[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do the FTMs here deal with their period?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

Going through shark week right now and wanting to die. Not really the cramps but just trying to be a man while having blood pour out of your hole is killing me. Won't be able to go on T for a few more years and don't know if I want to try birth control to stop it.
Luckily mine only lasts 3 days usually and my flow isn't that heavy. Whats it like for you or what was it like, if yours stopped?
>>
>won't be able to go on T
just do it faggot
>>
Do not use birth control.

I'm an FtM who's currently closetmode and using birth control to help my horrible periods.
My periods were bad to the point where I got flu-like symptoms and was in such intense pain from cramps I couldn't crawl out of bed to go to the bathroom. We skip the placebo pills in the pack just to skip my period.

It makes me dysphoric as shit to be constantly taking hormonal birth control, and since you have easy-mode periods you probably shouldn't even consider BC
>>
File: 14568082075_4a6f7ac5f8_m.jpg (15KB, 240x158px) Image search: [Google]
14568082075_4a6f7ac5f8_m.jpg
15KB, 240x158px
Protip; being underweight kills periods. If you do very hard daily exercise you get the same without needing to be skeletor. The problem is that both are a result of your body not having enough nutrients to function 'properly' which means you fuck up your health in the long run.
>>
>>7128149
>Won't be able to go on T for a few more years
self-medding isn't that hard, cal
i understand about your parents but i also think you'd be surprised how subtle the first few months of t are, especially on a low dose -- and you just want to take enough to prevent both menses and further feminization
dealing with periods is pretty much impossible, it's been so long since i had them that i can't remember how i didn't hang myself and i had super easy mode with maybe one cramp the whole week but still experienced suicidal dysphoria
hormonal bc is a horrible idea especially with your developing body
>>
>>7128219
Self-medding can do serious damage. Kys for recommending it to anyone.
>>
Mine just ended, I just try my best to ignore it. Which usually doesn't help much.

I guess my only tip is to change pads or whatever often so you don't feel that sticky slimy shit.... yeah it's disgusting.
>>
What about Orgametril? Anyone got experience with that?
>>
>>7128149
You fucking man up and take it, you pussy.
>>
File: 34534534.png (342KB, 537x533px) Image search: [Google]
34534534.png
342KB, 537x533px
>>7128149
This isn't a men's issue, take it elsewhere.
>>
>>7128219
Isn't selfmedding with test bad though senpai
It's not too harmful with estrogen and blockers but I don't particularly see how self medding with testosterone is safe
>>
>>7129622
I'm ftm and basically this lol, you know a thread is pure autism when caraposter makes sense for once.

But anyways, please continue to talk about your periods, ladies.
>>
>>7128149
>Won't be able to go on T for a few years
You're either underage or have a health issue, which is it?
Also man the fuck up and stop telling people about your menstrual cycles if you wanna be percieved as a man. Jfc Cal, the fuck is going on with you? Oh w8...
>>
>>7131170
it really isn't
t doesn't offer any risk to trans men over that experienced by cis men and possibly less, a longitudinal study of trans men in the netherlands did not find their cardiovascular health to be worse than that of cis women
on the other hand estrogen increases the dvt risk in trans women over that of cis women and both major antiandrogens (cypro especially) have the potential for terrible side effects
there is also a much higher demand for the drugs used in ftm self medding so one can be more confident that any given source is reputable and safe
the idea ftm self medding is dangerous comes from anti-drug fearmongering
>>
Get a job. Get on T. If thats too hard just kys
>>
>>7131236
Truth
>>
>>7131230
Why would anybody selfmed when it isnt being monitored by a professional who knows when shit isn't right/fucked up, how things are supposed to be, proper dosages based on your physiology, and overall not being a retard and (even possibly) risking fucking your body up because you're impatient?
>>
Yo, get on T when you can, but if you're gonna self med (again, probably not a good idea) make sure you start yourself on a low dose- using too much T makes the body convert the excess into estrogen, which you obviously don't want.

I just dealt with it when I had it, although for me the issue was more wanting to murder myself for feeling hormonal and depressed as fuck right before it happened.
And don't use BC to try and kill it, for me that basically just extended that pre-week of "everything is horrible" to literally all the fucking time. It's ramping up the estrogen in your system. Don't do it, son.

>start HRT and have last period ever
>year down the line and never again

feels fucking good, man
>>
>>7131204
Loads of countries are gatekeeping hellholes. Some finnish ftm around here has been waiting for 8 years. I'm one year in myself.
>>
>>7131252
Not the anon your talking to but:
Because they're actually trans and have dysphoria so it's worth the risk.
>>
>>7131511
Do you even know what self-medding means?
>>
>>7131608
Honestly my endos just precribed me the same dosage I was on when I was self-medding. Which honestly probably fucked me up in the long run, but if that was their professional opinion, then it was no better than mine.
>>
>>7131608
Yes. You can still get blood tests while self-medding. I self-medded for years before I was able to get a legit prescription (Thanks gatekeeping system). You can just ask for a blood test from a gp.

Self-medding isn't harmful if you're not an idiot.
>>
>>7131673
Been caught using 'steroids', which is what unregulated T is for any normie including the legal system, will destroy your career if you have one, and make it difficult getting a job.

Illegal T is also controlled and distributed by people and individuals involved in loads of shady business and/or organized crime so I wouldn't be surprised if your self-medding has founded human trafficking.

The quality of the drugs you get can vary a lot and if you get a bad batch it can destroy your health. Blood tests can't reverse damage that has already happened.

But sure, no harm done. Ok.
>>
>>7128149
I just dealt with it. Wow, so hard. It's just a little blood, self med or stop whining.
>>
>>7131729
>Been caught using 'steroids', which is what unregulated T is for any normie including the legal system, will destroy your career if you have one, and make it difficult getting a job
do you think that using drugs in general means you get immediately caught? that only happens if you're poor and black
steroids are so safe legally in any non-australia first world country that the suppliers operate on the clearnet
>Illegal T is also controlled and distributed by people and individuals involved in loads of shady business and/or organized crime so I wouldn't be surprised if your self-medding has founded human trafficking
kek
anabolic steroids are the least shady illegal drugs there are (well, not counting psychedelics)
organized crime is for the most part working in things with a far higher demand
>The quality of the drugs you get can vary a lot and if you get a bad batch it can destroy your health
testosterone itself being something that regularly has 'bad batches' sold is a myth
when that happens, it generally happens for the more expensive and risky anabolics
'ftm self medding is super dangerous' is a ridiculous myth coming from anti-drug soccer mom attitudes and, i suspect, subconscious misandry
>>
>>7131867
>steroids are so safe legally in any non-australia first world country that the suppliers operate on the clearnet
Throw us some links then.
>>
>>7131953
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steroidsourcetalk/
>>
>>7128149
Guy here, I used to have periods too until I ripped off my ovaries.
Wait I never had ovaries.
Wrong thread.
>>
File: 1451863662114.jpg (28KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1451863662114.jpg
28KB, 413x395px
>>7132112
>ripped off
>off
If they were hanging on the outside you might have removed something completely different dude
>>
>>7129622
Shut up Im taking notes for true AGP roleplaying.

Continu on lads.
>>
>>7128225
>Thousands of bodybuilders self med T for gains
>Ftms cant do it for more important reasons.
>>
File: ierogfg.jpg (124KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ierogfg.jpg
124KB, 1080x1080px
>>7132154
>bodybuilders are healthy role models
https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/big-dead-bodybuilders
>>
>>7132208
bodybuilders are also taking supraphysiological doses and adding other, more dangerous drugs to their cycles
a longitudal (some on t for decades) dutch study on trans men didn't even find a cardiovascular health risk above that of cis women, let alone cis men, at physiological male doses
anyone self-medding is doing it at physiological male doses or at least close to them unless they really, really fucked up
>>
>>7132208
>>7132249
plus, although there are high-profile cases of deaths from anabolic steroid use, it's extremely rare and overall even taking t at supraphysiological doses is safe
this whole thread is reminding me of when some aap faggot on reddit told me he knew a guy who tried to self med t and it turned out to be heroin
>>
>>7131189
Alright, Ayden.

>>7131204
The first one. My parents are accepting but want me to wait until legal.
>>
>>7132422
>My parents are accepting but want me to wait until legal
that's an oxymoron, friend-o
obviously you're in a better position than someone who's being correctively raped or something but accepting parents don't withhold medical treatment
>>
>>7128149

Don't you live in the US? Why can't you get T legally?

Also, why are you chasing MtFs when for all anyone else knows you'll turn into a cock-sucking faggot on T?
>>
>>7132458
Not really. Its not like T is 100% necessary, I can wait but of course periods are hard. Right now them using my name and pronouns is what I care about most.

>>7133077
I'm already a cock sucking faggot.
>>
>>7133096

I mean one who goes after cis gay men.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 340x270px
>>7128186
Speak for yourself. I experienced no symptoms on birth control, and I had periods as bad as you. It really made being pre-T miles easier.

Anyway Cal, before I went on birth control and still had periods, using reusable pads was a lot less depressing. The part I hated most was friction rashes and pulling sticky pads off my briefs (these have velcro instead). Plus they save money.
>>
>>7133699
Menstrual cups
>>
>>7128149
https://www.bustle.com/articles/124122-how-thinxs-period-underwear-for-transgender-men-is-creating-a-more-inclusive-period-experience found out about this today, might be of interest to you, won't have to deal with the dysphoria of switching out pads/tampons and can still wear boxers
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.