[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there are only 2 genders.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
there are only 2 genders.
>>
File: 35345.png (497KB, 781x690px) Image search: [Google]
35345.png
497KB, 781x690px
>>7119659
and now there's just the two of us -- care to duel ?
>>
Work on your baiting skillz son
>>
Turbovirgin should be a legitimate placeholder gender
>>
I'm unironically willing to accept the existence of a 3rd social gender

I think we need to cap it at 3 though
>>
File: 1476321359195.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476321359195.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>7119696
We need a new gender for waifus
>>
>>7119659
Im in love with this canadian owl man.
>>
There are only two genders

Tomato
Potato
>>
>>7120399
Tumblr-tier post
Off yourself
>>
and everything in between :P
>>
>>7119659
>>7119659
>>7119659
Only two genders... where? In your idealized personal take on what Western society is? Do you really think that is a cultural universal?

There are more societies than just your own. Some of them have three genders. Some may have none. Additionally, in each of these "societies," the meaning of each gender, and indeed the meaning of gender itself, is going to be culturally specific.

You seem to be confused regarding the difference between sex and gender. Even so, both exist on a spectrum, as do all things in nature, excluding perhaps the most fundamental of particles.

Determining a "number" of genders is something you fags constantly argue about, when the question itself is fallacious. Gender is ENTIRELY cultural constructed, as the term refers to overlapping semiotic relationships, rather than the physical body to which these are mapped.

There is no quantity of genders, as the expression of gender is a universal subjective phenomenon, rather than a discrete natural trait of the universe. I hope that you get fucked for making this thread, and please try harder next time. Saged.

If you are going to respond to this comment, please engage with my claims in a proper rhetorical fashion. If you are planning to reply to this thread at all, I would encourage you to either sage or reconsider.
>>
>>7120405
>is too autistic to detect sarcasm
Kys you fucking retard.
>>
>>7120586
Science and biology (aka FACTS) would disagree with you. In humans, you have male and female. Anything other than that is a genetic fuckup
>>
>>7120647
>reading comprehension this low
Gender, not sex, you retard
>>
>>7120654
Prove me wrong. Make and female give rise to every living human in this world. If you think there's some 3rd gender popping out and producing babies...
>>
File: third_gender_revealed.png (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
third_gender_revealed.png
7KB, 180x180px
>>7119659
PETITION FOR THREE GENDERS
>MALE
>FEMALE
>APPLEBEE'S

https://strawpoll.de/s33cxd1
>>
File: IMG_0942.jpg (59KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
59KB, 500x330px
>mfw gender is made up. Imaginary. Just like the concept of time and numbers, human means of making sense of the world
>>
>>7120771
Sex: McRib
>>
>>7120586
>Some of them have three genders.
This is 100% wrong. The two gender thing is universal.
>>
>>7120673
You didn't actually respond to anything they said.

You know that sex is not the same as gender, or?
>>
>>7120936
Literally try google
>>
>>7121346
The OP is talking about gender and I replied about gender. I could care less what gives you a boner or what makes you wet. Male/Female.
>>
>>7121355
>hurr durr google it
If you're so confident in your knowledge about gender, namedrop some ancient and current societies that has anything but 2 genders as the standard.
>>
>>7121373
Kill yourself.

You are a cancerous shitposter.

Saged for autism and idiocy.

I hope that you are hit by a train.
>>
>>7119659
Mine and yours?
>>
>>7121389
The existence of multiple gender societies is not even fundamental to the structure of my argument. It's an accessory, if anything.

However, wikipedia has a great page on it.

Do you morons really have a hard time understanding the notion that gender refers to social behavior rather than the physical body? It's a very simple concept.
>>
>>7121402
If gender refers to how society views a behavior, i.e. masculine or feminine, how can there be a third gender?
>>
>>7121402
It absolutely has importance to your argument. It shows that the "more than 2 gender" theory have evolved naturally in multiple societies, without intervention of people with interest in changing the opinion of the public.
If something has evolved naturally in multiple societies, that means it's not just your opinion, but the natural unadulterated opinion of many. If people universally assume there are only two genders, what does that say about your argument?
>yes but feelings and my subjective opinion of this and that and-
Just an opinion.
Now, mind namedropping some?
>>
There are only two genders that matter. Girl and gurl.

The rest of it is breedershit and tumblrshit.
>>
>>7121495
End your life, dyke.
>>
>>7121414
>>7121475
I refuse to engage with such a low level of rhetoric.
>>
>>7121661
Can never get a good argument other than hur dur do the research yourself
>>
>>7121685
I will give you an impeccable argument once you read through and critically engage with my original comment. So far all you said is "I don't see any third genders." Things that are considered third genders are very numerous, and again, you could simply ask wikipedia; this is a minor point of my original post. If you simply did not understand all of it or would like elaboration, I can help with that.
>>
>>7119659
If you go for the meme that gender and sex are different things, then you could argue that gender is cultural or whatever the fuck. But obviously there are only two biological sexes, male and female. And even the most hardcore trans/queer/nonbinary/etc folk are still playing into that dynamic whether they realize it or not. The binary will always exist unless genetic engineering gets ridiculously advanced.
>>
>>7122293
Your entire fucking argument is that "gender is a cultural construct". You can't even prove it. If gender is a cultural construct, why do all cultures reach the conclusion that there's only two gender? Feel free to avert my question and claim poor rethorics if this question is too challenging for you, you little faglord.
>>
>>7122330
That's literally the definition of gender.

Gender refers to the social enactment that correlates with sex.

Allow me to reiterate that if your discussion does not even get as far as concordant definitions, then you are failing wholly at rhetoric.
>>
>>7122442
If you allow me to ask, your highness. If all cultures reach the conclusion that there are but two genders, why should that be challenged? Why would that be wrong? Why do you need to add more? Certainly it has zero practical reasons as it just confuses the vast majority of the population? Do you want all cultures on Earth to change according to your selfish wish, or just the one you live in?
>>
>>7119659
Who cares? As in, why do you care what some retarded high schooler decides to call herself for three years?

Get over yourself. Stop searching for things to be outraged about.

The gender thing is the least of your worries when it comes to sjw's. You should be more worried about the suppression of free speech than the number of genders your culture identifies as existent.
>>
>>7119659
Gender doesn't exist, just sex. Read a biology book.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.