[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open letter to transmen;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2474.jpg (27KB, 237x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2474.jpg
27KB, 237x231px
It is ok to have emotions
It is ok to have feelings
You do not have to be a sociopath to be masculine
It is totally okay to talk about your feelings and doing so will in no way invalidate your identity
But holding stuff in because you don't want to be seen as a little bitch until it gets so bad that you explode officially makes you a cunt.
>>
>>7062266
As a straight cis man this is misleading and false information.

It most certainly not ok to talk about your emotions. You can talk about how something happened to you and that is sucks, but you can not talk about how it makes you feel.

Part of being a man is holding in your emotions. If someone keeps bugging you, you should ignore it at first but if they keep it up, you keep holding it in, until you blow up and yell at them with the goal of making that person feel like shit and hopefully break down crying.
>>
>>7062266
in my experience with other transmen, they tend to have the opposite problem desu. but you're right i guess
>>
Cis man here. This is a surefire way to lose respect and destroy social opportunities and relationships. DO NOT DO THIS. I don't care what the feelings brigade tells you.

You ONLY talk about your feelings to an extremely close and trusted best friend, your therapist, or your LONG term committed relationship where she has opened up about way more shit first.
>>
File: 1468800668560.jpg (499KB, 2125x3190px) Image search: [Google]
1468800668560.jpg
499KB, 2125x3190px
>>7062266
Girls don't have natural emotions. Women created the idea of 'emotions' and brainwash them in males starting at birth as a way to exert control over them and to tie them to the heels of women. This is why men on average have strong and visceral emotions, and why on average women "express" their "emotions" through verbally discussing them rather than explicitly feeling them in any capacity.

Transmen don't express emotion because they can't feel emotion. it's because it's simply not there all.
>>
>>7062285
I guess the difference is whether you care more about being an emotionally healthy, well adjusted individual, or being seen as fully male by most people you encounter.
>>
>>7062299
Maybe gay guys can get away with it, but if you are a straight man you can not be so emotional. Part of your job is to be the emotionally stoic individual so you can keep your head on straight while everyone around you is losing theirs.
>>
>>7062299
If you talk about your feelings to people, you won't be emotionally healthy or well adjusted when everyone treats you like fucking garbage for it. You will question yourself, you will lose you confidence, you will lose self esteem, and you will have to force yourself to bury those feelings again to get it back.

If you're a man, there's no way to win. You have to deal with it, because that's what the rest of the world will scream at you.

I'm specifically talking about people who want to succeed in their career, finances, and relationships. If you aren't interested in that, go ahead and make everyone think you're a bitch.

Again I'm not saying you are a bitch for having feelings, I'm saying that society is awful and the game is rigged against you.
>>
>>7062293
this

if you're gonna be a man, man the fuck up
>>
>>7062313
>If you talk about your feelings to people, you won't be emotionally healthy or well adjusted when everyone treats you like fucking garbage for it.

that's assuming people will treat you like garbage. i don't disagree with you in general, but being stoic and emotionless isn't the only option. it's possible to express your emotions on the same level of most women, but in that case your only friends will most likely be cis women or other trans people, and like you said, you wouldn't be considered male by most cis dudes.
>>
>>7062367
>wants to be a man
>express your emotions on the same level of most women
>same levels of most women
>not on the same level as most men

are you a transtrender or something
>>
>>7062293
FTM here, i agree with this lol

OP, your heart is in the right place but I wouldn't suggest telling FTM's to essentially whine like women about how they're feeling 24/7, basically: >>7062332

I have succumbed to "toxic masculinity", some of you might say, but i'd much rather hang out with my guy friends than a bunch of fat emotional fakebois
>>
>>7062410
Is it not manly to face fear of judgement than shy away from it?
>>
>>7062454
it's not manly to "face fear of judgement" by whining about it like a lil bitch
>>
>>7062454
No you dumbass.

Society wants men to not have weak/negative emotions, only confidence, dominance, and usefulness. When you reveal that men are in fact humans too, it just pisses everyone off. It breaks the illusion, but instead of people thinking "oh I forgot men are human beings" it just makes them think "the fuck is wrong with this guy? What a pussy/bitch/beta/weak/failed man"
>>
>>7062454
It is not about being scared of people judging you. It is about self-respect. You have to be strong enough to not let your emotions affect you significantly. If you have a problem you deal with it.

If other people see you as a man who has self-respect and can handle his shit without having to whine to other people they will respect you more. Which helps you yourself have more self-respect, which causes other people to respect you more and so on.

It is a positive feedback loop brought on by being tough.
>>
>>7062266
>>7062285
>>7062293
As with most extreme viewpoints the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It is obviously not a good idea to whine about your emotions to anyone who'll listen, but at the same time being emotionally repressed is unhealthy and unattractive. I cannot imagine wanting a boyfriend who is unable to deal with his emotions, because inevitably that comes out in rage.

Relationships aside, repressing all your emotions all of the time is a surefire way to be unhappy, so don't do that :)

I think the problem with this thread is that 4channers like to think in extremes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.