[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any trannys here that are offended by this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: buffalobill.jpg (46KB, 639x342px) Image search: [Google]
buffalobill.jpg
46KB, 639x342px
buffalo bill from the silence of the lambs. i was reading wikipedia and aparently when the film came out a bunch of LGBT guys were crying about the character.

is it really offensive? if so, why?

off topic: why are the lgbt on this 4chan a lot more realistic people than the ones on tumblr who cry like anyone owes them anything?
>>
>>7073408
I'm trans and I think BB really does play the "get the fuck away from me" character pretty well.

Enough to actually piss people off, it seems. looool
>>
>shills spam tran threads all day
I'm fuckin' done m8
>>
The movie didn't go into as much detail as the book did in explaining that Buffalo Bill wasn't actually a transsexual., so a lot of people with little knowledge of transsexuals who saw the movie and didn't read the book (i.e. the majority of Americans who saw the movie) ended up thinking, "huh, this I'd what trannies are like." It was just bad PR for us thanks to some unfortunate decisions made when they wrote the screenplay. Still a good movie, though.
>>
>>7073408
Isn't he a transvestite? So this is probably something the gays are mad about.

Laverne is supposedly going to play him in the remake... That should seal her fate of NOT being a trans representative.
>>
buffalo bill = AGP transbian
buffalo bill's tranny victim = trutrans

learn the difference it could save your life
>>
I like him.
He shows one of the worst case scenario of what can happen if you don't let children transition while they can.
>>
>>7073408
In the movie, Lecter explicitly says that Bill is not transsexual - he just hates his identity to the point where he thinks he is (which is still a bad message towards trans people, I guess). In any event, Starling says herself that most trans people are harmless and passive, and Lecter further states that Bill was rejected from having SRS at three hospitals because he didn't fit the criteria.

So no, if you actually pay attention to the movie, it's not offensive. Even if it was, the director Jonathan Demme, went on to make Philadelphia after that - so he redeemed himself.
>>
>>7073503

Was going to post this, minus the part of the director, since I didn't know that. Most people just can't pay attention so they ended up thinking trannies are all like Buffalo Bill.
>>
Yeah so I've had "Buffalo Bill" shouted at me by men in public a few times, but I don't blame the character for that. I trust that the writer was just trying to play off the Ed Gein story and meant no ill will towards the trans commmunity.
>>
>>7073408
Absolutely. An absolutely vicious condemnation of transsexuals.

They blatantly say he hates himself, just the same as transsexuals do.

They just make a wild leap into him becoming a serial killer. And a fucking solo serial killer! If they depicted a psychopath's transsexual partner, or a far left terrorist pack member, at least that would be conceivable!
>>
>>7073443
This word for word
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.