[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is transgender group therapy like? Are people weird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: meme me daddy.png.png (60KB, 1254x1254px) Image search: [Google]
meme me daddy.png.png
60KB, 1254x1254px
So, basically, a university in my country provides free care for transgender individuals, specifically free surgery and stuff, which is the only reason why I signed up in the first place, because I already have access to hormones, psychological therapy, and a support network.

They're gatekeepey as fuck though and I have to undergo two years of group and individual therapy before I'm allowed surgery (and even hormones, in theory, but if I acquire them with my own money through my endo then whatever).

I'm scared that I'll have nothing in common with the people there considering I pass, I'm in a relationship, I consider myself genuinely happy and shit couldn't be better right now, and I'm not even rushing for surgery and it's more out of my psychologist saying the waiting list is long so I might as well get in it already.

Does anyone have any horror (or positive) stories to either motivate me to straight up quit or keep going? The first session is on the 2nd of november and I'm freaked out.
>>
I say find your coverage for medical treatments through other means. It's really not worth the potential for a bad experience.
Passers have a while to wait before support groups will be passer-supportive; you'll probably find that participants are jealous hons and trender ftm's.
>>
>>7111417
Did you actually go to one of the groups? Sorry to ask, like, I already heard the stereotype of everyone in them is a jealous hon, but I really want to think otherwise. I feel like it's shitty internalized transphobia to even be scared of going there.
>>
>>7111436
9/10 of the people at the one I went to in Madison were amateur drag queen tier and over 30; I couldn't tell if they were on hormones or not, and none of them put effort towards their voice. There was a 18-22ish girl/boy that I couldn't identify the role of. There was a decently cute (as a male) mtf there who I talked with very briefly after the meeting. The group organizer was also the organizer for the crossdresser support group (I really should have heeded that warning).

Overall 2/10, a good learning experience but I saw what I had worried I would see.

And for reference, I'm mtf, sort of a handsome/femme male visually. (I don't really see it but people keep telling me I am so whatever)
>>
>>7111480
...Ooooh well. It seems they at least left you alone which is what I'm aiming for. I don't feel bad about being around nonpassers, it's mostly from being scared of people who could act up or something. Thanks!
>>
>>7111485
Most likely scenario is that an "ally" or trender will flip on you about some little thing; overall it's very unlikely. If you just want so sort of... take in the scene (which I guess is what I intended) then go ahead. Depending on where you're located, you may make something of it unlike me; I had to drive over an hour to get there so I wasn't planning any more than one visit.
And remember, all this is just my perspective/experience/opinion.
>>
>>7111362
I go to one on my campus regularly and I quite enjoy it desu, sure there are some weirdos and trenders at them but there are also some cool people.
It's really nice to have a relaxed setting where you can talk about issues in your life that pertain to trans shit and being around people who understand it. I think it's worth the risk as long as it's barred to college students only
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.