[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pepe 2.png (109KB, 446x389px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 2.png
109KB, 446x389px
Do you think it's inevitable as a LGBT person to lower your standards in order to not end up alone forever?
>>
No, theres enough of us that we can find someone about the same level of quality as us same as any cis person. Altho depends on ur area I guess
>>
>>7079857
>same as any cis person
Most LGBT are cis, dumbass

I swear trannies act like they own this board these days
>>
Not always.
Look around you. Chances are you will find a lot of relationships where you find one person 'just settling' with another person because they believe they won't ever get any better, and they will be 'miserable'.
I see it a lot.

Everyone can be, and is a beautiful island on their own. Find something else to shift your attention on. A new hobby perhaps. Go do things that you normally wouldn't. Expand your world.

I will die alone. Yes, there are some days where this upsets me, a lot. I have a bruise on my right hand currently where I've been crying my eyes out and punching the ceiling of my car.
But, on the other hand, I'm finding something else.

I'm beginning to learn how to cherish my friendships a lot more. Keep less friends, and keep them extremely close. They will leave eventually, but for now, they are like my family.
I might not have the intimate connection of a lover, but that's only one of the few downsides of trying to live just off friends and immediate relationships.

Some of us are made to be alone. Some of us will realize this and move past it, and deal with the hardship and trials that this path comes with. Some others will settle, with the risk if still feeling alone.

No matter what path you choose in life, and this goes with almost anything, you will have something that will suck about it.
We're humans. We adapt.
>>
I believe so, if you think about it, when you're gay or lesbian only 10% of the prefered sex is available. If you add your physical preference to that and the odds of the person not liking you back, you have no choice but to lower your standards...
>>
My standart aren't high

>be taller than me (5'11)
>don't smoke
>have a kissable face
>>
>>7080196
A quick google says the average male height in the usa is 5 feet 10 inches. I wonder how many potential partners you lose due to that 1 inch.
>>
>>7080196
>height
die
>>
>>7079639
Depends on how low your standards are to begin with
>>
>>7080156
3% according to statistics that are actually real and usually work irl
>>
No and if you compromise you'll just end up leaving that person eventually
>>
I live near an extremely open and accepting city with lots of potential partners. I don't have "high standards" and I'm pretty average looking as well and I hope at least likable. I try to be as nice as I can to everyone. But I'm terrified of STDs. The town I live in is the exact opposite of the city. Lots of rednecks and general close-mindedness, so I don't know any other gay people meaning all I have to go off is the internet. And the internet makes it seem like all gay people are raging sluts on drugs so I'm scared to try and get close with anyone.
>>
>>7079639
It is inevitable that you lower your standards to realistic levels if your standards are out to lunch, but that doesn't mean people with reasonable standards need to settle lower. If you can't find someone and your standards are reasonable then you need to work on improving yourself.
>>
>>7080287
Well, that's even worse lol
>>
>>7080309
Try online dating, get yourself a Tinder
>>
>>7080294
I feel like i compromise constantly because I'm afraid of being forever alone and then i break up with them after a couple of months, but i always feel like i should have just not started the relationship in the first place and i feel bad, but i do it again right away.
>I've made several guys cry/almost cry (i could tell they were holding it back) this year alone.

How do i stop being a serial heartbreaker? It feels bad to do and I live in a very small city so I feel like there's no men who meet my standards.

I just started dating a guy and i can tell he's infatuated with me, and i like sex with him, and it can probably last a little while, but he's just a little bit dumb and immature. I'm 90% sure I'm going to break up with him in a couple months, but again i don't want to be forever alone.
>>
>>7080322
I think you should do what you think is the best option for you. The moment you think the sex and the fact that you're not alone isn't worth it anymore, just leave him.
>>
>transbian
>pretty specific taste in women
>ended up going out with my best lesbro after transition even though she didn't meet my specific ideal
>she actually turned out to be better than my imaginary ideal in every conceivable way and I'm even so much more close to her than I ever was as friends

I 'lowered' my standards and everything turned out p good
>>
>>7079939
Why are you so convinced that you're doomed to loneliness?
>>
>>7079639
no when you're young & attractive.
yes when you're get older (= 25yo and more).
But i guess cis/non-LBGT people have the same problem.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.