[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here who identify as a non binary / tumblr / whatever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Cover.jpg (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
9KB, 500x500px
Anyone here who identify as a non binary / tumblr / whatever?
>>
>>7112069
ye
>>
>>7112105
Pls explain
>>
I am nonbinary. I however stick around /ftmg/. I don't discuss my gender much, especially since there's no thread on here for gq folk. Fyi, I don't use Tumblr either (or I do but strictly for fandom reasons; I don't visit any trans tags).

>>7112132

I don't have a proper label for my gender. I tried but it's just stressful and pointless. So I go with the generic umbrella term "genderqueer", which I usually refer to as "nonbinary" in public because "queer" is a slur to most still.

If I were to label myself I'd likely be genderfluid. Usually I feel... not quite agender but I want to be seen as neutral. I don't want to be seen as male or female. I wish I was neither. I wish to be referred to as "they"/"them"/"their". I am however am under the impression that that's impossible. I know other people proudly boast their pronouns but I am too nervous for that. I just want to blend in and I fear people will look down on me if I told them my gender. It's also embarrassing having to explain my gender.

Sometimes however I feel female and sometime I feel male. That's quite rare but it happens. By "feel female" I mean my dysphoria disappears and I am fine in my birth sex (though much of the time I still hate my chest to varying degrees). "Feel male" means I feel male related dysphoria, which is similar but not identical to my normal state of dysphoria.

Right now I'm starting my transition. Going on T, gonna get top surgery too. I will likely pass as male until probably one day when I'm like 40 and get so stressed I just say "screw it" and make everyone call me neutrally.
>>
>>7112069
yes, but i'll repress how much it hurts me when im gendered by others because i dont want to get yelled at
>>
>>7112069
No, but that is a great album
>>
>>7112069

Tumblr is a gender identity... ?

wat
>>
>>7112984
What makes you think you won't feel dysphoric after T and all because you won't have a fem body on your fem days anymore? Not putting you down, just asking because that's mostly what keeps me from transitioning.

>>7113389
At this point it almost is. Venture into the tumblr tags (protip: "nb cutie"). That's one of a kind.
>>
>>7112069
I identify as tumblr.
Some days I feel like a meme blog, other days I feel like a soft grunge blog.

Call me xir please xxx
>>
Kinda, I don't really "identify" as any gender because I think that it is a sexist meme. It's a construct I don't feel the need to participate in.

That being said my presentation and behaviour would probably be classified as androgynous or only partially masculine/feminine

21 y.o AMAB on HRT
>>
>>7112069
i'm ex-nonbinary, then rejected all that genderist nonsense and am just a lesbian now
>>
why are all the non-binary 'tumblersexuals' always happen to be women?

oh right, cause men are shamed to hell for being non-manly and just called perverts and fetishists by all the parts of the society
>>
>>7113743
women who identify as trans are trying to escape the cruel reality that being born female means you are treated like shit. our society hates female bodies, many women experience dysphoria because of this
men who identify as trans do so because our society does not allow men to be gender nonconforming because it's only seen as degrading to perform femininity when it's done by a male. they think that liking "girly" things or fitting "feminine" stereotypes (empathetic, passive) means they must actually have "female brain" which is just backwards
>>
>>7113760
If you transition because you want to be treated better you are in for a surprise.
You're also shitting on real ftms so please do an hero.
>>
Not a tumblr, but I usually find myself uncomfortable with gender as a whole. When I try and see how I "feel" internally, I just feel nothing at all gender wise, like there isn't even a place for that information to go, if that makes sense. This still doesn't influence my appearance, so I never bring it up with anyone, but it's weird to hear people talk about this thing they feel and apparently derive some great sense of self from, that as far as I can tell I simply don't have.
>>
>>7113760
>women treated like shit
only in 3rd world, sorry if you live there
>>
>>7113458
>nb cutie
oh fuck you anon >:/
>>
File: 12qpug.jpg (27KB, 540x394px) Image search: [Google]
12qpug.jpg
27KB, 540x394px
>>7113760
>Our society hates female bodies

Citation needed
>>
File: IMG_0192.jpg (141KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0192.jpg
141KB, 960x960px
I feel like some trans women can't pass so they go the non-binary route instead.
>>
>>7113595
I respect your desire to be free from the gender meme, but I could never get behind the idea that gender is solely a social construct. I think social constructionism is an important theory at this point in human history but, in my view, it's not the full story. There's plenty of evidence to show that a person's chromosomes tend to correlate with meaningful behavioral differences. Not to mention the fact that claiming gender is nothing beyond a meme really throws mtfs and ftms under the bus; these people face significant oppression and denial of their realities. I know how I feel about my gender and I believe you and other non-binary people about how they feel about their gender. Gender isn't something that most people can simply "choose" not to participate in. I think your perspective is somewhat skewed by how you experience gender; admitting that it's real for many people does not invalidate its complete irrelevancy and lack of descriptive power for you.
>>
eat my hole
>>
>>7113509
xir you just made my day
>>
>>7113389
tumblrkin lol
>>
Then (sorry to get offtopic) why are most "nb" females? I'm guessing it's because women-- sorry, females are more accepted to be gender-role nonconforming than males?
>>
>>7114332
Women are more likely to hop on trends than men
>>
>>7114332
yes, they can do whatever the fuck they want and everyone thinks its cute and normal
a boy who tries to be girly gets judged much harsher sometimes rejected or even persecuted almost everywhere,
adult man in womens cloths might be seen as pervert sexoffender

and the second major reason is vain attentionwhoring, which is much more common in women
>>
>>7114332
idk I know 3 enbies and they were all amab.
>>
>>7114115
>I think social constructionism is an important theory at this point in human history but, in my view, it's not the full story. There's plenty of evidence to show that a person's chromosomes tend to correlate with meaningful behavioral differences.
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean when I say that gender is a meme. I think that it's obvious that what we perceive to be gendered behavior is the result of physical differences between the neurological profiles of male and female people, which is partially determined by the sex-activated hormonal effects that happen pre and post natally. Basically I subscribe to the view of eliminative materialism and I think that what we conceptualize as "gender identity" is a social construct. The differences in behavior between males and females stem from their different sexual strategies (the larger gamete in a heterogamous species being a limiting factor) which evolve individually (intrasexual) and on a societal/cultural (intersexual) level. As societies evolve and division of labour increases these physiological differences and sexual strategies stratify a social structure in which relationships are reinforced/punished and gender/sex roles are established. Of course due to the natural variation of human genes and environmental factors, there is a fair amount of males and females who happen to have a more cross-sex neural and hormonal profile. The way the gendered behavior of these people is manifested depends on the sorts of social context they are in, how much liberty they're allowed, how they perceive themselves, etc. There's been plenty of cultures who have actually had explicit categories for these people in the form of intermediate gender identities and spiritual/sexual roles, they just used different names for it. The way we conceptualize this phenomenon in our individualistic liberal democracies is the notion of "gender identity" as being a descriptor of your psychosexual profile.
>>
>>7114115
>>7115025 continued

>Not to mention the fact that claiming gender is nothing beyond a meme really throws mtfs and ftms under the bus;
I'm not doing it to discredit or hurt trans people I just think the way we use "gender identity" is an inaccurate social construct even though it is clearly quite useful for contextualizing trans people's experiences and improving their material conditions and standing. It's just that when people ask me what my gender identity is I don't really wanna say that I "identify" as some specific type if only for the sake of convenience. I don't like the idea of putting activities/behaviors into male and female categories and then testing myself against this standard to establish a relative level that represents me. It's an incredibly arbitrary exercise because it can never accurately depict my internal experience of gender.
I also don't like the sexist implications it promotes when making connections between psychosexual profile and actions/character. Overall I just really don't think it's necessary and I would prefer to just stop at asking for a gender neutral pronoun.

>these people face significant oppression and denial of their realities.
yeah no doubt being trans pretty much sucks and I feel quite bad for them, I don't really want to make it more difficult for them but that can't change my views on gender

>Gender isn't something that most people can simply "choose" not to participate in.
Of course, it's totally pervasive at all levels of society and is literally enforced upon people from birth. For me not participating is just a preference and I would appreciate if people abide by it. Of course I set the same expectation on myself even if I can't always be consistent
>>
>>7114043
It definitely hates the idea that women can choose what to do with their bodies.
>>
>>7115373
lol if you think I'm a nihilist you're completely misunderstanding me

"Gender identity" is a meme trans people came up with so that cis people could have an idea of what they are and how to handle it
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 736x941px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 736x941px
>>7112069
exclusively with other first nations people or within our community im recognized as two spirit, as well as with other trans people or people im very close with
i didnt really ever adopt the label, at first it was slapped on me almost lovingly by an elder at a gathering, and other elders and people who are first nations just go for it because they assume it
within first nations communities and traditional teachings two spirit people are considered sacred, LGBT people in general within a traditional sense are given a lot of respect
>>
>>7113458

Oh, I don't think I won't have dysphoria on T. It's just something I have to learn to deal with. There's no middle ground. I'd love the magical ability to change sexes at will but I ain't Ranma.

Tbqh, I lean towards butch even when in girl mode. Somewhere between soft butch and dapper butch; I'm too fem to be stone. Right now I can't see myself with breasts. I only would be comfortable wearing a bikini if my chest was like AAA or just plain flat. Voice dysphoria? No clue about that. I don't like my current voice but I don't like it even as a girl; I am not much for speaking.

>>7113595

I'm nb and never got that concept. Your gender is hard built into you. Maybe the "concept" is man made but so is the concept of time or that the grass is green. It doesn't make it invalid. Some people have no gender identity and that's okay, but they were most likely born that way.

>>7114078

Nah. A large number of femboys are nonbinary. Most trans women are just women.

>>7114332

Dunno. Tbqh I think there's a biological relation, like how some disorder and conditions lean towards one sex. I have heard others say it's social though--most dmaab genderqueer people are closeted and repressed. They either go femboy, go mtf, or just stay living as average cis males.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.