[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being suicidal, disabled and Gay...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20161024-125026.png (295KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161024-125026.png
295KB, 480x800px
Im a disabled, gay guy in Arkansas. Life has been pretty positive, but the simple fact is this. I miss dating, but I wont just settle down for anyone because I need a charity case. I want someone to be able to look past the physical aspects of me and treat me like im supposed to be treated. Being treated less than for all these years makes me wanna off myself, but I still see some kind of light.
>>
literally you
>>
>>7113271
I looked through a gay related tag on tumblr and saw a seriously crippled gay guy get a lot of notes on his selfies.

He has a nice face, do you have a nice face? It and positivity seems to be all you need.

>tfw ugly
>>
I have an ok face.
>>
>>7113398
Nah, y'all won't like him no matter what he looks like, and I don't want to be responsible for the anonymous trashing of a cripple.
>>
>>7113271
What kind of disability you have?
>>7113493
You'd be surprised.
>>
File: 1477416094269560540660.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1477416094269560540660.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
I have spina bifida.
>>
>>7113271
What part of Arkansas are you from gay crippled anon.
>>
>>7113560
how much does it cripple your body?

anyway as an able bodied guy i can tell you that 50% of the reasons the average person doesn't want to deal with disabled people it's because it's awkward.
we don't know how to talk with disabled people, we fear of hurting their feels, we fear of sounding too condescendent if we try not to hurt their feels, we are annoyed because we grab too much attention in the public walking with a disabled person, we constantly have to watch our language because we fear that simply saying "i brought the dog out for a walk yesterday" might trigger sadness in a person who can't walk.
people who work in medical/social assistence might have been cured from this awkwardness.

you are the one that needs to aknowledge and remove this social barrier right from the first conversation/writing a profile of an online dating site.
you have to be able to take hits and not crumble if someone reject you or say something that might offend you even if he didn't really want you.
If people don't see you as a mentally frail individual that needs to be safeguarded and is insecure then you will have an higher chance of not being treated as a lesser being.

i know it sounds cheesy, but if Stephen Hawking menaged to get a nobel prize as disabled, then you can too excel at something.
It could be something with very little value, such as being a good D&D dungeon master or being really friendly to talk with.
You need to work on having a good trait, a good ability, anything.
Dating is like trading;people have valuable traits ( personality, money, nice looking body) and they want value in their partner too.You need something to offer and you need to market it well.
But it's not just about that:
being sure of yourself if the #1 trait most gay males are looking for in dating. Well, after dick size and abs maybe.If you have something you feel good at,something to be proud of, then you'll be able to be and appear more sure of yourself.
>>
>>7113560
>spina bifida
Which of the variations? Also how much does it impair you?

I'm asking because depending on the situation you just need to be extremely patient and one day you'll end up getting a cure.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.