[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /lgbt/ think of non binary transgender people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: logo.jpg (9KB, 263x230px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
9KB, 263x230px
what does /lgbt/ think of non binary transgender people?
>>
Freaks
>>
>>7122983
Made up nonsense, honestly..
>>
>>7123017
why so?
>>
I guess I'm one when I feel my body should be female but I dont actually feel the need to present or live as a girl? Its not a sexual thing (would be much less confusing if it was)
>>
I watched this old sailing video about Indo/Malaysia in the 80s and they had these gender bending elders that were the spiritual leaders in the tribe. It's not that weird, especially in SEA but generally I think being between genders is not a good place to be. Hard on the self. I'm not an expert in lgbt just a visitor but there's a lot of dysfunction that is connected and it's kind of a chixken-egg thing
>>
Disgusting
>>
>>7123029
you might be confusing gender identity with gender roles. they're two different things
>>
>>7122983
Just confused people, some cis and some trans
>>
i'm transgender and passing, but i don't really feel like a girl at all

it's just that it's more comfortable to present as one i guess.
>>
File: PregLady.jpg (94KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
PregLady.jpg
94KB, 690x960px
>>7122983
I'm genderfluid, biological male, straight.

I imagine myself as female sometimes, including dreams.

I haven't yet dressed as a woman for the ngiht out, wish I can do that.
>>
I am very skeptical about the existence of non binary identities.
>>
File: c43.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>
>>7126087
a lot of people say so but i never understood why, care to explain?
>>
>>7122983
Mentally ill, like all transgenders. What are you going to do about them
>>
If you believe something is wrong with your sex characteristics (dysphoria) and you change them through transition, you're trans. I can buy that it's possible to harbor dysphoria against both female and male parts, wanting either neither (genital nullification even maybe) or both in some form (like femboys who basically make themselves futa lite but mostly identify as male). In these contexts, I can buy non-binary identities, but feel like non-binary is a bullshit term because nothing and both still pertains to the binary options of female and male. Also, you can't prove it the same way you can prove mtfs or ftms validity (brainscans, hormonal mapping...) which makes me pretty skeptical about them. Still, nothing and both is, I believe, still in the realm of possibility.
Any gender identity that has nothing to do with genitals is just gender expression of a cis person, and thus most nb identities are bullshit made up by people who don't understand the difference between gender norms and actual gender. You okay with your sex characteristics, love your body or shit like that? Unless you're intersex or post-op and just happy with results, you're plain cis.
>>
>>7122983
The only people I'd recognise are out of the masc to fem spectrum are nullos.
>>
although there hasn't been much research done into the area here are some studies:

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/06/384104070/paiges-story
ctrl f "case" and read from there

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28582-scans-prove-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-male-or-female-brain/

also dysphoria is not limited to your genitals i believe. But yeah non binary is such a shit term, nothing and both is still pretty binary.
>>
>>7123023
Just because you express yourself in a way that isn't typical of either gender doesn't mean you're an entirely different gender
"neutral" has always filled that non-gender-specific void in language and in culture for as long as language and culture have existed.
Try justifying any gender outside of the established 2. I'll wait.
>>
They're all snowflakes or confused trannies babystepping their way to trannydom.
>>
>>7123712

Most cis girls don't "feel" like girls either, because when you simply are one without challenge or dissonance, it's not a conscious thing.
>>
>>7122983
special snowflake teenage girls who decided that they were running the transgender community and behave like nazis attempting to remove any 'hateful' transpeople from the 'community'
>>
Theres a lot of tumblrina bullshit out there over this, but by and large nb people exist.

Some use it as a transitional term, since moving from one binary to another is difficult and intimidating, but some people are comfortable existing inbetween or outside of the classic boy/girl ideas of presentation.

I know a few (other) people who identify as nb. Personally, i want to go on hrt and feminize, but i dont know if im going to lazer, or feel the need to present hard femme. I like the idea of being hormonally female and also embracing some of my male characteristics, like facial hair.

Or maybe not. Maybe ill start, realize im a girl, and stop using neutral language. Who fucking knows.
>>
>>7127692
it's a common misconception but expressing yourself in a way that's not typical of a gender isn't what being nb is.

you might want to take a look at the articles this anon posted: >>7127649
>>
>>7128036
Just give me the tldr senpai I'm tired of skimming gender bullshit
>>
>>7128272
1st link:
the same person will perform differently on certain tests depending on whether they are in male or female mode.

2nd link:
very few people had all of the brain features they might be expected to have, based on their sex.
averaged across many people, sex differences in brain structure do exist. But inidviduals will have a mix of features
>>
>>7127896
tumblrina bullshit is literally why people assume legit nb people are special snowlflakes. fucking hate those people.
>>
>>7128307
>male or female mode.
alternating between the two is still being either one, another or inbetween.
>>
I think a lot of dumb teens use NB as their gateway to either being trans or actually realizing who they are just from standard puberty shit and just wanting a special label

considering I've had dysphoria over male features and dysphoria over female features and have felt the whole 'female/male mode' thing, plus medical stuff to try and find my perfect middle ground, I'd say it's really stupid to just discount NB entirely, especially if you're trans yourself
>>
>>7122983
>what /lgbt/ thinks about attention whores?
Well I think it's an indication of a deeper problem, rather than trying to garner attention with such non issue they should be trying to deal with their actual problems.
>>
>>7128382
i copy pasted from the article, and for the record i never said that wasn't the case.
>>
>>7122983
>what does /lgbt/ think of young female attention whores?

I try my best to avoid them.
>>
>>7128393
look up the definition of trans, the term includes NB people too
>>
>>7128457
i'm aware of that, I say I'm trans because of that

I was talking about MTF and FTM in particular obviously
>>
>>7128401
who are you to say that this isn't an actual problem for them?
>>
>>7122983
To all of you who think this is made up shit.
Have any one of you talked to an actual NB person before? and i'm not talking about the tumblr kind.
>>
>>7122983
I feel agendered the way asexual people feel no sex drive. I don't particularly feel a need to be feminine or masculine. But I don't go around fucking demanding people call me anything but female. Why get upset over it?
>>
>>7128612
That seems more like apathy than anything else

I don't demand people call me anything, but the majority of the people I know are aware referring to me as he or she makes me feel really uncomfortable
>>
They're not transgender.
>>
>>7128716
they are by definition

look it up
>>
>>7128746
transgender is a cancerous term
they are not transsexual by definition
transsexual is the only true term
>>
>>7128809
such pure bait, truly a shining example to all future baits
>>
>>7122983
Is that the symbol for people who identify as freeway off ramps?
>>
>>7122983
We need a sticky for all the FAQ questions this board gets
>>
>>7128307

1. Everyone will perform differently on tests under different circumstances.

2. Everyone has traits in between the two extremes. That's the point. That's why nonbinary is a snowflake term that tries to make being an average human into something special and tries to make brand new genders out of perfectly normal variations. Literally no one perfectly conforms to male or female.
>>
File: O RLY...jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
O RLY...jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>7123017
Hah, you think?

I can't stand going outside not en femme. And I've seemed to pass consistently, somehow. But I have obvious male functions. And I can tolerate a very sizeable percentage of male activities. And there are many people who I'm lucid enough to realize will never see me as anything but a man, no idea why.

I need to punch people like you, you people can't have against that since I don't exist anyway, if you act hurt you'd be just like an ostensibly fouled brazilian soccer player.
>>
>>7130202
see >>7129888
also checked
>>
File: atusm.png (14KB, 656x57px) Image search: [Google]
atusm.png
14KB, 656x57px
I'm autistic and apparently its a symptom to feel like basically neither gender and not really have a clear sense of identity so thats my explanation. although it isnt interpreted like that for most people and im seen as just cringe or ftm because its more understandable
>>
>>7122983
>non binary
>trans

pick one
>>
>>7132540
Oh, thanks for your insight, because some other people are super-devoted to some things, I'm just am insufferable snowflake too stupid to conceive that I'm just quintessentially totally average.
>>
>>7122983
I don't really care about them
>>
>>7129888
Average humans don't feel the need to go on hrt/get surgery to get a more neutral look
>>
>>7122983
http://www.strawpoll.me/11537322

vote away
>>
>>7122983
i think non binary is a gender expression rather than identity
>>
>>7123035
>I'm not an expert in lgbt
this is what tumblr does, you cant opine unless you are an expert and coincidentally they are the experts
>>
File: 1459528944020.jpg (250KB, 960x833px) Image search: [Google]
1459528944020.jpg
250KB, 960x833px
>>7123751
you are a crossdresser
stop believing whats more comfortable to you

distorting reality to hide your shame is pathetic
you shouldnt feel shame in the beginning
>>
>>7122983
I prefer not to. Genders outside of male and female are nothing more than mythical things invented by the plague that is 2016
>>
>>7126556
transgenders at least have a genetic origin for their illnesess
these people are just deluded on purpose
>>
>>7122983
I would like to have just one boob, is that weird?
>>
XX XY,
thats it,

fuckin tumblrinas making it harder for me to find out my sexuality
>>
>>7145569

Like an amazon!
>>
>>7144992
Actually, no.

They've existed for longer than that, you retard.

Lots of peoples have them.
>>
>>7145581
you get to be bi gay straight or fuckless take your pick
>>
>>7145581
though i also dislike tumblr, it's worth pointing out you're factually wrong and there are more people who are neither xx nor xy than there are trannies
>>
>>7122983

Have mercy, we can't learn a new gender everyday.

Just tell me if you like benis or vagina.
>>
They might exist but not to the extent they are represented now. Most people identifying as non binary are either confused about their own identity, using the identity as a stepping stone between genders while they ponder actual transition MtF or FtM, are making it up for oppression points or are people that confuse gender with gender roles.

But I'm sure actual non binary people could exist, if there was any way to filter all those others.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>7122983
Bullshit.

You're either biologically female or biologically male or intersex. You either have sex dysphoria motivating you to make physical changes to your biological sex or you don't.

Everything else is about personality, creating communities of misunderstood individuals who interpret their stress at the face of sex stereotypes as some sort of internal specialty of themselves instead of just one of the many reactions any person may have to enforced sex stereotypes, etc.
>>
>>7148503
What if I like benis but 99% of the time not the man who's attached to it?
Well I also like vulva so I guess I can just say that and not say anything about the love of benis.
>>
>>7148605
i guess it;s personality if you want to go on hrt and get surgery to get a more gender neutral look huh?
>>
>>7126549
Because there are literally only two genders. Male and female. Gender is NOT on a spectrum, unlike sexuality. Gender norms do not equal making up hundreds of entirely new genders. Simple as that.
>>
>>7153927
Is this true?!?!?
>>
>>7123017
It's not made up nonsense. But I understand why you say this.
>>
>>7148491
Most intersex people are still either male or female. Depends on their condition, as there's a wide range of intersex conditions

True hermaphroditism (xx and xy both present in tissues) actually does happen, but it's extremely rare.

There's still only two genders and sexes. If you're inbetween the two somehow then fine, but that doesn't make you a mysterious third gender or sex.
>>
Non binary people arent trans. They're just nb.
>>
>>7155543
this. they're also mentally impaired.
>>
>>7155543
actually no....by definition they are trans
>>
>>7153927
looks like you didn't do your research senpai
>>
Complete nonsense, like all transsexuals. And people are somehow okay that we are mainstreaming delusion and perpetuating mental illness. Whatever happened to decency and self-respect?
>>
You can not be non-binary and trans. Trans means opposite, you are the opposite gender. Non-binary means you are a women who wants to exert her female privilege and not lose any of it.
>>
>>7156408
look up the fucking definition on google and then talk to me
>>
>>7156994
dude chill
>>
File: 1362129635741_zps3e3cfb0f.jpg (66KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1362129635741_zps3e3cfb0f.jpg
66KB, 612x612px
>>7122983
They bring far more negative attention to our cause than even hons. At least most hons aim to blend into society and live somewhat normal lives, NB's are just attention hungry freaks who get off on being different and "challenging" society.

The best example of a female NB is Miley, who shaved her head and jumped on the NB snowflake bandwagon, yet aside from claiming to be NB is still engaged to a man and lives as a woman but just wears a bunch of weird shit.

They should be gassed or forced into gulags quite frankly.
>>
>>7159693
what does being engaged to man have anything to do with nb
>>
>>7159922
By all accounts Liam Hemsworth is a heterosexual man who is with her because of her female identity, it's clear for anyone to see its all just about the attention and $$$ for her. If she was really spending half her time as a guy I don't think he'd be inclined to be with her.

You can't expect to be bob one day and susan the next and have people be perfectly okay with that, it's too much of a headfuck especially when combined with 'muh pronouns' which can range from anything.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.