[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender Wage Gap/Wage Gap Discrimination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0058.png (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.png
11KB, 300x300px
Can someone enlighten me on this? I keep hearing how men control everything.
>>
>>7105652
Wage gap is a meme. Men are more likely to be in business and STEM, while women are more likely to major in humanities and social sciences. Men also negotiate more aggressively, and work longer hours.
>>
>>7105652
gender & sexual minority discussion =! gender discussion
>>
>>7105711
Then what is the appropriate board for gender discussion?
>>
File: terrified loli (1673).png (157KB, 521x602px) Image search: [Google]
terrified loli (1673).png
157KB, 521x602px
>>7105721
/r9k/ or /pol/ prolly babe, take your pic
>>
More women have low paying jobs than men. Women aren't generally payed less for the same work so no need to worry about that, but it's important to look at why the gap exists so more can be done to try to help women get to those higher paying jobs.
>>
>>7105805
They don't get to those jobs because they do not want to go for those jobs.

No one is keeping them out, and academia is in fact throwing men and young males under the bus to make school easier for women and little girls.

And they still are not going to those jobs or doing the same types of jobs. I think it might be time to just admit that women and men are different and make allowances for that difference rather then using that difference as a way to talk women into hating men themselves and society at large and using that hatred to fatten their wallets, build power, and talk them into bed.
>>
>>7105812
In some cases you're right, in some cases they do seek those jobs but take longer to get them because they have to (or want to) take time off their careers to raise kids. Even if they aren't pursuing those jobs though, there's likely a reason for that which isn't just because they're female. Some career fields are male dominated to the point of common harassment, and others women are discouraged from entering into.
>>
>>7105981
1.Most first world nations give women a lot of leeway even if they have children. And it is entirely up to women if they want to have children or not. Entire sections of feminism and pro female thought is outright hostile to the idea of having children altogether.

2.Which fields are you referring too? I'm curious.
>>
>>7106090
1. True, it is up to the woman to have children, but a lot of employers, even big ones in first world nations, only give maternity leave to women. That means if someone has to stay home to take care of the kid, it has to be the woman, even if the man would be perfectly happy to do so. Even if the employer isn't going to punish the mother for taking time off, several months to a few years' worth of absence from the workplace will slow down someone's climb quite a bit.

2. Construction and the military come to mind, both are male dominated to the extreme, and I hear a lot of women involved in construction having problems being taken seriously or being harassed, and the military has big problems with sexual harassment and abuse from superior officers. Some STEM field careers also have problems, such as papers published by women often not being taken as seriously as those from men.
>>
>>7106138
1.That's not a problem and it's not sexist. More then a few women decide to have children alone. Remember. It's a woman's body and a woman's decision and the women who fought for that did and do not care for the input of a male partner/sperm donor.

2.Women aren't taken seriously until they can do the work that needs to be done and talk as much shit as the guys. Till then they're on the same level as that weird dude who can't pull his weight and makes things awkward.
And a chunk of the abuse heaped on women in the military comes at the hands of other women in the military. But that's not convenient and that doesn't get headlines for obvious
reasons. Also, women get the same military benefits as men but are not ever allowed to go to the front lines and I honestly can't think of any female soldiers that have volunteered to go to war or to the frontlines.
Have any idea of how many children were concieved to female soldiers on september the 12th?
>>
>>7106090
>>7106138
At my workplace there are three former university students who used to be paid interns until recently. They graduated a couple of months ago and all three applied for full-time jobs here. They ended up getting it, but our boss had to go out of his way to convince the HR department to hire them. They didn't explicitly said it, but everyone was perfectly aware that the HR department was reluctant to hire them because they were young women without kids, so any one of them might unexpectedly take a maternity leave(and there were already 2 on a maternity leave in our department).
So companies can still discriminate against women by favoring male applicants, just without explicitly stating the reason.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.