[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCOTUS To Hear First Transgender Case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1-T19uderLxJympVkBFKOwcw (1).jpg (227KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1-T19uderLxJympVkBFKOwcw (1).jpg
227KB, 1200x810px
Already checked the archive/catalog.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-takes-up-school-bathroom-rules-for-transgender-students/2016/10/28/0eece4ea-917f-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html
>The Supreme Court said Friday that it will decide whether the Obama administration may require public school systems to let transgender students use bathrooms that align with their gender identity, putting the court once again at the center of a divisive social issue.

>School districts across the country are split on how to accommodate transgender students amid conflicting guidance from courts, the federal government and, in some cases, state legislatures that have passed laws requiring people to use public restrooms that match the sex on their birth certificates.

>The justices accepted a petition from the School Board of Gloucester County, Va., seeking to overturn a lower court’s order that 17-year-old Gavin Grimm, who was born female but identifies as male, be allowed to use the boys’ restroom during his senior year of high school.

>In an interview Friday, Grimm said it was unfair that he will continue to be barred from the boys’ bathroom at Gloucester High until the case is decided. He said he tries to avoid going to the bathroom altogether at school but uses the nurse’s bathroom when necessary. Grimm, referred to as G.G. in court papers, came out as a transgender boy in his freshman year of high school and, as a result of hormone therapy, has a deep voice and facial hair, his lawyers told the court.

>Grimm sued the board, alleging that its policy — requiring that students use bathrooms corresponding with their “biological sex” — is discriminatory and violates his civil rights.
>>
File: IMG_3646.png (433KB, 406x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.png
433KB, 406x505px
>>7136524
Yikes, do men have an entitlement issue or what?
>>
>>7136524
If he can get a beard in time for the justices to see then there is a real chance it will work in his favor.
>>
>>7136534
>boy using boy's bathroom is entitlement
>>
The ruling should wait until Justice Scalia is replaced. Currently the Supreme Court is ~40% Jewish. And we all know what that means.
>>
>>7136524
After all this time and over all these arguments, I can just say "Who. Fucking. Cares."
This thing shouldn't even had to be stirred up in the first place, this whole issue is a useless pile of shit the authorities have to work on instead of more important issues only because certain political characters want to show off their MUH CURRECTNUHS in a non issue that didn't need solving. But it's depicted as some fucking huge step that could get humanity on the next level of existance
>>
>>7136524
I have a feeling they're going to rule in favor of the states and school districts that choose to bar trans people from the bathroom of their preferred gender. People are pretty much sold on the tranny bathroom predator meme and just cause the supreme court ruled in favor of gay marriage doesn't mean they will rule in favor of this.
>>
>>7136579
it's to distract you from the fact that Congress passed legislation, taking more taxes from your earned money.
>>
>>7136587
Not my money, Im non-burger.
But I agree. I see this distraction shit happen in my country so many times. Have you heard of the insane huge internet tax scandal? Turns out riggt before it happened there was a corruption scandal involving the leader of the tax management department. I wonder what this one covers
>>
>>7136579
I agree that its a non-issue, but you're blaming the wrong people- trannies had ALREADY been using the bathrooms they wanted for ages and nothing ever came of it. Its the pearl-clutching conservatives and to a lesser extent the TERFs that are trying to make a huge scene out of it for publicity.
>>
>>7136602
>a pearl-clutching straight is pushing to have this law passed
That makes no sense.
>>
>>7136612
Again, trannies already used the bathrooms they wanted. Its only now that we've somehow become the center of attention among moral crusaders on both sides of the political spectrum that right-wing politicians are passing laws to PREVENT it, claiming that its to keep men from sneaking into womens' bathrooms and such, despite the fact that such a thing had never actually happened before (though now a few of the people supporting it are intentionally doing so just so they can point at themselves and scream "SEE! I WAS RIGHT!")
>>
>>7136642
The trans lifestyle hasn't been pushed until recently. It shouldn't be surprising that they are growing in numbers and increasingly causing adjustment issues as a result.

Had trans-user-0 of the bathroom that started it all accepted his or her local decree to use the bathroom they were born to use, rather than run to msm and a lawyer, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

The notion that it was the "pearl-clutcher" crowd that wanted this kind of attention is absurd.
>>
>>7136671
>The trans lifestyle hasn't been pushed until recently.
Laws specifically AGAINST trannies haven't been pushed until recently either (aside from some meddling by TERFs in the 80s when they tried to create a similar moral panic about it). My point is that conservatives are the ones pushing for anti-trans bathroom laws when it had never been an issue before.

>Had trans-user-0 of the bathroom that started it all accepted his or her local decree to use the bathroom they were born to use
My point is that the only reason these "local decrees" on the matter are relatively new and a result of of conservatives having a tantrum now that trannies have been thrust into the spotlight. Admittedly, iirc the Obama administration pushed the issue in schools, but the bans pushed by the right are about ALL public bathrooms
>>
>>7136524
In my opinion gendered restrooms should just be abolished. I'm not some tumblrite who thinks male and female doesn't exist and that gender must be destroyed, I just don't think separate restrooms are necessary. The most widespread argument in favor of having them always comes down to pedophile fearmongering and/or puritanism.

Or at the very least, just have more of those non-gendered solitary restrooms. I'm cis but I like my privacy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.