna post this on every enby thread i see
>>
It sounds like the most I'M NOT LLKE OTHER GIRLS TEEHEE shit ever desu. This generations rendition of the goth/emo/hippie/cry for attention to piss off parents

It doesn't even have its own name, its just "not like those mainstream genders ugh god mom"
>>
>>7148191
>want to
So do it. Wanting to means nothing. It's like those faggots who call themselves writers when they haven't actually written anything, shut up and fucking DO IT.
>>
>>7151546
>It doesn't even have its own name, its just "not like those mainstream genders ugh god mom"

This. I can't fucking stand 'identities' that are solely defined by the absence of something.
>>
File: ohnoo.jpg (40KB, 510x525px) Image search: [Google]
ohnoo.jpg
40KB, 510x525px
>>7148191

Because they are UNDENIABLY AND IRREFUTABLY special snowflakes and likely somewhere on the autistic spectrum as well.

Don't let your containment board fool you, it is not a thing and will never be a thing until the end of the world. Transgenders are on a razor thin wire as it is, and that's ONLY because gender identity disorder is something we don't know how to cure with a combination of psychology/meds and they are killing themselves all the time.

Grow up.
>>
>>7148191
The genuine ones are practically inexistent.
They'd have to try to surgically alter their appearance to adopt a mix of sex characteristics.

Wanting to look androgynous, without wanting to surgically and hormonally alter ones body, is just a appearance preference.
It's not based on transsexualism, it's just something that this person think looks good.

So, they ARE fakers and attention whores, who are appropriating a very victimized and oppressed group of people.
>>
>>7152707
what if they did want to surgically and hormonally alter their body, but just not the whole way.
>>
>>7152629
>literally went into depression because nb was the only way i could describe myself but people kept saying it was some attention whoring shit
>if it wasn't for my friend pulling me the fuck out i would have done some serious shit
>>
>>7152822

What does 'the whole way' even mean? Plenty of ftm and mtf people don't transition the whole way.
>>
>>7151060
>I am PROBABLY (to be honest with myself) "trans"—except I know that crossdressing, genital mutilation, and trying(mostly the failing) to disguise myself as a female will only lead to inevitable suicide and decreased odds of carrying on my genes
>And so I will just be a guy. Hopefully someday soon a guy on androgen blockers and estrogen analogs. But nothing I do will change my Y chromosomes, and benis removal = an hero w/ no kids (statistically)
Trannies are statistically more likely to kill themselves than normal people regardless of whether they actually transition or not, but those who do choose to transition are significantly less likely to do so- by repressing you're actually increasing your odds of killing yourself. Its also possible to freeze sperm or eggs beforehand in order to have kids later, or if you're into dudes you wouldn't be having kids anyway so its a non-issue.
If you want to continue living as a guy because you honestly think you'd have no chance of ever passing and don't want to make other people uncomfortable I could understand that- hell, I'm an MtF and that's pretty much what I'm doing until I can afford FFS.
If you want to live as a guy because you don't think transitioning is "good enough" with the technology we have now, you're welcome to do so, I'm not gonna try to force you to live your life a certain way (even though I personally think you're just hurting yourself in the long run). What I take issue with, however, is when people like you support TERFs who actively DO try to force trannies to live a certain way and try to ruin their lives.
>>
>>7153163
I don't think that anon was forcing anyone to do anything. It sounded more like them telling their experience
>>
>>7152892
i meant they choose to take a low dose and/or stop hrt once they reach the point where they are happy with their appearences
>>
>>7152892
>>7153462
here's an example
https://neutrois.me/2016/02/29/fv-where-does-my-story-end/
>>
>>7148191
Because literally the only people making noise in that community are the tumblr sjw type. People see that shit on youtube on tv on the fucking internet and that's the only type of shit they will ever see unless they do their own research into the topic. And why would they? It doesn't affect them. So the majority of the population who come into contact with this shit are going to think like this: >>7151546 this: >>7152614 and this: >>7152629.
>>
>>7153445
I suppose, I guess it just came across as one of those radfem "gender critical" femboy types who hate trannies despite being in pretty much the same situation but choose a different way of trying to cope with it.
>>
>>7153467
You think we're gonna read that wall of text?
>>
>>7154042
who said you had to? don't fucking read it if you don't want to.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.