[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do trans girls experience male privilege or female privilege?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: 4534534.jpg (27KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
4534534.jpg
27KB, 720x720px
Do trans girls experience male privilege or female privilege?
>>
Usually neither.
Trans girls may often treated like perverts, but also have their opinions discarded.
>>
>>7116684
Yeah pretty much this, we have 0 privilege
>>
there's no such thing as female privilege. trans women experience a particularly acute intersection of misogyny and transphobia.
>>
>>7117043
Pretty much this OP.

It displays itself in their eyes, the way they look at you. It's as if they feel like they're simultaneously looking at a T-Rex and a clown. Or something like that. It's a confused terror that you can't be mad at them for, it just makes you really fucking sad you make them feel that way.

And yeah, your opinions or even your factual presentation of information becomes worthless. I've had guy co-workers completely ignore me giving information and listen to the chick standing next to me say the same thing after me.
>>
File: IMG_3649.jpg (76KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3649.jpg
76KB, 768x960px
there's no such thing as male privilege. trans women experience a particularly acute intersection of misandry and transphobia.

One different note, FTMs retain their female privilege in totality regardless of where they are in their transition.
>>
It kind of seems like it's misogyny, misandry, and transphobia all mixed into one chimaeric horrifying mess. Perfect right?
>>
>>7116680
well, female privilege doesn't exist so obviously not that
trans girls are male so male privilege
>>
pre-transition they have some male priviledge, but male socialization is often kinda botched and doesn't work to the extent it does in cis males.

Post-transition, as anon above said, a particularly acute intersection of misogyny and transphobia, depending on how well you pass.
>>
Why is everyone being so negative? I'm trans (mtf) and I'd say I've experienced a bit of both. Since I was raised male I've been taught to be assertive which is very useful, and now that I've transitioned guys are really nice to me, so I end up with lots of people trying to help me. I can even use whichever restroom I want; in the women's I just act shy and nobody minds me, and in the men's I just glare if anyone looks at me until they back off. Although I generally just use the women's because I don't like unnecessary conflict, unless there's like a long queue at the women's or something.
>>
>>7117036
>0 privilege
lol if you live in a 1st world country you have the privilege of being able to go on hormones and have surgery
>>
>>7117395
How is that a privilege?
>>
>>7117408
You're entitled as fuck.
>>
>>7116680
The real gender norms are best described using the categories men/women and children/freaks.

This leads to the fundamental rule of gender: the purpose of men is to protect women and children from being broken by the freaks.

In this case, trannies, gays, NEETs, etc., are the freaks. As a result, all of these groups are basically oppressed.

It explains pretty much all gender dynamics, like why trannies are disgusting (they're supposed to have a protective role, but abandon and attempt to themselves be protected), why people are condescending towards women (they are seen as children, which is due to women's neoteny, which btw trannies don't have), etc.

It also explains non-PC things like men being the disposable sex and stuff.
>>
It really depends on your views of this concept of privilege.

If you are some kind of feminist, you'll likely think that the negative experience faced by transwomen is misogyny.
If you are some kind of men-feminist-thing, you'll likely think that the negative experience is from misandry.

I personally believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but that it isn't 100% clear cut like many people seem to believe.
>>
File: 1471816763871.jpg (71KB, 793x399px) Image search: [Google]
1471816763871.jpg
71KB, 793x399px
>>7116680
Depends on the country.
Some places will hugbox them, some will murder them.

I live in the later.
>>
>>7116680
>female privilege
Cis living in a first world country. But I still experience misogyny on a daily basis. So please tell me what female privilege are you talking about?
>>
>>7117508
You won't be conscripted into the military.

When shit hits the fan it is "women and children first".

Men are more likely not to graduate post-secondary, more likely to work a job with safety hazard, more likely to be imprisoned and more likely to commit suicide.

Women and men equally guilty of the same crime will not be equally punished. Guess which gender the court goes easy on.

I could go on but I think you get the point.
>>
>>7116680
They experience both, which is why trans girls are the MOST powerful race in the world.
>>
>>7117043
>there's no such thing as female privilege

if male privilege is a thing then female privilege is most definitely a thing. I know it's hard but try to think about it objectively and you'll see the truth.
>>
>>7117410
>Earn money
>Buy hormones and surgery
LOL ENTITLED
>>
>>7117542
>You won't be conscripted into the military.
I said first world country, which country still forces people into the military?

>When shit hits the fan it is "women and children first".
Well when we're on a cruise and we hit an iceberg I guess you win that point.

>Men are more likely not to graduate post-secondary, more likely to work a job with safety hazard, more likely to be imprisoned and more likely to commit suicide.

Women with a degree still earn less then men who do the exact same job, we are more likely to study for longer because we are less likely to land a job without it. Men working those "hazardous" jobs got into that job because of females being deemed unfit to work those jobs. Men are more likely to be imprisoned is probably due to men being more aggressive and violent, females tend to commit smaller crimes then males. The higher suicide rates are due to society to expect more on men then women, yes society expects less of women, because we are women and we seem unfit for most things.

Tbqh I dont see any of these points relating to female privilege. More of a "it sucks to be a man too." Which is something I cant argue with considering I am not a man. But some of those points you guys get the shit because of misogyny still being present.

>Women and men equally guilty of the same crime will not be equally punished. Guess which gender the court goes easy on.
Is that a privilege? I mean Im not planning on committing any crimes. Besides Im pretty skeptical on this point maybe in an American court. With a jury of "equal peers" where people seem to feel more sympathy for the girl then the guy. But this is something hard to argue with as I dont know any crimes where the girls gets it easier, mostly because the nature of the crime is always different and everyone is trialed differently. I can see why jury's/judges can be fooled by the fact that a girl couldn't do a severe crime because shes a girl and we're supposed to be soft in nature.
>>
>>7117634
Tumblr please go.

It doesn't matter if you mean to exploit your privilege or not, or if the privilege is based in gender bias.
You still HAVE the privilege, ergo, you're privileged.
>>
>>7117391
If you can get away with using the men's, then you are probably making people uncomfortable in the women's
>>
>>7116680
neither.

trans guys get both.
>>
>>7117634
>I said first world country, which country still forces people into the military?

Tons actually, from third to first world.
Finland for example does and it's a better country than USA.

>Well when we're on a cruise and we hit an iceberg I guess you win that point.
Very funny anon but you know whenever there's some nasty thing happening that will hurt a lot of people it's pretty much common knowledge that women and children will be evacuated first.
It goes from natural disasters to wars or even terrorist attacks.

Anyways not going to waste my time quoting you in the rest, I'm not even a male and I can see the bias in you.
>>
>>7117661
>and it's a better country than USA.
There's no such thing?
>>
>>7117651
I know for a fact that I don't, but whatever you say.
Based on the looks on their faces I'm certain it's the men I'm making uncomfortable, but I just don't care since they're too pussy to say anything anyway so they can't stop me. Plus it's not like other women don't use the men's room as well if the women's is crowded so that makes it even harder for them to complain about it to me.
>>
>>7117043
>theres no such thing as female privilege
>misogyny and transphobia
ayyyyyyy
>>
>>7117661
Don't forget many Eastern Asian countries - South Korea
>>
>>7117661
>Very funny anon but you know whenever there's some nasty thing happening that will hurt a lot of people it's pretty much common knowledge that women and children will be evacuated first. It goes from natural disasters to wars or even terrorist attacks.

Thats why 90% of all the refugees running away from war are male. They leave their wife and kids behind so they can go to the west and build a better life, and maybe in the future send their wife and kids over.
>>
>>7117715
That's because they're not refugees. They're invaders.
>>
>>7117715
Now you're using some really shitty example.
all these muslim refugees are either economical migrants or literally isis warfighters that are using the refugee opportunity to enter the countries they want to attack.

Anyways shitty example and you're clearly retarded.
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>7117733
burgerclap: the post
>>
>>7117761
>Implying Americans are the only smart ones.
Germans are rapidly getting redpilled despite serious government efforts to the contrary.
>>
>>7117508
You can work with children or even watch kids playing without society thinking you're a creep or pervert.

Kindness and caring about other people is seen as a virtue instead of weakness.

You can cry in public with far less social stigma.

You're seen as empowered and brave for being a parent with a job (goes extra if you're a working single mother).

There are far, far more women's support networks and shelters than men's. Men make up the majority of the homeless yet receive less aid, and no gender specific aid.
>>
>>7117391
Not all trans women were socialized as men. I transitioned early on, and even before taking HRT and like going ""full-time"" or whatever, I was entirely outside of the social group of boys, albeit never fully in the social group of girls. In elementary school I would join the girls team during girls vs boys, or volunteer to referee. When they did sex ed and split up girls and boys I would either try to stay with the girls, or just leave. By middle school I didnt feel comfortable using the boys restroom, and managed to get out of PE by basically being trans (they didn't want to put me with the girls or give me my own space, so they just rescinded the phys ed requirements)

I didn't have male friends growing up, and still don't know how to talk to or interact with boys (exception is trans boys) . Most of the social messages I internalized growing up were aimed at girls, and while my hobbies were never stereotypically feminine or masculine, I tended to naturally pick up feminine behavioral patterns which I was of course bullied for. I compensated for this bullying not by changing my attributes, but by getting good at fighting back and generally being a little shit.

I also never really passed as a straight boy, like even as kid I looked either like I was super gay, or I just looked straight up like a girl. When I got older most people assumed I was gay by looking at me, although some even thought I was a lesbian, probably in part cause my voice never finished dropping.
>>
>>7117726
Kill yourself, Trumpette
>>
>>7117395
Stop this garbage it's not like trans women in the third world don't transition. In fact you might even get subsidies for hrt meds if you lived in Iran, Thailand, or Cuba and you're friendly with elites. There are poor fucks in Detroit that have worst chances at transitioning than a middle class girl in São Paulo.
>>
>>7117408
Living in a first world country is most definitely a privilege. Stop this trans people/trans women have absolutely no privilege meme.

>>7118221
Did i say no one in the third world could transition? Its just not as easily accessible and there isn't as much support in those places than the U.S., Canada, U.K. etc.
Also Brazil and Cuba are not third world countries.
>>
File: 1475952965583.png (230KB, 430x590px) Image search: [Google]
1475952965583.png
230KB, 430x590px
>>7118221
Brazilian trans here and I have to tell you the prices for medication are extremely high, that's why we have so many in the sex industry.

And when I mean extremely high I'm not joking, you literally need 4 minimum wages just for the injections and even middle class families can't afford that because the hormones alone aren't the only money sinks.

I live with my mom and dad and I'm pretty lost at how I get these without doing anything I could regret.

Also jfyi I'm not super poor, dad retired in the airforce as a lieutenant.

Also trying to order spiro from overseas is extremely dangerous due to being a federal crime, most of the time you can get lucky and the customs guys will let it go but if you're unlucky a single time it's jail.

I have considered going to canada because of this, maybe there I can sort my things out without all these problems.

Seriously, even someone in detroit has better chances because they are at least in the US already, so it's basically a state away from getting a job at mcdonalds and getting your transition going.
>>
>>7118292
Everyone else can pay for it as well... And it's not a privilege to have to go through procedures and treatment that others don't have to go through.
>>
>>7116680
Lol
All this bullshit.
There are a number of trans women who came out and said that being a women (they actually look like real females, and not men with make-up) is a lot easier, you get instant attention by every male, they try to fullfill your wishes and get you to like them.

Females have more privileges than males.
As a female i wouldn't be forced into the military, i would be able to live without working a single hour, i get all the attention and favors simply because people want to impress me, i wouldn't even have to deal with other guys trying to attack my "alpha" position or anything like this, no territorial fights atl all, i would choose my partner instead of being chosen, and i wouldn't have to be afraid of showing emotions, i could show pain if i feel it openly, and when im sad i wouldn't have to suppress it.

And i could also be as aggressive as i want without being punched or attacked, and people would defend me physically as well as my opinions and positions just to impress me.

Girls just have an easier live, at least in a western country.
>>
>>7118372
>i would be able to live without working a single hour,

this is a myth.
even the most gorgeous women have to work.
even melania trump has to suck gorgon cock.
>>
>privilege
>existing
oh kek
>>
>>7118478
>even melania trump has to suck gorgon cock.

that honestly sounds much worse than working minimum wage for your whole life
>>
>>7117043

Lower prison sentences in court for the same crimes, more likely to be given custody of children, all else being equal, being perceived as harmless and eternal victims despite domestic violence being shown to be perpetrated equally by both genders... bullshit you have no privilege.
>>
>>7117881
Underrated post
>>
>>7117733
What the fuck does tumbler have to do with it? You go to fucking tumbler so you can wine with all your shitty SJW's on how terrible your tranny lives are and talk about your non existant female privilages.

But on here we are realistic and talk about the real world and not your fake made up fairytale world.
>>
>>7116680
If they pass as male then male privilege, if they pass as female then female privilege, if they pass as neither then you're in another category
This is a pretty good analysis:
https://radtransfem.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/genderternary-transmisogyny/

Keep in mind that if you're unattractive then you don't really benefit from either type of sex privilege
>>
>>7118850
>radtransfem
>genderternary-transmisogyny

I'm too scared of going there and my hair turning pink and thick rimmed glasses appearing in my face thus making me permanently triggered by the world.
>>
>>7118770
LOL

Edgy, my dude. This is the place of wallowing in self-pity, my pal. Have you really not considered that "OMFg, TRIGGERED!!1" is as much of a stereotype as "4chan is a white supremacist website dedicated to conversations about gassing minorities and gays"?
>>
>>7118161
thanks for the blog post
>>
File: Doctorlol.png (196KB, 382x319px) Image search: [Google]
Doctorlol.png
196KB, 382x319px
>>7117043

Not bad. Try a little harder next time.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.