[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non binary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4537.jpg (25KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4537.jpg
25KB, 222x216px
As much as this may seem like a bait thread, my thoughts on this are legitimate;

Non binary people are 1 of two things; cis people who want to fit under the trans label but who have zero desire to medically transition (think men with beards with zero dysphoria or blue haired lesbians who require you to refer to them as "Xir") and 2; actual trans people who originally wanted to transition but are too ugly to pass or too old to pass and thus still want to identify as trans without the expectation of passing (think 5'2 lesbian with shaved head and neck beard).

Am I at all wrong ? This should cover the vast majority of people who are "non binary".
>>
Nope and nope. Non binary people are stuck somewhere between masculine and feminine.
>>
I though non-binary was just a short way of saying white cishet woman in gender studies.
>>
It's just a bunch of bullshit. You're either 1) cis male, 2) cis female, 3) transgender (trans man, trans woman, or intersex). Anything else is just some made up special snowflake "identity" that insecure (usually white upper class women) latch onto. Fuck em
>>
>>7106531
>between masculine and feminine.
This is when you know somebody has gone brain dead on SJW.

Don't you mean, between MALE and FEMALE?
The only legitimate form of non-binary would be to want to be a more serious case of intersex.
>>
>>7103763
I think it's possible that, due to the veritable ocean of people yelling about gender, some individuals just look at it and go, "I really don't feel any of this, it's not important to me what gender I am in the slightest." I think it's valid to eschew gender in such a way.

I've been toying with the idea that there are two "scales", one covering the area between man and woman, and one covering the area between actually feeling it's important and not giving a single shit. With this idea, non-binary people would be a "0" on the giving a shit scale, so gender is just irrelevant to their identities. I think this should be respected.

I will say, though, that many cis people probably aren't in a position to really be aware of how much they care about gender because the world just immediately accepts them. It's easy to say you don't care about something when it doesn't effect you in the slightest.

I'm open to the perspectives of non-binary people, if any of them want to jump in and say something. For instance, I really don't know what a gender that isn't man or woman would be. I'm curious about people who experience themselves as such.

>>7106546
For what it's worth, all the non-binary people I know are male-bodied individuals.
>>
>>7106610
>For what it's worth, all the non-binary people I know are male-bodied individuals.
I feel that when male bodied individuals say they are trans or non-binary they really are because of the violence male bodies endure and the prejudice male bodies face they would not claim to be non-cis so easily.

Similarly, women, especially white middle class women in college, are so insulated by female privilege and so protected by society that they often fake being trans or non-binary as a form of escapism. Those are simply masks that they can put on and off as a toy without worry of the violence that men and trans women face daily.
>>
>>7106626
To what violence are you referring? The effects of testosterone? The high chance of being murdered if you're a poor minority in a shit neighborhood?

I have a male body and the only violence I've endured was a nipple-twist/sack-tap/roughhousing fad that went through my middle-school. And of course the whole man-face thing, but that's only an issue for me because I want a girl-face.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.