[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is passing mostly a matter of age or mostly genetics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tfw.jpg (140KB, 912x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
140KB, 912x1024px
Is passing mostly a matter of age or mostly genetics?
>>
NOOOOOOO!!!!!111 IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MALES TO BE FEMALES AND PASS AS ONES NOOO!!!!!!!11111 REMEMBER THE MALE SKELATON!!!!!111 NOOOO!!!!!!!!!111
>>
>>7085129
A little of column A, a little of column B, a lot of column C: Effort. Good makeup, clothes, and voice training can make up for a lot, and FFS can fix a lot of what's left.
>>
>>7085129
genetics just works as an adjuster on age so at most you're a few years ahead or behind
the 'late transitioning' age cutoff is far later than this board thinks though
on the other hand there are people like my brother (a cis boy, but using him as an example) -- 13, 5'9", large frame, strong jaw/chin, prominent apple, looks 18-20 -- who are in unlucky positions even if they transition very young, but even then, if my brother were to transition now his starting point would be like the average 18-20 year old's (which is not bad at all even though everyone here thinks it is) and his results would be better than theirs because he'd have way more puberty to go through still
>>7085182
this too, despite the recent meme that it's useless ffs revolutionized treatment of mtf sex discordance for a reason
>>
>>7085170
You're trying to make it sound like that is a ridiculous thing to say, but the fact is that most trannies could never pass.
>>
>>7085182
>voice training
yeah those fake voices really help a lot!!

>FFS
any surgery of this kind is both expensive and dangerous, even just a nosejob can leave you horribly disfigured, and being a tranny doesn't mean you have to be pretty anyway, my advice is don't ever do this shit
>>
this new "FFS doesn't work" meme is most likely bait by uninformed TERFish people. Interesting that the same person who thinks that FFS doesn't work, also thinks that a female voice isn't completely achievable for literally anyone.

To OP, passing is a combination of Genetics and Effort. Transitioning as early as you can also helps, but there have been many people who transitioned in their late 30's who were successful.

one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYLETUs_R4M
>>
>>7085242
get a clue
>>
>>7085279
correction: late 20's-early 30's
>>
>>7085279
First of all, I didn't say FFS "doesn't work", I said it was expensive and dangerous. Which is true. When things go wrong with that kind of surgery, even much more minor procedures, things go wrong in a big way.

Second, I want to add that I didn't say a "female voice" wasn't achievable. I said that it was a fake voice, because that's what it is. When you make a conscious effort to alter your natural voice, that's called doing a fake voice. It doesn't become your natural voice, you just get used to doing a fake voice.
>>
>>7085285
>>7085305
get a clue
>>
>>7085305
well, after a while it takes effort to go into boyvoice, so idk if it makes sense to still call the new voice fake.

second there's really not that much of a reason to say that surgery is dangerous, and expensive depends on where you live and what doctor you go to. Most doctors make minor alterations and this type of surgery is pretty common and has been done for decades. It only serves to scare people of for no reason.
>>
>>7085129
primarily age
>>
>>7085338
This. Unless you get lucky, in most cases your age will be the biggest factor in passing
>>
>>7085360
What's the ideal age range for passing (starting from pre-puberty, I'm sure, but what do you estimate is the upper bound)?
>>
>>7085394
you realize this is a stupid question right?
as early as possible
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.