[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to diy while still living with parents? I still live with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1475594970776.jpg (57KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
1475594970776.jpg
57KB, 482x549px
How to diy while still living with parents?

I still live with my parents (going to college locally) and they're adamant against me transitioning. I was told to get everything delivered to a PO box but I have no idea how to do any of that, or the best sites to order from. Pls help
>>
>>7078576
Do u have money and are 18+? I went to an informed consent clinic and was on mines for 9mo before I told my parents.
>>
>>7078622
I don't have insurance that covers it, and I hear it's cheaper to get them online
>>
>>7078576
If your parents know that you are trans that actually makes things more complicated because they will be more aware of any feminine change your might get. Good luck.
>>
>>7078754
Ty, but my parents are actually blind to things they don't want to see, so I doubt they'd notice. If they did I'd move in with a friend
>>
Badump
>>
bump pls
>>
File: 1473964778411.jpg (13KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1473964778411.jpg
13KB, 230x230px
>>
just check the OPs of the various generals that take HRT

your postal service should have a guide to setting up a PO box on their website
>>
>>7078576
I think you should listen to your parents. You're way too young to make such a drastic and life changing decision. Chances are you'll hate it and with no options to revert back you might even suicide. Listen to your parents. They want what's best for you.
>>
>>7080291
Their parents want what's best for themselves, not what's best for their kid.

If you can OP either google how to get a PO box or go to the post office and request one. Or see if you have any friends you might be able to have it shipped to.

I know someone who pulled it off who was only 16 and had it shipped right to their house, so I think you can do it.
>>
>>7080291
i'm assuming good faith here, because you say you're a visitor and may not understand what sex discordance really is and the importance of treating it
have you looked at the research on the treatment of sex discordance in minors? they have adult outcomes comparable to cis people in terms of happiness and mental stability, and turn out much better than people who were forced to wait
sex discordance, according to the latest research on the topic, is an intersex condition with a neurological basis. it is not a choice, and it can be severe to the point of being fatal for a subset of cases. cases with younger onset are generally more severe and withholding treatment for sex discordance in younger onset cases can have tragic results. even when these are avoided, physical and mental outcomes are better the younger one transitions.
the only people too young to transition are prepubertal children, and if their dysphoria progresses to true sex discordance at the beginning of puberty (how common this is is unknown) then they are now old enough to transition because the chance of remission at that point is nil
>>
>>7080496
So as soon as puberty kicks in a kid should be able to decide to go through gender reassignment procedures? This is absolutely insane, you must see that right? 12 year olds cannot be allowed to decide to interfere with puberty using hormone treatments... give them a chance to develop for fucks sakes.
>>
>>7080499
have you found a paper (not paul mchugh) that provides solid evidence that allowing 12 year olds to transition is a bad idea?
also, at age 12 under current protocols only hormone blockers are prescribed, though as someone who was personally fucked over by hormone blocker use at a point of adolescence where t should have been prescribed instead i think the protocols should be more amenable towards prescribing hormones to teenagers (though still not 12 year olds barring extenuating circumstances)
>>
>>7080499

By 12 years old, some kids have already developed a bit. Don't you know girls start puberty as early as 9 and the first sign puberty has started in a male is enlargement of the testes?

You do know that figure that says 80% of trans children desist, besides being exaggerated by an order of magnitude, all say that the desisters are out of the treatment pool by puberty? By the time of puberty, you're dealing with kids who will suffer negative consequences if you let them continue to develop into their biological sex.

Keep in mind the Dutch have been giving kids puberty blockers at 12 since the 90s and have found the mental health of the trans people they treat as children is as good or better than their cisgender control group peers after all surgeries. That is to say, and this is tge important part, a trans person treated as a child has a far better mental health outcome than trans people who had started after puberty, especially as adults. This shows there is nothing inherently wrong with trans people that causes them to be incurably depressed or unhappy even with accommodations made to them even when doctors "give in to the patient's delusions." The criticism that transition does not work because trans people still kill themselves after treatment, is based on studying the adult population, which is biased towards unhappiness because of the lasting changes given by an unwanted puberty.

Children must be allowed puberty blockers by the time they start puberty.
>>
>>7078754
untrue, I tried telling people then gave up when no one wanted to hear me, I've been on hormones for a year, 18 now and no one has said anything
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.