[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your parents accept your transition?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

>>
>>7147815

They don't. My father is still firmly planted in the denial phase. That nigger honestly thinks I dropped the tranny thing and am "back to normal." My mother is somewhere between anger and denial. Not looking to push my father into the anger phase. They haven't kicked me out though.
>>
>>7147815
No. Last time I visited my parents' house my dad said I should kill myself.
>>
>>7147890
Tbqh very sorry to hear that :(

Sending love, girl, be strong
>>
>>7147815
yes, but it took several years and my mother had about twenty different mental breakdowns in the meantime
i'm still pretty lucky though, the only time i came close to living on the street was by choice
>>
File: 1466468183907.jpg (689KB, 830x2623px) Image search: [Google]
1466468183907.jpg
689KB, 830x2623px
>>7147815
No my parents think my college and one of my friends is manipulating me into being trans so I vote Dem or something stupid like that. My parents thought I gave up on it for a while until I caim out a second time and they basically stood in their views. They told me I can never present as a girl around them as it'd be a huge insult to my father, but "we love and support you no matter what" because support isn't sending me out on the streets
>>
>>7147815
Not really, I'm independent now so my parents can't stop me but my mom thinks I'm a freak and hopes that it's a phase. My dad called me a disgusting degenerate and stopped talking to me
>>
About a year ago my dad told me that he's been telling all his friends that I was dead because he'd rather me be dead than trans.

A week ago he called me to ask me for help funding his rapidly failing business. Revenge is sweet?
>>
>>7147815
Yes. My mother secretly wanted a daughter.
>>
Yes, they were really amazing about it. I guess being an only child probably helped, and I was lucky they're both pretty progressive. They helped me get on HRT at 15 and let me have my own appartment in a different city so I could escape our small transphobic town and go full time. They have truly been saints, and I love them with all of my heart. My mom and I are constantly doing mother-daughter stuff together, she's my BFF. My dad is protective, especially when I bring a guy home, so I guess that's normal? I think I've come as close as I can to living like I was always cis. It's like I've always been their daughter ^_^
>>
>>7149662
Awww. I just cried happy tears for you. At least someone gets happy
>>
>>7149662
Pics?
>>
>>7147890
Are you doing okay?
>>
I brought it up with my mom years ago and she said she would love me all the same if I did transition and I believe her. She also said she'd be there to keep my dad in check when he'd eventually flip shit. He has no idea I'm a bit queer.
It's a bit silly of him, really, considering my walls were covered in pictures of queens when I was a teen, but he's good at being in denial.
>>
>>7149662
Man I wish I was rich lol
>>
File: I'm a brit, go easy.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I'm a brit, go easy.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>7149795
transition-wise, yeah, relatively okay. still only get gendered male so far but oh well.

in broader terms, no, I have hypotonia and it may be degenerative. also i'm really poor.
>>
>>7148391

How do you have so much money your father is asking you to float his failing business? But anyway, have you considered giving him some money but on the condition that he embrace you as his daughter, or is that a no go?

>>7149662

That sounds great, senpai. I wish my life could have been anything like that.
>>
>>7147815
They're accepting and going through it has made our relationship even better. Im not hiding from them and we can have honest conversations now. We try and see each other once a week now that im living on my own. Its nice.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (442KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
442KB, 160x160px
>>7151413
I dont know. You look pretty feminine to me. you've got great lips. Im jealous now.
>>
My mum: "no matter what happens, I love you and will always support you. I just want you to be happy"
Also my mum: "I'm clinging on to the hope that the Gender Identity Clinic will dissuade you from doing this"

I think she'll be fine eventually, but right now she's 100% against it
>>
>>7151413
You went from looking like the man on meth who robbed a Walmart using a spatula to looking like the girl who stalks every form of social media after you break up and sits in her car outside your house at 2 in the morning.
>>
>>7147815
Shit no! Of course not!

They couldn't process it. They are incapable of doing anything but ramping up their "I shall suffer/shine for you" attitude, pummelling me more with masculine inflections, and the like. My mother tried crying specifically in response to it a bit more, my father just intensifies being inert and blatantly mentally spazzing out - being extra emphatic about how everything that isn't his way is just noise.

It's a non issue actually, as they are immigrants, faggotry clashes with *their* holy way of being.
>>
>>7147815
they don't know ;^)
>>
>>7148391
tell him you'll give him the money if he goes out somewhere with you dressed like a hon, and then afterwards tell him to go fuck himself
>>
>>7149662
This warms my heart.
>>
Just came out to my parents and they are 110% supportive. my mom kinda knew what was going on with me beforehand, i wasn't hiding my makeups/dresses so she kinda figured it out like that. guess i'm super lucky like that, even my sister is 100% with me
>>
>>7147815
yep, they even pay for my medical stuff
>>
Yeah, they were absolutely great about it. They started using new pronouns right away and immediately began treating me like a woman. They were super supportive and accepted everything about it within hours of being told.

I miss them so much. They both ended up passing a few months after I came out. :(
>>
>>7147815
Not living in some religious third world country, so yes naturally they did.
>>
>>7157759
what's it feel like not being american on an american imageboard?
>>
hrt starting 15 -> years of verbal abuse -> booted out at 18

Since then, they've been very sensible about it and now respect my name, but refuse to use gendered language with me unless someone in public genders female i.e. always, then they use gendered lang as to not cause a scene like they used to.
>>
>>7147815
Well, in a way I guess my situation is different than most of these. I transitioned at 30 so I can safely say that my mother was dead as of a year before, after having left the family to liver her own life when I was 17 and all 3 of my sisters are younger than me, so there is that. My father basically went off to do his own life a bit far away, this time with a lovely guy that he cross-dresses for. It is a fun situation to be sure. I guess he is supportive, but uh, not in any kind of a material way and I honestly have extremely mixed feelings about his situation myself to be honest. My three sisters though are totally cool with it, and things are super great that way. I am an aunt 4 times over now as well, and all of my nieces and nephews are totally adorable and great to be around.
>>
I haven't come out yet, but there is no way they'll accept it. My mother is quite conservative and homophobic, and my father is an alcoholic and a total douchebag.
It will probably completely ruin our relationship.
Thankfully, I legally own half of our apartment, so they won't be able to kick me out.
What worries me more is that I might get fired from my job after I come out. The place I work at is pretty conservative.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.