[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans representation on TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (70KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 768x433px
I just watched a new episode of Shameless where Ian starts seeing a gay transman who uses "cisgender" as an insult, and has a group of nonbinary snowflakes for friends who use snowflake pronouns like "vemself".

If you were debating whether you should stay in the closet, you might as well. This is now how the world sees us.
>>
File: tumblr_mj1sw5ZeW21rhoq4ao1_500.jpg (141KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj1sw5ZeW21rhoq4ao1_500.jpg
141KB, 500x750px
>>7145973
Where were they wrong ? Seems true to life.
>>
>>7145973
Dang all of my friends watch shameless too! super popular tv show!!:^)
>>
>>7145973
>that guy on the left
and mtfs still believe there's no such thing as an ftm hon
>>
Watch Merli, the catalan show

Yesterday they had a trans episode and it was pretty good
>>
>>7145973
>TV
there is your mistake
massmedia has been a complete shitshow
>>
>>7145973
But.. that's representative?
>>
>>7146100
Man thats an actual FtM? I though that was a cis guy playing the role of a FtM.
>>
>>7145973
can people stop making up pronouns already no one's going to remember anything other than they/them
>>
>>7145973
what's the episode name
>>
File: 1472773565244.jpg (43KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
1472773565244.jpg
43KB, 573x430px
>>7145973
>Trans"""men"""
No penis and + looking like a man = Trash person fetish bait
>>
File: sad Luka.jpg (99KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
sad Luka.jpg
99KB, 465x465px
>>7145973
>tfw your niche Tibetan picture books do a better job of representing trans people than primetime TV
>>
>>7146100
Not even close to ftm hon
What the fuck do you think hon means?
>>
>>7145973
> gay
> ftm
pick one faggit
>>
>>7148623
I really liked that character

I like how he's absolutely trans (and a successful one at that), but doesn't choose to "identify as" a female or be an attentionwhoring faggot

inb4
>doesn't identify as female = not trans
if you haven't watched the show
>>
>>7148719
>I like how he's absolutely trans (and a successful one at that), but doesn't choose to "identify as" a female or be an attentionwhoring faggot
I always interpreted it more as the character being closeted at the start of the series, considering that her whole subplot was about [spoilersdontworkhere]asking Okabe to help mess with the timeline in order to become a girl. She obviously calls herself a girl after that, there's even the scene where she gets upset because he continues to treat her as a guy since he doesn't realize her plan worked due to pre- and post-timefuckery Luka looking exactly the same [/fakespoiler]
>>
File: and she has a qt girlfriend.jpg (67KB, 524x600px) Image search: [Google]
and she has a qt girlfriend.jpg
67KB, 524x600px
I actually really liked Nomi from Sense8, or does that not count as television since it's a Netflix series?
>>
>>7148855
"closeted", yes, but also (what the official trans narrative refers to as being) in denial.

I mean, if I had a fucking time machine and I could go back in time and literally change my sex to female and cancel male puberty, I'd do that in a heartbeat, but since that's impossible, here I am: a guy.

And when it was time to regrow benis, he went back to identifying as male because he understands that having a Y chromosome (in the 99.99% of cases to include himself) means that identifying as anything other than male would be a lie/fantasy.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 600x800px
>>7147865
Yeah, Elliot Fletcher is his name irl.

One of the rare occasions an actual trans person was cast for trans role.

>>7146100
I actually would have never guessed before looking him up on Wikipedia.
>>
>>7148509
"I am a storm" - season 7
>>
>>7149113
>And when it was time to regrow benis, he went back to identifying as male because he understands that having a Y chromosome (in the 99.99% of cases to include himself) means that identifying as anything other than male would be a lie/fantasy.
I've only watched the animu, but iirc the whole reason they had to undo all the time shenanigans was because it ended up causing another character to get splatted, not because she wanted to go back to being a guy, and they don't really get any screen time after that.
Is it confirmed in the VN or that new sequel if Luka just goes back to living as a femboy afterwards? Because from what I remember of the anime it was left fairly ambiguous
>>
>>7148697
Testosterone injections make you crave dick if even you were only into women before.
>>
>>7149197
Yeah, the going back to a guy was just due to external circumstances.

BUT, after that, he went (back) to just living as an extremely feminine femboy with a never-to-be-acted-on crush on Okarin.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.